• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Herbert gets extension done. Now we wait for Burrow.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think finding better coaching has to be the starting point for the Chargers. They have been woefully inept in that regard the past several years. Once they get an even decent HC, then we can see this kid shine. He is a rare talent but there have been more than a few of those who were unable to overcome other factors around them and failed. Personally, I would love to see this kid succeed and reach his potential. He's a helluva lot of fun to watch play. I just don't know if this franchise will ever be more than a joke in this league as long as Spanos is around. They did hire a pretty good OC so we will see what happens.
It will be interesting to see how he and Moore come together. Moore got a lot of crap in Dallas and took a lot of blame, but he also had a pretty prolific offense with perhaps good but not great talent. Dak was never able to fully run Moore's Offense the way it's devised and IMO one of them needed to go or Moore needed to simplify things. I think with health to both himself and the rest of his team, Herbert will put up around 5,000 yards passing and around 40 TDs. I also think the Chargers make the playoffs in what I think will be a really, really good AFC in 2023. If they lose to a Jacksonville type team again, I think you can criticize them, but it's also a tall order for any QB/team to win a playoff game @ KC, @ Buff or @Cincy.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think he is even better than I have stated in this thread. He is elite. Probably the best thrower of the Football in the NFL. Not necessarily the best QB, but best pure thrower, I don't think I've watched one game where he didn't throw at least one pass that few QBs in the league can throw. To me you guys kind of come off as fans of rival teams to be honest. If the Chargers had an average QB they wouldn't be close to the playoffs.

I'd go a step farther and say he's in the discussion with best in NFL history in that regard. He's a machine throwing the football. After the Chargers postseason collapse I was shocked their Head Coach got another chance but I'm interested to see how Herbert looks in a new scheme with a new playcaller as well.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell.....I can't look past week one. Week to week league except anything eagles.
Ignore them, buddy. Don’t let them get to you. Life is long, way to long to let a few high and mighty idiots screw with your brain. Let it go.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see how he and Moore come together. Moore got a lot of crap in Dallas and took a lot of blame, but he also had a pretty prolific offense with perhaps good but not great talent. Dak was never able to fully run Moore's Offense the way it's devised and IMO one of them needed to go or Moore needed to simplify things. I think with health to both himself and the rest of his team, Herbert will put up around 5,000 yards passing and around 40 TDs. I also think the Chargers make the playoffs in what I think will be a really, really good AFC in 2023. If they lose to a Jacksonville type team again, I think you can criticize them, but it's also a tall order for any QB/team to win a playoff game @ KC, @ Buff or @Cincy.
:agree: Yeah, I'm thinking the same way. This kid can make any throw there is and Moore has a lot more talent to work with. The biggest hurdle is and always will be this organization. It starts with the ownership and just finds ways to fuck things up. I don't know how Staley has kept his job and the medical and training staff makes me think of this guy...
il_fullxfull.2703086349_bmew.jpg

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignore them, buddy. Don’t let them get to you. Life is long, way to long to let a few high and mighty idiots screw with your brain. Let it go.
I prefer the stomp out stupid thought more so than screwing with my brain. The internet is good for many folks, I get that.

I'm looking forward to the season. :suds:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its absolutely wild that he is 25-25 as a stud QB on a rookie contract on a talented team. Feels like almost every time the Chiefs play him its a coin flip and yet not a lot to show for his career before getting paid.

coaching matters

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes got a 10 year deal...

He'll restructure how many times during those 10 years? Otherwise, he's going to feel quite the fool when he's the 20th best paid QB at some point. He's already down to 7th with 9 years to go.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fool is your word.

Some just might see things slightly different. It COULD be a team thing. Some might not desire the me thing.

Shocking I know

Yeah, that only goes so far when 2/3 of the league is making more than you. Ask all these RBs how they feel about taking less.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that only goes so far when 2/3 of the league is making more than you. Ask all these RBs how they feel about taking less.
That's true but it's not like Mahomes is getting bargain basement either. By the time his contract is done, he'll have made half a billion dollars. And if he has a handful of rings, I don't think he gives a shit about being the 10-15th highest paid. Besides, most of these x number/ yr numbers that get thrown around are pretty misleading.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never will 2/
never will 2/3's make more than Mahomes.

now you're deflecting from you point.

thankfully, opinions vary

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never will 2/

never will 2/3's make more than Mahomes.

now you're deflecting from you point.

thankfully, opinions vary

2/3 is an exaggeration, but the top half could (without renegotiating). Currently, the top 15 are all over $30M. Within the next 9 years, could that increase by 50%? I think it can.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is even better than I have stated in this thread. He is elite. Probably the best thrower of the Football in the NFL. Not necessarily the best QB, but best pure thrower, I don't think I've watched one game where he didn't throw at least one pass that few QBs in the league can throw. To me you guys kind of come off as fans of rival teams to be honest. If the Chargers had an average QB they wouldn't be close to the playoffs.
I actually agree with this. I think he has the best combined accuracy, arm strength, age, and size in the NFL best I can tell. I do think he is more dependent on his supporting cast more than some of the other elite QBs and the Chargers supporting cast has always been in flux.

In terms of Mahomes, Herbert, and Josh Allen...you do kinda have to send an army to get these guys sacked. I think you've seen them all have moments where they make boneheaded mistakes but Mahomes is quite a bit further along in the maturity process at this point after last year. I certainly won't rule out Herbert and Allen from taking the next step. Herbert is so young in this conversation which is kinda why a lot of people thought he'd bust coming out of college. Herbert got better. He was hurt last year. All of the signs are there for him to improve. I do also think all of the signs are there for the Chargers roster to have issues long-term. That said, I do expect the Chiefs and Chargers to be the two teams battling for the next few years.