• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions talking to Tom Cable

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True story: TWICE in the last 10 days some guy called up our local radio station 97.1 and said Tom Cable should be the Lions next HC, and went on and on - having to basically be cut off both times. Then this false report comes up. Tom Cable agent throwing smoke around to get his guys name out there? Has to be.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even the Lions aren't this stupid.

...are they?

Already been debunked as false. Both Lovie Smith w Leslie Frazier as his DC and Jeff Tedford as his OC and Jim Caldwell officially interviewing w Lions.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unger has performed at a reduced level compared to last year. I expected someone to mention being a pro bowler as a prerequisite to playing at a high level. For me, it is hard to notice a drop off when Jean Pierre is in.
Regarding Okung, without looking it up he plays about 10 games per year due to injury. He was a TC holdout for the big bucks and he isn't worth the cap hit based on that alone.
Apparently you disagree that OL is our weak link. I have no problem with a differing view.
When Unger was out early this season I noticed a pretty substantial dropoff with LJP in there. I don't disagree that Oline is our weakest link, but I think we have bigger fish to fry on the line than looking for replacements for our C and LT.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Unger was out early this season I noticed a pretty substantial dropoff with LJP in there. I don't disagree that Oline is our weakest link, but I think we have bigger fish to fry on the line than looking for replacements for our C and LT.

Maybe I wasn't clear. I never said we need to replace our C and LT ASAP. The entire line has underperformed compared to the rest of our team.
My point was we have invested quite a bit (2 1st, 1 2nd, and a 3rd) in the last 4 years and it is our weakest link. I have been unimpressed with most of them. I dare say not one position has been invested so heavily as our OL and we are , IMO below average as a unit.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I wasn't clear. I never said we need to replace our C and LT ASAP. The entire line has underperformed compared to the rest of our team.
My point was we have invested quite a bit (2 1st, 1 2nd, and a 3rd) in the last 4 years and it is our weakest link. I have been unimpressed with most of them. I dare say not one position has been invested so heavily as our OL and we are , IMO below average as a unit.
True, I guess I just have the idea that finding great Olinemen is harder than it seems from the years and years it took us to find even serviceable ones, so I have more patience when it comes to letting them work. It would be nice to have a few guys who are known for being consistently dominant, but the Walter Jones types don't come around all that often.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your on the money Uhsplit. Frankly given what the Seahawks have invested, this ( the OL) unit has been the biggest disappointment. I do expect that the Seahawks will address this in the draft, hopefully with better results.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already been debunked as false. Both Lovie Smith w Leslie Frazier as his DC and Jeff Tedford as his OC and Jim Caldwell officially interviewing w Lions.

I guess Lovie isn't joining the Lions , because he's now HC of the Bucs.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks have gone through three head coaches (I'm counting the end of the Holmgren/Ruskell era) and two GMs and none of those guys has been able to fully replace the best offensive line the team has ever had. Not to this point, anyway. Ever since Hutch left for Minnesota, it's been mostly downhill from there for this unit. It's the curse of Hutchinson.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just a note, but IIRC Unger was out when both our starting T's were out. I would guess the dropoff was more due to that than JP.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a note, but IIRC Unger was out when both our starting T's were out. I would guess the dropoff was more due to that than JP.
Could be, but there was also a lot of talk about missing Unger's calls on the line at that time. LJP is a backup for a reason and it's reasonable to expect dropoff when any starter goes down.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions did contact Seattle but not for Cable. My guess they were looking to talk to Quinn.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions did contact Seattle but not for Cable. My guess they were looking to talk to Quinn.

I heard today they called for Cable, but not for the head coaching job

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, things could be worse. We could have Green Bay's oline. Those guys are getting absolutely embarrassed right now