• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Malcom Butler

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought by me saying I couldn't have done it was my opinion.
Going back to the speculatiin thing, until I have all the facts I can't say if BB did the right thing or not? I wish he had played him so we could put this speculation to rest.

Fair enough?
Sure. I just think a lot of Patriots fans have a hard time saying "I think Belichick was wrong"

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I don't know why you won't give your opinion on this. Do you think Belichick made a mistake benching Butler?

2. We don't. But you said to go by what we know and what Malcolm has said. Butler said he never missed curfew.
2. Butler said he was out. I don't think we're speculating by saying he went out nightly. Now whether or not he missed curfew because he said so has a little opening for speculation or interpretation IMHO.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. Butler said he was out. I don't think we're speculating by saying he went out nightly. Now whether or not he missed curfew because he said so has a little opening for speculation or interpretation IMHO.
Okay I think that's a lot of speculation for someone who said they didn't want to speculate.

But even so. Let's say he went out and missed curfew, had a bad week of practice, etc etc. All those things happened. Was Belichick right in benching him?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. I just think a lot of Patriots fans have a hard time saying "I think Belichick was wrong"
I think BB has been wrong on multiple occassions. But he's there for a reason. At least for now. So evetytime I find myself pissed at him for a decision I don't agree with, I pause and look at the entire package. He's helped bring 5 Lombardi's to NE with decisions I don't always like or agree with:noidea:

As for this incident I can't blame him until all the facts are out which we'll likely never know. I can't buy Butler was innocent and BB sat
him because of a bad weeks practice. Sorry not buying it. BB wanted # 6 as much as anyone associated with that organization. Did he outsmart himself again, possibly?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can you post any links stating Butler said he was out? I have no idea (as most of us) about what really happened. But here are 2 articles I ran across.

-from si.com (2-6-18): Malcolm Bulter rejects rumors of missing curfew, 'ridiculous activities' before S.B. benching
-
from boston.cbslocal.com (2-6-18): Malcolm Butler says he did not miss any curfews during S.B. week

If he's lying about missing any curfew's he's sure digging himself into a deep hole. It'll be interesting once the truth about all of this is finally made public though.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think BB has been wrong on multiple occassions. But he's there for a reason. At least for now. So evetytime I find myself pissed at him for a decision I don't agree with, I pause and look at the entire package. He's helped bring 5 Lombardi's to NE with decisions I don't always like or agree with:noidea:

As for this incident I can't blame him until all the facts are out which we'll likely never know. I can't buy Butler was innocent and BB sat
him because of a bad weeks practice. Sorry not buying it. BB wanted # 6 as much as anyone associated with that organization. Did he outsmart himself again, possibly?
That's why I asked if everything was true, the worst of the worst, do you agree with the decision. Because to me, no matter what went down, he didn't handle it correctly.

Belichick is great, but I don't think he's beyond criticism.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you post any links stating Butler said he was out? I have no idea (as most of us) about what really happened. But here are 2 articles I ran across.

-from si.com (2-6-18): Malcolm Bulter rejects rumors of missing curfew, 'ridiculous activities' before S.B. benching
-
from boston.cbslocal.com (2-6-18): Malcolm Butler says he did not miss any curfews during S.B. week

If he's lying about missing any curfew's he's sure digging himself into a deep hole. It'll be interesting once the truth about all of this is finally made public though.
DVYaCjyU8AAbDDN.jpg

"I visited my family every night"

So he was certainly "out" as in, he wasn't at the hotel sitting in his room.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay I think that's a lot of speculation for someone who said they didn't want to speculate.

But even so. Let's say he went out and missed curfew, had a bad week of practice, etc etc. All those things happened. Was Belichick right in benching him?
You're asking me to speculate:nono:

You're painting it with a broad stroke. How bad was he at practice? How late was he? Different circumstances deserve different punishments.

I've already said I couldn't have benched him for the entire game on what I know.

But in an attempt to appease you. Yes BB was right in instilling discipline.

dann bunn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a game like that, all it took was one play either way as the eventual sack proved.

I mean Bulter had 4 huge play against the Seahawks. I think he could have least be hoped to pull one mediocre one out of his pocket on Sunday had he been given the chance.

Yeah, and he could have been in and missed coverage and been a goat. could of, should of, whatever, you lost.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're asking me to speculate:nono:

You're painting it with a broad stroke. How bad was he at practice? How late was he? Different circumstances deserve different punishments.

I've already said I couldn't have benched him for the entire game on what I know.

But in an attempt to appease you. Yes BB was right in instilling discipline.
Instilling discipline, maybe. Benching him for the entire game, letting the team now hours before the game, and not adjusting to the fact that his defense was being torn apart? That's where I think he was absolutely wrong.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and he could have been in and missed coverage and been a goat. could of, should of, whatever, you lost.
And when it was clear that Richards, Bademosi, and Rowe were missing coverages, you have to make a change. Guaranteed to work? No. Guaranteed failure if you keep the other three in there? Yup.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-

Sorry Wamu my tablet is giving me fits every time I try to attatch it. It keeps locking up. It's posted already in many places. It was part of the statement he released. About 1/2 way thru he says he was out with family.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We lost?? Thanks for telling me. I didn't know that. Watched the whole game and didn't realize it.....

I'm not saying it would have changed anything for sure.

But when you are getting your head handed to you on defense, you should try to change it up.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DVYaCjyU8AAbDDN.jpg

"I visited my family every night"

So he was certainly "out" as in, he wasn't at the hotel sitting in his room.
Again I believe players can visit with their families. No violation in that. But what he did or when he returned is speculation at this point.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instilling discipline, maybe. Benching him for the entire game, letting the team now hours before the game, and not adjusting to the fact that his defense was being torn apart? That's where I think he was absolutely wrong.
His choice, he's the coach and that's what he gets paid for. His legacy is determined by the decisions he makes.

Since you want to ask me to speculate how about I ask you a question?

What if all those accusations were true and MB arrived late on Sunday morning, smelling of weed and having weed on him. Does that change your opinion?

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His choice, he's the coach and that's what he gets paid for. His legacy is determined by the decisions he makes.

What if all those accusations were true and MB arrived late on Sunday morning, smelling of weed and having weed on him. Does that change your opinion?
No I would still think he handled it wrong. If he showed up smelling like weed, send him home. Don't dress him. Don't play him for a "special teams play".

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I'm not questioning whether or not it's his choice. Of course it is. What I'm questioning is whether or not it was the right decision.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I would still think he handled it wrong. If he showed up smelling like weed, send him home. Don't dress him. Don't play him for a "special teams play".
So you admit it's BB choice on who to play or not? But you don't agree with his choice on how to discipline MB. You'd opt to send him home, or not dress him or whatever. BB chose to allow him to dress and not play. Both you and I may choose to handle totally different. Doesn't mean either decision is wrong though. It just you don't agree with it. I'm cool with that.

As fans it sucks. Maybe it could've been better, maybe it could've been worse?

dann bunn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If that happened, then I'd be glad he was benched, and he wouldn't have played on special teams.