• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Macrus Peters may not be a Chief for much loinger

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't remember what year it was....I believe it was his rookie year where he led in ints, but also allowed the most yards to receivers. Don't know where he is at now as far as coverage is concerned, but if he's still the same guy, then I'd say overrated....and after that nonsense at the end of this season.....meh. I don't know if I'd give up much for that.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know where he is at now as far as coverage is concerned
Much better even if his passer rating allowed is still in the 60's; less INT fueled and far fewer throws coming his way. A much more efficient corner than he was his rookie year. His style makes him vulnerable at times I think if a safety fucks up, but besides that, not much wrong with him. The aggression giveth far more than he taketh. The takeaways justify most anything else even if he isn't Revis per se

.and after that nonsense at the end of this season.....
What did he do that was so bad? Be an overly emotional fool? How is that different from Travis Kelce? Price you pay sometimes with an all-pro CB with an ego. Or a WR or TE. Just the way it is sometimes.

Fun Fact:

Peters in 3 years:

19 INT's 6 FF's

Champ Bailey first 5 years

18 INT's 2 FF's (he had 7 FF's in his career)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't remember what year it was....I believe it was his rookie year where he led in ints, but also allowed the most yards to receivers. Don't know where he is at now as far as coverage is concerned, but if he's still the same guy, then I'd say overrated....and after that nonsense at the end of this season.....meh. I don't know if I'd give up much for that.
His coverage skills are better than his rookie year but he isn't a shutdown guy. The Chiefs have literally won and lost football games due to Peters being absolutely fantastic and inexplicably terrible.

I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt because the rest of the Chiefs defense was total trash outside of 2 or 3 other players.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much better even if his passer rating allowed is still in the 60's; less INT fueled and far fewer throws coming his way. A much more efficient corner than he was his rookie year. His style makes him vulnerable at times I think if a safety fucks up, but besides that, not much wrong with him. The aggression giveth far more than he taketh.

I'll take your word for it....I just felt from his rookie year that he was totally overrated....guess he's improved.

What did he do that was so bad? Be an overly emotional fool? How is that different from Travis Kelce? Price you pay sometimes with an all-pro CB with an ego. Or a WR or TE. Just the way it is sometimes.

Did he not get suspended by the team? Throwing the flag in the stands and walking off the field? The dude also came into the league with some baggage.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His coverage skills are better than his rookie year but he isn't a shutdown guy.

That's the gist of it.....he gives up more than the top end guys but he'll make it up with a big play like Moose described....although I ain't going Champ Bailey comparing numberwise.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take your word for it....I just felt from his rookie year that he was totally overrated....guess he's improved.

Did he not get suspended by the team? Throwing the flag in the stands and walking off the field? The dude also came into the league with some baggage.
True, he's without a doubt an emotional fool at times. Travis Kelce got ejected in a close game, coincidentally, for throwing his towel at a ref like a flag for not calling PI on a Jags defender in the EZ. (Kelce was right but acted stupidly). Bottom line is they're buoying the team even if they rustle jimmies in the process. Peters is kind of unusual in that he's kind of an outlier when it comes to collecting turnovers. Unique cat.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well lookie here...

“No one has told us that it’s accurate. No one has told us that it’s not accurate or that it couldn’t happen here. This began with Pro Football Talk over the weekend saying there was some talk around the league that, “Would the Chiefs make Marcus Peters available via trade?” but really nobody truly bringing it home and saying, “This guy’s on the market.” From what Ian (Rapoport) and I are told from people involved with the Chiefs and also people who would have spoken to the Chiefs about it, there have been no discussions. It’s just something down the line that—don’t rule it out basically. But as it stands right now, Marcus Peters ... I wouldn’t rule it out but I’m thinking right now Marcus Peters remains a Chief.”

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well lookie here...
Peters is also only making like $1.7 mil next year with 3 mill cap hit. To trade away a starting level CB on that contract is almost unthinkable unless he slept with someone's wife or something equally stupid.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean he was one of the top talents playing for UW and was booted off the team for being a total jackass anyway.

Whether or not this particular rumor is true, it sure wouldn't shock anyone up here if he ends up bouncing around. Those kind of players never end up 'getting it' and always make things harder on themselves and their teams.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean he was one of the top talents playing for UW and was booted off the team for being a total jackass anyway.

Whether or not this particular rumor is true, it sure wouldn't shock anyone up here if he ends up bouncing around. Those kind of players never end up 'getting it' and always make things harder on themselves and their teams.
Possible. But I don't think we've reached the TO/Revis threshold quite yet with him either. I am not motivated to move this jackass in the same way I wasn't interested in moving the jackass on the other side of the ball named Travis Kelce.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible. But I don't think we've reached the TO/Revis threshold quite yet with him either. I am not motivated to move this jackass in the same way I wasn't interested in moving the jackass on the other side of the ball named Travis Kelce.
Seattle has jackasses all over its lineup. Not required to dump them at all. As long as they help you win and don't cause problems in the locker room buck up and accept it, but something is off with Peters and it still wouldn't surprise me in the least if he is one of those locker room cancers. He was known for lighting into coaches here and that's a real no no in college. He had no self control and didn't appear interested in developing any.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come to Atlanta Marcus !! We would be happy to have you

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't surprise me. They've already gotten Amerson and traded for Fuller. Chiefs secondary was one of the worst in the NFL last year.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao...

I’ll take an oder of Myles Garrett and the #4 pick with a side of DeShone Kizer. This has bullshit written all over it. A notorious troller of all things KC in JLC is not welcome. Would be the dumbest trade in Chiefs history they’ve made. Would completely undo the good they got with Fuller.
I agree but has he become a locker room cancer?

Many people don't give enough credit to team chemistry. Having been a part of three championship teams that were less talented on paper but appeared to have better chemistry makes me a believer of many intangibles.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I’ll bite, can I have a link? I am away from my laptop and at the doctor’s office so it’s a bit of pain in the ass to do this on a phone. If there’s any substance to this Veach is instantly on my shitlist.
Is this the reason you're at the doc's office? Asking for a friend.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont think they could afford to lose one of the few true talents they have on that side of the ball
Translation: I don't want him facing Eli anymore then every 4-5 years.