• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Maybin a Jet

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's what I disagree with. Since Rex Ryan has taken over the Jets, have they even had a legitimate pass-rusher on the outside? I don't see why you'd think that.

Because he wont be lining up in a traditional 34 where ok pressure comes mostly from olbs, the jets bring pressure from all over which could free him up. Im not sold on him playing on a 34 but we will see what happens

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he wont be lining up in a traditional 34 where ok pressure comes mostly from olbs, the jets bring pressure from all over which could free him up. Im not sold on him playing on a 34 but we will see what happens

So where do you think Maybin would get pressure from in Ryan's defense? He can't play any position other than 3-4 OLB, which he failed miserably at in Buffalo.

You might have a point if this was Pittsburgh, but the Jets haven't proved that they can groom pass-rushers.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where do you think Maybin would get pressure from in Ryan's defense? He can't play any position other than 3-4 OLB, which he failed miserably at in Buffalo.

You might have a point if this was Pittsburgh, but the Jets haven't proved that they can groom pass-rushers.

Like I said we'll see what happens, I dont think he'll turn it around but only time will tell.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For a scheme PR based 3-4, I'd intuitively lean towards using smaller faster OLB's who can also drop into coverage. To have OLB's who can add to the disguise creates another layer of confusion. You may be able to put his speed to use in trailing timing blitzes for instance.

In a Pitts style 3-4 you pretty much know the OLB's are coming. But in a 3-4 PR/Coverage role he may find a third down niche role. Maybe it works out, or maybe not but I see why the Jets schematically are taking a stab. If this doesn't work out he'll probably go to a 4-3 team.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Aaron Maybin had 1.5 sacks tonight against the Jets.

Just so y'know.