• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Look who is a new member of Penn St Board of Trustees

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Paterno was a shitty football coach who climbed that ladder on his father's name.

I don't know his other attributes well enough to judge if he is worthy of this new position, but I'm not sure how opinions of his father or his associates should be any part of this discussion.

But I guess his name is Paterno so the apple doesn't fall far from the tree... amirite?
It's just a matter of being self aware. You wouldn't put the grandson of Hitler on the board of a Jewish charity, no matter how qualified he may be. The only reason he got to the position is because of his name.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just a matter of being self aware. You wouldn't put the grandson of Hitler on the board of a Jewish charity, no matter how qualified he may be. The only reason he got to the position is because of his name.

Hardly a valid equality... but I understand the point. He could be a great educator for all I know... I just know he couldn't coach football to save his life.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so basically your winging your bullshit

Less so than the rest in the thread.

exactly ZERO people have provided anything resembling evidence that JoePa did something wrong... yet since some at the university covered something up, he must have been the source because he ran the place.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess in his defense, 4 guys ran for 3 seats and the only one that didn't make it was the one who compared the NCAA sanctions to apartheid in South Africa. So no matter who got the last spot, it was going to be terrible. Having said that, it's still a dumb decision.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less so than the rest in the thread.

exactly ZERO people have provided anything resembling evidence that JoePa did something wrong... yet since some at the university covered something up, he must have been the source because he ran the place.
really its basic human decency. WHen you know someone is breaking the law, and defiling young children, and you turn the other cheek, its wrong period. If you dont think it is more power to you, but i think its disgusting

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really its basic human decency. WHen you know someone is breaking the law, and defiling young children, and you turn the other cheek, its wrong period. If you dont think it is more power to you, but i think its disgusting

Turning the issue over to the president of the university and the head of the university police == turning the other cheek?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turning the issue over to the president of the university and the head of the university police == turning the other cheek?

June 22, The jury finds Sandusky guilty of 45 out of 48 counts of sexual abuse. All committed while being paid by Penn State, many of the incidents happened on Penn State property. Many of the incidents happened after Joe Pa became aware that the guy was a pervert. Yeah, it wan't enough. Hey let's build them all statues.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
June 22, The jury finds Sandusky guilty of 45 out of 48 counts of sexual abuse. All committed while being paid by Penn State, many of the incidents happened on Penn State property. Many of the incidents happened after Joe Pa became aware that the guy was a pervert. Yeah, it wan't enough. Hey let's build them all statues.

If only they would have lit up the sky with the JoeBatPa signal, he could have stopped it.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only they would have lit up the sky with the JoeBatPa signal, he could have stopped it.

Nope . apparently he was blind as a bat. Couldn't see or turned away while Sandusky did his thing. You keep making fun of it and it's child r*pe. You're a sick dude.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My own opinion of Jay Paterno as a coach aside... what is wrong with this?

I love how people expected Joe to arrest, charge and prosecute one of his ex-assistants because he was told something bad went on in the locker room.

Joe Paterno: Football Coach.

Not: Police Officer
Not: Detective
Not: Lawyer

But continue with your hate... its not like he turned the issue over to the president of the university and head of the university police... oh wait...

Show us on the doll where Coach Sandusky touched you.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the part that gets me as much as anything, even after knowing what Sandusky did, he was still allowed to use the campus and it's facilities to "entertain" these kids.