• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Macrus Peters may not be a Chief for much loinger

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Passer rating under 70 each year despite targets going down and a very healthy takeaway rate.

It's fun to post plays when good CB's lose, I am sure. Jairus Wright burning the crap out of Richard Sherman for a TD is amusing too.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
REPORT: Kansas City Chiefs "May Look To Trade" CB Marcus Peters
According to CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora, the Kansas City Chiefs front office are seriously considering moving on from Pro Bowl cornerback Marcus Peters:

Continue to hear chatter that Marcus Peters may not be long for KC. Figure that intensifies next week at the combine

Peters was selected 18th overall by the Chiefs in 2015. The 25-year old is coming off an impressive year where he tallied 46 tackles, nine pass defenses, five interceptions and three forced fumbles in 14 games.

However, during the season Chiefs HC Andy Reid had to suspend Peters for a game for his actions in a loss to the New York Jets, when Peters threw a penalty flag into the stands and walked off the field.

The Chiefs acquired CB Kendall Fuller from the Redskins in a trade that involved QB Alex Smith earlier this month.

I have no doubt he'll find work elsewhere.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peters is a bit feast or famine no doubt. He was averaging 7 penalty yards per game last year which was more than Garrett Bolles in Denver and Phillip Rivers in LA as they were basically the 3 biggest culprit when it came to penalties in the AFC West last year.

Chiefs are also +45 in turnover margin since Marcus Peters joined the team. I'm not saying that is entirely sustainable but at some point it does start to be part of the team identity. Peters makes plays on the ball but I think its safe to say at this point that refs lock on to him and Peters usually doesn't help himself when it comes to that.

Peters had to deal with the Chiefs having a bottom 5 pass rush, a bottom 5 run defense and a bottom 5 secondary so its hard to evaluate him negatively, imo.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Passer rating under 70 each year despite targets going down and a very healthy takeaway rate.

It's fun to post plays when good CB's lose, I am sure. Jairus Wright burning the crap out of Richard Sherman for a TD is amusing too.

gads...

is Duffman just Haterading again...?

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peters is a bit feast or famine no doubt. He was averaging 7 penalty yards per game last year which was more than Garrett Bolles in Denver and Phillip Rivers in LA as they were basically the 3 biggest culprit when it came to penalties in the AFC West last year.

Chiefs are also +45 in turnover margin since Marcus Peters joined the team. I'm not saying that is entirely sustainable but at some point it does start to be part of the team identity. Peters makes plays on the ball but I think its safe to say at this point that refs lock on to him and Peters usually doesn't help himself when it comes to that.

Peters had to deal with the Chiefs having a bottom 5 pass rush, a bottom 5 run defense and a bottom 5 secondary so its hard to evaluate him negatively, imo.

man DEFINITELY takes chances. sometimes at the wrong time...

but better imo to have an aggressive corner...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd also consider the Eric Berry (non)factor when properly trying to evaluate the Chiefs defensive backfield last season...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moose

Youre a bright guy

I work with a Michigan Grad

How do the NCAA records reflect the 2013 NCAA BB title, now that Louisville has been vacated?

Obviously he is wondering If Michigan is listed as the 2013 National Champs, I didnt think so

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moose

Youre a bright guy

I work with a Michigan Grad

How do the NCAA records reflect the 2013 NCAA BB title, now that Louisville has been vacated?

Obviously he is wondering If Michigan is listed as the 2013 National Champs, I didnt think so
Well the first thing I'd say is I don't acknowledge much of anything the NCAA does anymore as legitimate.

As far as I recall, the NCAA acknowledges Louisville "won" the national championship, it does not recognize that title's legitimacy and thus the vacated wins. It does not imply Michigan is the champion if this is any indication:

NCAA basketball champions from 2017 to 1939

I suppose you can say what's the point of a runner-up, but that serves more to "who did X beat" if you were to ask me.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just noticing a pattern, m'man...

:tsk:
Peters/Fuller>Talib/Harris

Peters/Fuller>Harris/Roby

Peters/Kendall Fuller/Berry>Talib/Harris/Roby

Peters/Kendall Fuller/Berry>Harris/Roby/Random

I am fine with this game if he wants to play it, petty as it is. Pretty curious to see what a healthy Chiefs D does next year. March and April need to get here fast, and I am not talking about baseball.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peters/Fuller>Talib/Harris

Peters/Fuller>Harris/Roby

Peters/Kendall Fuller/Berry>Talib/Harris/Roby

Peters/Kendall Fuller/Berry>Harris/Roby/Random

I am fine with this game if he wants to play it, petty as it is. Pretty curious to see what a healthy Chiefs D does next year. March and April need to get here fast, and I am not talking about baseball.

Harris > Than anyone you have
DWlWqGTX4AAso4s.jpg:large

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris > Than anyone you have
DWlWqGTX4AAso4s.jpg:large

But thanks for pointing out Nelson can be a slot CB too, tbh. Best secondary in the league if Fuller can play outside (all indications are he can) and 2016 Nelson shows up.

Last edited:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Berry
Justin Houston
Marcus Peters
Kendall Fuller
Chris Jones
Reggie Ragland

That's potentially dynamite with something around it if that stays healthy.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But thanks for pointing out Nelson can be a slot CB too, tbh. Best secondary in the league if Fuller can play outside (all indications are he can) and 2016 Nelson shows up.

So Denver has someone ranked #1 and #3 for 3 years total and the Chiefs have someone ranked #1 and a guy who had a disastrous Rookie year followed by a good 2nd year. So Denver is overall consistently at the top meanwhile the Chiefs players are hit or miss outside of Peters. Hey if Fuller plays like he did this year and not last year then great for you, however you don't know because he doesn't have that consistency that Denver has. You know Denver is gonna have a great secondary because they've proved it, you can't say for certain the Chiefs will.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Denver has someone ranked #1 and #3 for 3 years total and the Chiefs have someone ranked #1 and a guy who had a disastrous Rookie year followed by a good 2nd year. So Denver is overall consistently at the top meanwhile the Chiefs players are hit or miss outside of Peters. Hey if Fuller plays like he did this year and not last year then great for you, however you don't know because he doesn't have that consistency that Denver has. You know Denver is gonna have a great secondary because they've proved it, you can't say for certain the Chiefs will.
The great secondary that has a real chance to cut Talib and has been out on the block for weeks? The secondary where Talib is entering his mid 30's? Yeah, keep hanging on to that.

Kendall Fuller developed into a great, at the minimum, slot CB which the Chiefs are going to be using extensively, anyhow. Maybe it's an incredible coincidence, but that's kind of hard to believe. In fact, comparing a rookie year to year two just reeks of false equivalence.

Kendall Fuller film review: How could the Redskins trade this guy?

Seth Keysor review.

BR1000 had Fuller as the #1 slot CB

PFF gave him a 90.0+ grade.

It's not as though analysts and data are disagreeing with each other on say... Marcus Peters. They all actually do agree with each other.