• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Macrus Peters may not be a Chief for much loinger

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever is going on, I'd imagine, or not be surprised at the very least, there's some communication going on between the Chiefs and Peters just to clean this nonsense up. No need to poke the all-pro CB. The odds of this being real as JLC is reporting it are probably 1%.
So you're saying there's a chance?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao...

I’ll take an oder of Myles Garrett and the #4 pick with a side of DeShone Kizer. This has bullshit written all over it. A notorious troller of all things KC in JLC is not welcome. Would be the dumbest trade in Chiefs history they’ve made. Would completely undo the good they got with Fuller.
they;ve been saying this all week on NFL radio on sirius for wht its worth

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao...

I’ll take an oder of Myles Garrett and the #4 pick with a side of DeShone Kizer. This has bullshit written all over it. A notorious troller of all things KC in JLC is not welcome. Would be the dumbest trade in Chiefs history they’ve made. Would completely undo the good they got with Fuller.

In my experience, when La Canforna reports something like this. That is a strong indicator that it is never going to happen.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they;ve been saying this all week on NFL radio on sirius for wht its worth
So there's chatter

Does any of it at all come from the Chiefs? It would appear to be no which is a major red flag. The fact Rapsheet and Allbright went digging on this and couldn't come up with anything substantive is all kinds of suspicious. This sure looks like speculation spiraling out of control.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sure would look good in a Packers uniform

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there's chatter

Does any of it at all come from the Chiefs? It would appear to be no which is a major red flag. The fact Rapsheet and Allbright went digging on this and couldn't come up with anything substantive is all kinds of suspicious. This sure looks like speculation spiraling out of control.
Well see

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple thought:

The Chiefs have 3 more years of a cheap Mahomes, + a 5th year option and tags.

The Chiefs have 1 more year of cheap Peters, a 5th year option, and a tag.

The biggest window an NFL team can have to win the SB is a cheap QB. Peters fits the Chiefs SB window. Trading him away for anything less than the ark of the covenant is a non-starter as far as I am concerned. Some will think I was joking about asking for Myles Garrett, #4, and Kizer. It's not; and I recognize how unrealistic it is. The point is he's untradeable for the Chiefs. That point got driven home with Berry coming back and the top slot CB coming in from Washington. The Chiefs very possibly can win a SB in the next 3 years if Mahomes pans out.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is he's untradeable for the Chiefs. That point got driven home with Berry coming back and the top slot CB coming in from Washington. The Chiefs very possibly can win a SB in the next 3 years if Mahomes pans out.
I don't know about untradable. I think his trade value would be roughly Leonard Williams, Vic Beasley or Leonard Floyd but players like that don't get traded too often for the same reasons Peters likely isnt going to get traded.

You can't trade Peters for draft picks because thats totally unproven but most proven players command a high salary.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Champ Bailey made it 5 years in Washington before he was traded to Denver for Clinton Portis, and Washington even through in a 2nd round pick as well. Obviously at this point in his career Peters is better his first 3 years than Bailey was so lets KC doesn't throw in that 2nd round pick, it's not crazy to think KC would trade him straight up for an all pro player.

Maybe at the end of next year KC trades him to Atlanta for Deion Jones, that's entirely possible if someone wants to give up a high profile player to get Peters, they don't have to sacrifice the farm. Now I doubt Atlanta does that but if someone is willing to give up a young top tier talent it could very well be straight up or maybe throwing in a 2nd-3rd round pick just as Washington did to Denver.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Champ Bailey made it 5 years in Washington before he was traded to Denver for Clinton Portis, and Washington even through in a 2nd round pick as well. Obviously at this point in his career Peters is better his first 3 years than Bailey was so lets KC doesn't throw in that 2nd round pick, it's not crazy to think KC would trade him straight up for an all pro player.

Maybe at the end of next year KC trades him to Atlanta for Deion Jones, that's entirely possible if someone wants to give up a high profile player to get Peters, they don't have to sacrifice the farm. Now I doubt Atlanta does that but if someone is willing to give up a young top tier talent it could very well be straight up or maybe throwing in a 2nd-3rd round pick just as Washington did to Denver.
The only reason I think Peters could get traded is if Amerson and Fuller both outplay him. Probably only about a 25% chance of that happening, imo.

Chiefs wouldn't sign both Amerson and Peters with Berry's contract also in the secondary and Fuller's contract maybe being an issue around 2020. The conventional wisdom is that Amerson is on a 'prove it' deal that would likely get him paid somewhere else if he actually plays well.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can kind of see the logic. Fuller is the #1 CB moving forward.

KF being part of the the fleec, er, I mean trade, is what really bothered me. He was our best and most consistent secondary player last year.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda shocked AR would give up a player with a high talent level and a big mouth...Usually he's the guy that like these kinds of challenges and makes it work...

Like he made it work with Terrelle Owens?