• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LSU RB Guice post , then deletes, picture of him with new car

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you guys get scrub QB's, and maybe it's just they get overshadowed by all of the other talent at Bama, but it seems like for a school that recruits the best of the best you never have the best QB's.

Maybe perception, the system, lack of development. But I think it's not an unfair observation. And not to take anything away from all the QB's who have passed through. I mean, they've won a shit ton. Just seems like a Deshaun Watson, Cam Newton, Terrell Pryor, Andrew Luck would pass through once or twice.

Jalen Hurts was in the heisman running the majority of last year...as a true freshman. I don't think people actually understand that "true freshman" part. I don't give a shit how good your QB is, he wasn't out there making great reads as a true freshman, and probably not even as a redshirt QB. And yet, this kid took Alabama to the National Championship game.

AJ McCarron finished 2nd in the Heisman, and he never got respect because he was a "game manager".

So I really don't think it matters what the Alabama QB's do, people always find a way to shit on them. There is always some excuse, no matter what they do, how much they win or what they accomplish along the way. And the only thing that will ever count, is NFL career success.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on now. Saban isn't a stupid coach. In Jalen he's got a weapon. He's a smart kid a terrific athlete who can run and throw enough that you can't load the box. I'm guessing some of those 5* QBs could spread the field more than Jalen but you also might get turnovers and lose field position and Saban isn't comfortable with that. He feels Jalen gives him a better chance to control the game. Jalens not a scrub. He's just not an elite QB as you would describe elite QBs. He's just not that great of a passer yet. Maybe he will improve maybe next year he will be who knows but right now he's not.

^Just some shit you made up because you think it sounds good.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Haskins would get his opporunity he outperformed JT in the spring game and it aasn't close. He has a huge arm and he can run. If only Urbs would sit JT one game to sit what this Haskins kid can do and get him some valuable experience

You can't put much into spring games. The best player at UM's spring game was Brandon Peters. He is our 3rd string QB.

While I understand the frustration from OSU and UM with their QB's -- the head coaches wouldn't put out an inferior QB as their starter just because. I've watched OSU twice this year and even the announcers have said, the issue with OSU is, WR's not getting open. Herbstreit said it multiple times against OU. With UM -- Speight has just been flat out bad -- overthrowing multiple WR's a game, sailing throws, throwing pick six's, fumbling. Yet Harbaugh hasn't wavered.

Give it time -- Barrett is dealing with a new OC and new targets to trust. Same with Speight. He is throwing to all new targets. Hell, UM has ONE red zone TD in 11 chances this year. :lol:

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen Hurts is a superior athlete. He could probably be a great RB or receiver maybe a safety . He's a good enough QB for Alabama who is better at every other position than anyone they will play before the playoffs. But he's not a natural QB probably because he could beat you with his legs at every level he's played. He's never had to refine his passing skills. He seems like a good kid a team player and does what the coaches ask so no need to make a change but his average completion this season is going 3.1 yards in the air. Last season it was 5.2. By comparison Jake Coker was at 6.2 in the air per completion in 2015 and nobody was in love with his game. Good enough for Alabama but not an elite QB.

But at a team also talented like OSU, he'd still flourish and be a lot more efficient than JT is.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Coker ,AJ McCarron , Blake Sims, Greg McElroy say hi.

AJ was elite and Coker was a great QB, and only didn't get the starting job at FSU because of Winston. The other two are still better than most other QB's in the league.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But at a team also talented like OSU, he'd still flourish and be a lot more efficient than JT is.

JT hasn't progressed he's regressed. Maybe it's a confidence thing but his heads not right and his game has suffered. They might have to pull the plug on him.