• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Look who is a new member of Penn St Board of Trustees

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know Sandusky was given an office in the Lasch building right? It has showers for the coaches.

and the reports of incidents were at multiple campuses...

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the reports of incidents were at multiple campuses...

That just makes it worse. But he had an office and access to the showers in the the Lasch building and there were reports of him there naked with kids. You saying that he was doing it in other places doesn't make you look better

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and that is just one of the reported places.
Yep, happened right under Joe Pa and several other University employees noses. School pride over human decency.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That just makes it worse. But he had an office and access to the showers in the the Lasch building and there were reports of him there naked with kids. You saying that he was doing it in other places doesn't make you look better

thats what I'm worried about...

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, happened right under Joe Pa and several other University employees noses. School pride over human decency.

Ah, so the proximity to JoePa means something... Maybe he isn't batman, but daredevil and should have heard what was going on if it was in the same fucking giant building as him.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know that.
It's in the court reports. University employees (mainly the former AD, former Pres. and vice Pres.) are still being prosecuted for not doing enough to stop it and have testified against each other that they basically were covering it up and Joe Pa was "well aware" of what was going on and they still gave Sandusky an office and full access to facilities that he used ****** even more kids.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get all the anger directed at Joe Pa. The question I have is why is no one angry at Mike McQueary or the janitor who supposedly saw these boys being assaulted and walked out of the room. And did nothing to help them.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get all the anger directed at Joe Pa. The question I have is why is no one angry at Mike McQueary or the janitor who supposedly saw these boys being assaulted and walked out of the room. And did nothing to help them.

not sure how you see it and don't stop it.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's in the court reports. University employees (mainly the former AD, former Pres. and vice Pres.) are still being prosecuted for not doing enough to stop it and have testified against each other that they basically were covering it up and Joe Pa was "well aware" of what was going on and they still gave Sandusky an office and full access to facilities that he used ****** even more kids.

Well there are conflicting stories. The way I understand it is Paterno knew of the police investigation of Sandusjy showering with boys in 1988 but no accusations of sexual abuse. And then whatever McQueary told Paterno.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, so the proximity to JoePa means something... Maybe he isn't batman, but daredevil and should have heard what was going on if it was in the same fucking giant building as him.
I guess it takes Batman to be a decent human being.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its actually similar to the Boston Red Sox case that was disclosed after Penn State. Where it was clear several players and management knew this disturbing behavior was occurring. Jim Rice as well as other players would warn the kids but should have done more. The sad part is Fitzpatrick walked away without jail time..Which is disgusting. Paying settlements doesn't give these kids their lives back.

Penn State scandal similar to Boston Red Sox clubhouse manager molestation of Black boys

’90s Red Sox sexual abuse case rekindled

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really this simple. Forget Freeh and his conclusions. Forget the apologists. Just follow the evidence:

2/10/01 - MM reports something disturbing to JVP. Won't argue about what was said exactly, but JVP testified before the GJ that it was something of a "sexual nature". He also testified that this is what he told Curley.
2/11/01 - Paterno informs Curley of meeting with MM, waited a day so as not to ruin everyone's weekend.
2/12/01 - Curley, Schultz and Spanier meet and formulate a plan - part one of the plan was to review the 1998 incident; then, Curley was to advise JVP that TMC was going to meet with JS on Friday (the 16th). If JS did not confess, they were going to inform DPW.

<interjection - at this point, they had not spoken to MM. Why would they think that a lack of confession would necessitate that they inform DPW if JVP had not told them that something sexual had taken place?>

Some time after this (Schultz' estimate is 7-10 days, so it is between 2/19 and 2/22/01, Curley and Schultz meet with McQueary.

2/25/01 Plan is to tell DPW, the chair of 2nd mile and tell JS not to bring any children to Lasch

<interjection - this was AFTER they met with MM - the plan had not changed, so whatever MM told JVP who told TMC was consistent with what MM told TMC/Schultz>

2/26/01 email from Schultz to Curley confirms plan from handwritten notes on the 25th

2/26/01 Curley has discussion with JVP about the plan <base on Curley's email after that meeting it is unreasonable to conclude that they discussed anything else>

2/27/01 Curley emails Schultz and says "After giving it more thought and talking it over with Joe yesterday, I am uncomfortable with what we agreed were the next steps; I am having trouble with going to everyone, but the person involved." Without quoting the rest, Curley wants to talk to Sandusky. Schultz says this is ok, actually expressing his admiration for Curley's willingness to do this and that it was the "humane" thing to do. Spanier agreed and states that 'The only downside for us is if the message isn't "heard" and acted upon and and we then become vulnerable for not having reported it."

Some have argued that MM was unclear in what he told JVP. Whatever he told JVP which was then conveyed to Curley, it was clear enough that if JS didn't confess when confronted they were going to call DPW before they ever spoke to MM.

If Schultz and Curley were never told it was sexual by JVP, why would they plan on reporting the incident to DPW? Report what?

If Schultz and Curley were never told it was sexual by MM, why would they continue to plan on reporting the incident to DPW? Report what?

Schultz testified 10 years later at his preliminary hearing that he believed it had been reported to DPW. If they did not hear that anything sexual had taken place, what did he believe was reported?

I took these notes straight from the preliminary hearing transcript and the evidence exhibits in the Freeh report, not from its conclusions.

Based on this reading of the evidence, it is clear the 5 of them knew something reportable had happened that night. It is also clear that at least 4 of them decided not to report it even though they knew they should and there would be a problem if not reporting ever came to light. To argue otherwise is simply to ignore the plain facts.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really this simple. Forget Freeh and his conclusions. Forget the apologists. Just follow the evidence:

2/10/01 - MM reports something disturbing to JVP. Won't argue about what was said exactly, but JVP testified before the GJ that it was something of a "sexual nature". He also testified that this is what he told Curley.
2/11/01 - Paterno informs Curley of meeting with MM, waited a day so as not to ruin everyone's weekend.
2/12/01 - Curley, Schultz and Spanier meet and formulate a plan - part one of the plan was to review the 1998 incident; then, Curley was to advise JVP that TMC was going to meet with JS on Friday (the 16th). If JS did not confess, they were going to inform DPW.

<interjection - at this point, they had not spoken to MM. Why would they think that a lack of confession would necessitate that they inform DPW if JVP had not told them that something sexual had taken place?>

Some time after this (Schultz' estimate is 7-10 days, so it is between 2/19 and 2/22/01, Curley and Schultz meet with McQueary.

2/25/01 Plan is to tell DPW, the chair of 2nd mile and tell JS not to bring any children to Lasch

<interjection - this was AFTER they met with MM - the plan had not changed, so whatever MM told JVP who told TMC was consistent with what MM told TMC/Schultz>

2/26/01 email from Schultz to Curley confirms plan from handwritten notes on the 25th

2/26/01 Curley has discussion with JVP about the plan <base on Curley's email after that meeting it is unreasonable to conclude that they discussed anything else>

2/27/01 Curley emails Schultz and says "After giving it more thought and talking it over with Joe yesterday, I am uncomfortable with what we agreed were the next steps; I am having trouble with going to everyone, but the person involved." Without quoting the rest, Curley wants to talk to Sandusky. Schultz says this is ok, actually expressing his admiration for Curley's willingness to do this and that it was the "humane" thing to do. Spanier agreed and states that 'The only downside for us is if the message isn't "heard" and acted upon and and we then become vulnerable for not having reported it."

Some have argued that MM was unclear in what he told JVP. Whatever he told JVP which was then conveyed to Curley, it was clear enough that if JS didn't confess when confronted they were going to call DPW before they ever spoke to MM.

If Schultz and Curley were never told it was sexual by JVP, why would they plan on reporting the incident to DPW? Report what?

If Schultz and Curley were never told it was sexual by MM, why would they continue to plan on reporting the incident to DPW? Report what?

Schultz testified 10 years later at his preliminary hearing that he believed it had been reported to DPW. If they did not hear that anything sexual had taken place, what did he believe was reported?

I took these notes straight from the preliminary hearing transcript and the evidence exhibits in the Freeh report, not from its conclusions.

Based on this reading of the evidence, it is clear the 5 of them knew something reportable had happened that night. It is also clear that at least 4 of them decided not to report it even though they knew they should and there would be a problem if not reporting ever came to light. To argue otherwise is simply to ignore the plain facts.

Yes...Paterno did know what McQueary told him and he followed University procedure. Curley says he talked to Paterno but he doesn't say Paterno told him to cover it up. The failure seems to be at the top. Joe Paterno admits he wished he had done more. But hindsight is 20/20. Even the police with it's power to investigate were fooled by Jerry Sandusky.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...Paterno did know what McQueary told him and he followed University procedure. Curley says he talked to Paterno but he doesn't say Paterno told him to cover it up. The failure seems to be at the top. Joe Paterno admits he wished he had done more. But hindsight is 20/20. Even the police with it's power to investigate were fooled by Jerry Sandusky.
JoPa was the leader on the campus. He did nothing to follow up and find out if that child in the shower was ok or not. He failed. He ignored a kid on his campus being molested. This was not the first time he heard anything about JS. He chose to do the bare minimum. He had much more responsibility as a human being and the leader on that campus to do more.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. They were going to report it based on what Paterno told them before they ever talked to McQueary. It is total BS that Paterno, Schultz, Spanier and Curley were unclear on what McQueary thought happened.

McQueary is the biggest POS in all of that because he abandoned that kid, but it is fantasy to believe that Curley decided on his own with no prodding from Paterno not to report to CPS.

Four PSU officials - 2 pled guilty, 1 was convicted, and 1 died. The dead one was as guilty as those still living.