• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manning done in Denver?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what is giving Manning a moment of pause about retiring is that he knows he is a horrible QB but this defense can beat anyone by themselves. So he's thinking ...I can be horrible again next year.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs like to take QB's past their prime. I hope they pass this time.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams will want to sign or trade for the Chase Daniels and McCowns of the world before they go to Manning at this point.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found the part about Manning and Elway having issues with each other to be interesting...

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found the part about Manning and Elway having issues with each other to be interesting...
I don't believe that part for a second.

But I do agree that there's no way Manning is back with the Broncos next year. Does anyone honestly think the Broncos are going to pay Manning $20 million next year to be one of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL, especially with all of their free agents they need to re-sign?

This is all probably moot anyway, because I'd bet my house Manning is going to retire.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe that part for a second.

But I do agree that there's no way Manning is back with the Broncos next year. Does anyone honestly think the Broncos are going to pay Manning $20 million next year to be one of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL, especially with all of their free agents they need to re-sign?

This is all probably moot anyway, because I'd bet my house Manning is going to retire.

I would be surprised too, but you never know.

Personally, I think he will retire as I think it would be a huge mistake for him to play anymore. He's done, walk away the way Elway did, with grace, dignity, and a SB win.

Brutal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definately on the Mount Rushmore of QB's, great great QB.

But, it's time to saddle up that pony and...HI HO SILVER.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it in another thread and I'll say it again... What does Manning have left to prove? Why should he come back? He has all the money he needs and he went out a Super Bowl Champion

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I think it's in Manning's best interest to retire at this point.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't be back with the Broncos. Too much money going to a guy who graded out as the worst QB in the league. Throw in he just doesn't fit what Kubiak wants to do with this offense. He did somewhat figure it out in the playoffs that he is no longer the all star of the team but it was more about making sure you don't put the defense in a bad situation and let them go out and win the game. He fought that like crazy for the first 9 games of the season and almost cost us a few of those games.

Yes I do think things soured between Manning and Elway this past season. Elway asked Peyton to take a $10 million pay cut. Nobody likes to hear that from their boss that their pay is going to get cut in half because of performance on the field. Manning is smart but he still has his pride. Throw in then firing the coach he came to play for especially the OC in Gase and like I said putting him then in a scheme that he hadn't played in 10+ years. I'm glad he got his 2nd ring but at least when it comes to Denver they are moving forward without him. Now maybe he goes elsewhere but I think the team has made it very clear that it is in the best interest of both parties that they part ways.