• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Maybin a Jet

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Niners are trying to be Like the Braves of the 90's with their pitcher reclamations. Turn duds into studs... I know most of yall are Giants fans and might think of the Braves as the big 3 .. But Mercker, Ashby, Thompson, Mullholland.. Mazzone could take pitchers and get the best out of them... Maybe Harbaugh can do the same with former high draft picks.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I should be embarrassed to say this, but I loved Maybin coming out as a prospect! He hasn't flashed at all in the NFL though. There's no thread of hope to grasp, based solely on his on-field play. But after signing Donte Whitner I remember he said when he got to the 49ers and looked at the weight room, it was a huge upgrade from the one the Bills have at their facility. Maybin was/is a guy rat. He weighed in at 228lbs this season, which is beyond underweight.

Just giving Maybin a look adds to my theory that I and Baalke share the same brain frequency and have been exchanging ideas unbeknownst to him.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I guess he couldnt do any worse than Gibson

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he eligible for practice squad? I never paid to much attention to the PS rules

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Well, they said he is friends with Vernon. He was teammates with Bowmann in College and with Whitner in Buffalo. Maybe he will come here. Can't hurt to try the kid out.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Imac was not interested in forcing a Crabtree pick, but he was on board with taking him if he fell to us @ 10 and Stafford and Sanchez were gone.

This is not true. imac wanted no part of Crabtree at 10; he wanted Jenkins like Clyde. I thought Orakpo was the BPA / BVA at 10.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I wanted Raji and was his biggest fan. Damn you GB! Doesn't help watching him dominate either.

So did I. I wasn't too mad when GB picked him 'cause Orakpo was still on the board (I would've taken Raji over Orakpo), but then McBooseHound kicked me in the junk by taking Crabby...

So we're trying out Maybin at WR? :)

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Imac was not interested in forcing a Crabtree pick, but he was on board with taking him if he fell to us @ 10 and Stafford and Sanchez were gone.

This is not true. imac wanted no part of Crabtree at 10; he wanted Jenkins like Clyde. I thought Orakpo was the BPA / BVA at 10.

Sick, what I wrote does not implicate Imac's wishes just what he said he would accept if those certain criteria (Stafford, Sanchez) were met, and it is 100% true. I came across the post a few weeks ago while looking for another post.

Like many/most that I can recall from that time, Imac figured Crab would be gone before our pick @ 10.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sick, what I wrote does not implicate Imac's wishes just what he said he would accept if those certain criteria (Stafford, Sanchez) were met, and it is 100% true. I came across the post a few weeks ago while looking for another post.

Ok, sorry. I missed the point you were making. I suppose another way to say it would be he was resigned to the fact that the Niners took him? I know imac was in agreement with me in saying in a best case scenario he'd become a TJ Houshmandzadeh ...

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Ok, sorry. I missed the point you were making. I suppose another way to say it would be he was resigned to the fact that the Niners took him? I know imac was in agreement with me in saying in a best case scenario he'd become a TJ Houshmandzadeh ...

Christ, he hasn't even become that yet. lol!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait wait what????

Are the 49ers interested in Maybin? Wow.... Maybe Maybin can be our coverage LB????

I still stand by him being a bust and no where near a first rd talent... heck back in the old board, i thought his ceiling is no better than haralson

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think it would be an exercize in futility to even try Maybin at OLB unless he'd be a specialty player for certain packages. It appears he's not big enough to play ILB, and he can't play safety. Unless he adds some bulk I don't see any way he can contribute to the defense.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think it would be an exercize in futility to even try Mays at OLB unless he'd be a specialty player for certain packages. It appears he's not big enough to play ILB, and he can't play safety. Unless he adds some bulk I don't see any way he can contribute to the defense.

that works too!

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NinerSickness said:
I think it would be an exercize in futility to even try Maybin at OLB unless he'd be a specialty player for certain packages. It appears he's not big enough to play ILB, and he can't play safety. Unless he adds some bulk I don't see any way he can contribute to the defense.

I think it would be an exercize in futility to even try Mays at OLB unless he'd be a specialty player for certain packages. It appears he's not big enough to play ILB, and he can't play safety. Unless he adds some bulk I don't see any way he can contribute to the defense.

that works too!

Ziiiiiiiing!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NinerSickness, you self plagerise..... LOL....

Is Maybin still fast though?

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers camp report (8/16): Competition on O-line

Personnel report: After former Buffalo Bills first-round pick OLB Aaron Maybin cleared waivers, the 49ers were among the teams to inquire about signing him, his agent said. But Maybin decided he was not going to sign with the 49ers, opting to go in "another direction," his agent said. Maybin, the No. 11 overall pick of the 2009 draft, had no sacks for the Bills in two seasons.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers camp report (8/16): Competition on O-line

Personnel report: After former Buffalo Bills first-round pick OLB Aaron Maybin cleared waivers, the 49ers were among the teams to inquire about signing him, his agent said. But Maybin decided he was not going to sign with the 49ers, opting to go in "another direction," his agent said. Maybin, the No. 11 overall pick of the 2009 draft, had no sacks for the Bills in two seasons.

Zero sacks in two seasons...I am not upset he wanted to go in another direction.