• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions talking to Tom Cable

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cable is known to be kinda,well tough lol.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is picking off all of our coaches. :laugh3:

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is picking off all of our coaches. :laugh3:

Just wait til they start going for the players yah know the ones many say they hate but if they get them that will change,i hope it is few.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO. The Lions have a team of thugs thanks to Schwartz and now they want to go to Cable? Have fun with that on Detroit, it's your funeral.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wait til they start going for the players yah know the ones many say they hate but if they get them that will change,i hope it is few.

I fully expected it. Especially at secondary.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cable to the D is laughable. The GM in the press conference said that there needs to be a culture change. I'm pretty positive you would be exchanging one undisciplined blowhard for another if they are serious about Cable. That team needs a coach that is smart, is a stickler for details, and is unapologetic in his methods to clean up how that football team performs. The PF, the stupid turnovers on offense, the lack of a true team identity should be unacceptable and the new coach needs to hold the players accountable for the stupidity.

Just imagine if the D gets their head out of their respective asses. That team is certainly not lacking for talent.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Happens to ALL good teams. Any player on a winning squad that tests FA will be overpaid by some pretender or perennial cellar dweller hoping that winning rubs off of said player and spreads through osmosis in the locker room for about 10 mil more then any team would be willing to pony up.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cable was a big flop at Oakland

Not true at all. His last season they were 8-8 and he was the steadying influence. But his personality was perfect for that team. He was unapologetic in the fact that OAK led the league in penalties each season but the team played HARD for him. There wasn't a ton of talent in OAK and I thought 8-8 was actually overachieving at the time. Was surprised when they let him go.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with dred on this one. Cable was more than capable as a head coach in Oakland. He took a team that was 1-3 after having 5 11 lose (or more) seasons in a row and in less than 3 years had them 8-8 with Jason Campbell at QB and with their top runner missing 3 games. My only question is that Cable really doesn't fit the offense they've built there, as he's always been about running the ball and Detroit doesn't have the personnel.

If he goes, I wish him all the luck.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the Oline hasn't always been perfect here, I kinda hope Cable stays. I like the grit and attitude he gives the guys who are supposed to play with it. Leave the calm demeanor to Russell Wilson and let guys like Breno grind defenders into the turf.

I guess I just don't like the idea of too much instability going on around this team when we've finally created a culture of winning. To a Seattle sports fan that is a very fragile existence. Always walking on eggshells, wondering when the roof comes crashing in.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the Oline hasn't always been perfect here, I kinda hope Cable stays. I like the grit and attitude he gives the guys who are supposed to play with it. Leave the calm demeanor to Russell Wilson and let guys like Breno grind defenders into the turf.

I guess I just don't like the idea of too much instability going on around this team when we've finally created a culture of winning. To a Seattle sports fan that is a very fragile existence. Always walking on eggshells, wondering when the roof comes crashing in.

:agree:

I think Cable has done an amazing job the the scrubs on the O-line that we've had these past couple of years (not talking about Okung and Unger of course).

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cable is a great coach. I just think that if he were to become a HC, it would have to be with a team that would share his grit and grimy style. In other words, teams like Dallas and Detroit, who desperately need discipline, need not apply.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

I think Cable has done an amazing job the the scrubs on the O-line that we've had these past couple of years (not talking about Okung and Unger of course).

I agree they are scrubs for the most part but our OL consists of oft injured 1st rounder Okung @ LT, ineffective 1st rounder Carp @LG, underperformer 2nd rounder Unger @ C, wasted 3rd Rounder Moffit who was replaced by marginal player Sweezy @ RG, and a FA @ RT.
My understanding was it was Cable who wanted Carp and Moffit.
I am a Hawk homer but I say the OL is now our weakest link.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree they are scrubs for the most part but our OL consists of oft injured 1st rounder Okung @ LT, ineffective 1st rounder Carp @LG, underperformer 2nd rounder Unger @ C, wasted 3rd Rounder Moffit who was replaced by marginal player Sweezy @ RG, and a FA @ RT.
This isn't 2011 anymore. Those guys are Pro-Bowlers. You're severely downplaying their current ability in my opinion. 2 guys can't be an entire Oline, so yeah, some other spots need to be upgraded, but let's not pretend like Okung and Unger are the weak links.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's hard for me to think of Unger as an "underperformer" given that he's been voted to the Pro Bowl twice and was an all-pro last year.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unger has performed at a reduced level compared to last year. I expected someone to mention being a pro bowler as a prerequisite to playing at a high level. For me, it is hard to notice a drop off when Jean Pierre is in.
Regarding Okung, without looking it up he plays about 10 games per year due to injury. He was a TC holdout for the big bucks and he isn't worth the cap hit based on that alone.
Apparently you disagree that OL is our weak link. I have no problem with a differing view.