• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Lions vs Vikings

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question....

What comes out flatter?

A) A 10 year old, 2 liter of pepsi that fell down a mountain.
B) A penny that has been placed on railroad tracks and run over by a train.
C) A Jim Caldwell led football team on national television.

For a minute I thought you might have been a politician or movie star? That flat ten year old thing and all.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game was easily winnable. Fells drops 2 TD passes and costs us 8 points. He catches like he does not have fingers. Staff overthrows an easy TD he could have ephused and still completed costing another 4. Thats 12 points right off the top. Cant blow those kind of opportunities and expect to beat top teams.

As far as the rest it is the same old same old. Tiny Hands needs to pistol whipped and put on IR and released next year. Caldwell continues to be a stubborn old fool. He wont play rookies unless he has no choice. He also waits until we are down 2 scores before going to an NFL game plan. Hopefully BQ shows him the door (or at least moves him somewhere else in the organization) and brings in McHoody next year. This will at least give Cooter a chance to develop into a real OC.

Other items. We need a lot in our front 7 on Defense. We have 2 guys that are real starters. The other 5 are backups. Our secondary is plenty good enough. We need a Center. I have been saying it for a long time now. And like many have said already, I am not sold on Glasgow. I think we overpaid for Lang for what he has done for us so far. Decker is not in game shape yet but he will get there. We need a legit TE. Our WRs are fine but Caldwell refuses to play Golladay more. Dude is clearly our No 1. MJ is also staring to look better. Tate is a good slot guy. TJJ is a good backup.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to wonder if Caldwell's "even temperament" is the cause behind these painfully slow starts. I never see the Lions all fired up before kick off.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waz nailed this one. Staff was off all day. He's the one guy on the field who needs to gear down. Not sure if he's capable of it.

Reading this thread in the evening is always entertaining. Gandy nailed it as well. Fans always expect perfection.....and Caldwell is a dumbass. Better than Schwantz, but still a dumbass. Obviously he hasn't figured out that a penalty stops the clock.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waz nailed this one. Staff was off all day. He's the one guy on the field who needs to gear down. Not sure if he's capable of it.

Reading this thread in the evening is always entertaining. Gandy nailed it as well. Fans always expect perfection.....and Caldwell is a dumbass. Better than Schwantz, but still a dumbass. Obviously he hasn't figured out that a penalty stops the clock.

You could probably hear my face palm from a mile away. At least he was smart enough to decline the penalty. I will give him that crumb anyway. The rest of his performance is detestable. The only saving grace is we were not winning once Staff got hurt. No way Caldwell would sit him either.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Starting to wonder if Caldwell's "even temperament" is the cause behind these painfully slow starts. I never see the Lions all fired up before kick off.

Looking at the good and bad of Schwartz who I’m not a fan of as a HC. He however had his team loose before the game, too loose to a fault. Caldwell goes the oppo too the extreme. They both are terrible at in game awareness.

I expect BQ to look for another leader after this late season collapse that’s upon us. Titled Chapter 5 Caldwell Can’t Close.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caldwell is basically Wayne Fontes. Does just enough not to get fired but will never take you to the next level.