• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Luck and the Colts to Dethrone the Patriots??

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sort of reminds me of that 60's song.....Wishin' and Hopin'

Posted July 8, 2015 at 6:01 am
By: Ian Logue

Colts quarterback Andrew Luck appears to be an innocent bystander when it comes to the deflategate controversy set off by his organization, which has dominated the headlines this offseason while also leaving Luck’s nemesis, New England QB Tom Brady, sidelined – for now – for the first four games of the season.

But the veteran QB made a little noise this week after answering fan questions for a forum in London, with Luck saying he’d like to see his team take the next step and knock the Patriots out.

“The Patriots are obviously the defending Super Bowl champs and our defending conference champs so there’s a high amount of respect for that team and what they do,” Luck told BritViewNFL.com. “They’re the kings of the league right now and everybody would like to dethrone them — we’d like to dethrone them but you have to look at the season as 16 games. There are fans and media who will hype up certain games and circle them in red on the calendar but, as a player, you lose sight of what’s important if you get into that mode.”

Luck hasn’t even come close to beating the Patriots in their recent meetings, with New England having scored over 40 points per game in every contest against them. The closest margin? Their postseason match-up in 2014 when New England beat them by a paltry 21 points in a 43-22 Divisional Playoff win back on January 11, 2014.

The fourth-year quarterback is just 25-years old and he’s off to a solid start during the regular season, having amassed a career record of 33-15 after three straight seasons of finishing 11-5. However, he’s just 3-3 in the postseason, including two blowout losses to New England in each of the last two years. The most recent one should definitely be fresh in his mind after Tom Brady and the Patriots handed his team a 45-7 beating back in January, which included a second half clinic that saw New England outscore them 28-0 with perfectly inflated footballs.

To add insult to injury, Luck didn’t play well in that game against Bill Belichick’s defense, completing just 12-of-33 (36%) throwing the football including two interceptions while his team converted a measly 3-of-11 (27%) on third down.

If he plans on knocking off the Patriots, both he and his football team have a long way to go to get there.

For now Luck is confident, and he thinks his team has a shot to be in the mix in 2015.

“I’d like to think that we can get better and improve on 2014,” said Luck. “That’s the goal for every team when hope springs eternal during the off-season. It’s everybody’s goal to go out and win the Super Bowl — I’d like to think we have a realistic chance. We certainly have the guys to get it done, the coaching staff and the support so that’s what we’re working for.”

Unfortunately the only problem if that happens is the road there may once again pass through Foxboro and after everything Brady’s been through this offseason, that’s certainly not going to help Luck’s chances.

- See more at: Colts Luck on the Patriots - "We'd Like to Dethrone Them" :New England Patriots Blog Patriots News Coverage Here at PatsFans.com

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck is the consummate professional. I can't bash him for being confident. I do not see the Colts as the main threat to the Pats. The Ravens are a dangerous team come playoff time. I would like to avoid them.... especially in their place.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen several sports writers picking the Colts to go all the way. I just don't see it. If they can't stop the run they can't stop anybody. The got lucky when they ran into a totally gassed Broncos team.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it happening with the Colts weak defense. Unless they can score 40 a game they won't get far in the playoffs.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just thought it was great "Bulletin Board" material for game 5 this season......

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just thought it was great "Bulletin Board" material for game 5 this season......

I don't really think more bulletin board material was needed for that game. They could cover a whole damn wall with all the Colts shit they have so far.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really think more bulletin board material was needed for that game. They could cover a whole damn wall with all the Colts shit they have so far.

Haha. Well said!

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it'll be more "bulletin-board/material" for the Pats to destroy these lil' whiney mutha fkkrs for what they caused since they got their asses kicked in January,...........*MM head-butts wall*...!

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it'll be more "bulletin-board/material" for the Pats to destroy these lil' whiney mutha fkkrs for what they caused since they got their asses kicked in January,...........*MM head-butts wall*...!

it will be a record setting game for the Pats..most yards and points in a single game.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be worse than the Bears-Redskins 73-0 game. Think the Patriots might be the first NFL team to crack the century mark?? Brady could a season's worth the stats in one game......

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see Gronk running over people and throwing people out of the club.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I don't see how this could really be bulletin board material. He realizes that for his team to be the best he has to beat the best and right now that is the Patriots. Obviously he is confident in his team as should be expected but I just don't see anything he said that would be a slight towards New England. If anything all he said was very complimentary in my book.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I don't see how this could really be bulletin board material. He realizes that for his team to be the best he has to beat the best and right now that is the Patriots. Obviously he is confident in his team as should be expected but I just don't see anything he said that would be a slight towards New England. If anything all he said was very complimentary in my book.

Exactly! Every team in the AFC knows that in order to get to the SB, there is a good chance you are going to have to play the Pats. If you haven't noticed there some highly sensitive Pats fans here. Some get their panties in bunch over absolutely nothing!

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

which is why I said this means nothing. The Pats have all the bulletin board material from deflategate and the Colts involvement.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh the Colts are stuck behind the Steelers and Ravens, as far as who is in line to try and knock off the champs IMO. Once Luck has to be resigned, it only gets worse.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask Rex Ryan how that's worked??

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly! Every team in the AFC knows that in order to get to the SB, there is a good chance you are going to have to play the Pats. If you haven't noticed there some highly sensitive Pats fans here. Some get their panties in bunch over absolutely nothing!
They really want to be offended.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck is the consummate professional. I can't bash him for being confident. I do not see the Colts as the main threat to the Pats. The Ravens are a dangerous team come playoff time. I would like to avoid them.... especially in their place.
Colts or Ravens - which team scares me the most.....

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just kidding when I suggested that Luck's afraid to play week 6. Now I'm not so sure.

Did anybody see him get injured?