• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Look who is a new member of Penn St Board of Trustees

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paterno knew about this shit in the 70's and told the kids to drop the allegations. Can't believe there are people who attempt to defend anything related to Joepa including his delusional son Jay who ran around making a mockery of the whole situation once it was released to the public. No telling how many boys were raped due to the lack of actions surrounding these sick fucks because of football.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...Paterno did know what McQueary told him and he followed University procedure. Curley says he talked to Paterno but he doesn't say Paterno told him to cover it up. The failure seems to be at the top. Joe Paterno admits he wished he had done more. But hindsight is 20/20. Even the police with it's power to investigate were fooled by Jerry Sandusky.

^^^This^^^

The other thing we don't know is whether or not JoePa ever checked back in to see what, if anything, was being done.

What we also don't know is, if he did check back in, what he was told.

So the question re: JoePa saying that he wished he had done more, imo is, did he wish he'd done more because he reported what he was told and then just left it to the higher ups to handle without ever checking back in? Or did he check back in, get told everything was being handled, only to find out later that it wasn't?

Something else that folks seem to forget is that McQueary, by his own admission, didn't tell JoePa what he actually saw. He reported "horseplay."

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paterno knew about this shit in the 70's and told the kids to drop the allegations. Can't believe there are people who attempt to defend anything related to Joepa including his delusional son Jay who ran around making a mockery of the whole situation once it was released to the public. No telling how many boys were raped due to the lack of actions surrounding these sick fucks because of football.

^^^This^^^

The other thing we don't know is whether or not JoePa ever checked back in to see what, if anything, was being done.

What we also don't know is, if he did check back in, what he was told.

So the question re: JoePa saying that he wished he had done more, imo is, did he wish he'd done more because he reported what he was told and then just left it to the higher ups to handle without ever checking back in? Or did he check back in, get told everything was being handled, only to find out later that it wasn't?

Something else that folks seem to forget is that McQueary, by his own admission, didn't tell JoePa what he actually saw. He reported "horseplay."

If the above is true where JoPa knew in the 70's then as soon as McQueary told Joe something was going, Joe knew exactly what it was. If true either he didnt check and is a dirtbag or he did check and with prior knowledge didnt care enough to make sure the rapist was turned in to the real police which makes him at minimum a dirtbag.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the above is true where JoPa knew in the 70's then as soon as McQueary told Joe something was going, Joe knew exactly what it was. If true either he didnt check and is a dirtbag or he did check and with prior knowledge didnt care enough to make sure the rapist was turned in to the real police which makes him at minimum a dirtbag.

To my knowledge, the only thing JoePa knew prior to McQueary going to him was that Sandusky had been accused, investigated and that nothing ever came of it, years before McQueary walked in on the incident he did. So, as far as JoePa knew, that original accusation, was a false accusation.

Also, as I mentioned, McQueary by his own admission, didn't tell JoePa what he saw. He gave a very watered down account. He also rushed out of the locker room to call his Daddy instead of putting a stop to it. I mean shit, slam a locker door shut, cough, something/anything to indicate someone else was in the locker room so Sandusky would stop.

I do agree, that if JoePa never went back to check on what was happening with that case, then he has some culpability. Not at the level that many want to assign to him, but definitely some culpability. This may be what he meant when he said he wished he'd done more.

However, if he did go back and check and was told that it was being handled and not to worry about it. I'm not sure what more he was supposed to do. This may also be what he was talking about.

There were people involved in this, all the way back to the original accusation where no charges were filed, who were far more culpable and had much more authority to put a stop to it (for example the DA from the first accusation who chose not to file charges)...yet it seems everyone wants to put it all on JoePa.

What I find interesting is that in all of this, JoePa was the only one who even acknowledged or seemed to show any remorse for his action or lack thereof, despite being the least culpable (based on what we actually know). Yet, he seems to be the one that most want to place the majority of the blame on.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To my knowledge, the only thing JoePa knew prior to McQueary going to him was that Sandusky had been accused, investigated and that nothing ever came of it, years before McQueary walked in on the incident he did. So, as far as JoePa knew, that original accusation, was a false accusation.

Also, as I mentioned, McQueary by his own admission, didn't tell JoePa what he saw. He gave a very watered down account. He also rushed out of the locker room to call his Daddy instead of putting a stop to it. I mean shit, slam a locker door shut, cough, something/anything to indicate someone else was in the locker room so Sandusky would stop.

I do agree, that if JoePa never went back to check on what was happening with that case, then he has some culpability. Not at the level that many want to assign to him, but definitely some culpability. This may be what he meant when he said he wished he'd done more.

However, if he did go back and check and was told that it was being handled and not to worry about it. I'm not sure what more he was supposed to do. This may also be what he was talking about.

There were people involved in this, all the way back to the original accusation where no charges were filed, who were far more culpable and had much more authority to put a stop to it (for example the DA from the first accusation who chose not to file charges)...yet it seems everyone wants to put it all on JoePa.

What I find interesting is that in all of this, JoePa was the only one who even acknowledged or seemed to show any remorse for his action or lack thereof, despite being the least culpable (based on what we actually know). Yet, he seems to be the one that most want to place the majority of the blame on.
In before some says that McQueery was bribed or threatened to say that he gave a watered down version of what happened.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont think Joe deserves all the blame, others deserve more and should go to jail. Joe did what was required. However as far as we know that is all he did. With who he was on that campus he had a much great responsibility as a human being. For not doing what he should he is a dirtbag IMO. The fact that PSU honored him this past year is disgusting and I will think they are also disgusting forever. I would rather MI win a football game than PSU.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather MI win a football game than PSU.

Damn. That's harsh. lol

Seriously though, I don't know what more he could have done once he did what was required. Sometimes there just isn't any more that someone can do, even if they are of JoePa's stature. It's not like he can speak out about what was supposed to be an ongoing investigation.

My question about it is...did he ever check into it or did he just report it and forget about it? If he just reported it and forgot about it, then I agree with you. If he did check on the progress and was lied to, I can't really put that on him.

Sadly, it's unlikely we'll ever know. I agree about them honoring him. It's too early, emotions over it are still too raw and there is still too much we don't know re: JoePa's actions. I don't know if it'll ever not be too soon. But I know that any time recently is too soon.