• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Lions @ Steelers

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as Goff sucks, do you want the Lions to pull a 2020 Jets move and lose out on the No. 1 overall pick ? It's more than likely going to be Thibodeaux as it stands right now outside of some catastrophic injury.

BTW, I'm not for losing. but if it happens naturally then so be it.
It was nice to see the Lions trying this week, after the Eagles game it was likely the team had just checked out.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need at least 2 playmakers on each side. A QB and WR on offense and a LB or DB and DL on defense. Our RBs and O-line are pretty good but we need another backup inside guy. I think next year we will at least be competitive if we have a different QB but you are probably correct we are 2 years away from thinking about playoffs.

Sans starting OL, we could use any player at any position that's worth their salt for whichever draft slot comes up.

Swift isn't looking like an in-between-the-tackle runner but it's 1st game having Decker back.

We definitely need a swing OT to replace Nelson and they'd better re-sign Evan Brown before the season ends even though he's considered a back-up center.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions entered the season with the understanding they had the worst WR in the league by a large margin, and then they still got crushed by injuries. St.Brown is the only guy that I think has a chance to be on the team long term.

Cephus is worthy of keeping around as a WR4 or more than likely WR5 until he shows/proves otherwise. TBH, they need to sign or draft 3 WR this upcoming off-season but there are so many needs that they'll have to attempt to add quality players at Edge, LB, Safety, WR and maybe 3rd day OL, TE, CB/S through this draft.

I don't want to see any major signing of an upcoming UFA in 2022. They scroll through the heap just like they did this last spring. If the team improves significantly in 2022 then and only then should they be open to signing a Tier 1 or Tier 2 UFA, imo.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was nice to see the Lions trying this week, after the Eagles game it was likely the team had just checked out.

TBH, I didn't afford myself the luxury of watching yesterday's game. My hot water heater decided it was time to lay her to rest sometime overnight Saturday into early morning Sunday. I spent the better part of mid-day replacing it myself.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cephus is worthy of keeping around as a WR4 or more than likely WR5 until he shows/proves otherwise. TBH, they need to sign or draft 3 WR this upcoming off-season but there are so many needs that they'll have to attempt to add quality players at Edge, LB, Safety, WR and maybe 3rd day OL, TE, CB/S through this draft.

I don't want to see any major signing of an upcoming UFA in 2022. They scroll through the heap just like they did this last spring. If the team improves significantly in 2022 then and only then should they be open to signing a Tier 1 or Tier 2 UFA, imo.
I agree on not spending money, look for gems and draft well, spend once you are closer to competitive.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH, I didn't afford myself the luxury of watching yesterday's game. My hot water heater decided it was time to lay her to rest sometime overnight Saturday into early morning Sunday. I spent the better part of mid-day replacing it myself.
I watched the 1st half. After that I was working on getting this guy settled in.20211114_193307.jpg

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on not spending money, look for gems and draft well, spend once you are closer to competitive.

There isn't one damn CFB QB worthy of spending any pick on the 1st day next year yet alone day 2.

Holmes might want to attempt to pick up a couple early day 3 picks somehow (depending on how the board looks on those day 2 picks or quite possibly that 1st round of Rams pick, but not to sacrifice getting an extra pick somewhere if there's a quality player that projects as a starter.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't one damn CFB QB worthy of spending any pick on the 1st day next year yet alone day 2.

Holmes might want to attempt to pick up a couple early day 3 picks somehow (depending on how the board looks on those day 2 picks or quite possibly that 1st round of Rams pick, but not to sacrifice getting an extra pick somewhere if there's a quality player that projects as a starter.
This draft is a huge test for me coming up, if Lions waste their 1 pick on a QB from this draft it shows they are not really focused on competing in the long run. Every "elite" QB has disappointed in CFB this year.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the 1st half. After that I was working on getting this guy settled in.View attachment 283164

What breed is he or she ? Pretty chill puppy.

That was me after 5 hours of chasing someone down to drive me to Lowe's to pick up and then install that damn water heater.

I did check in on the game with scoreboard at 4:49 left in regulation and that was the only time until after the OT and I was finished.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What breed is he or she ? Pretty chill puppy.

That was me after 5 hours of chasing someone down to drive me to Lowe's to pick up and then install that damn water heater.

I did check in on the game with scoreboard at 4:49 left in regulation and that was the only time until after the OT and I was finished.
Purebred Border Collie, it looks chill there, but that dog goes at an insane level of activity for an hour, then naps for 30 minutes.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This draft is a huge test for me coming up, if Lions waste their 1 pick on a QB from this draft it shows they are not really focused on competing in the long run. Every "elite" QB has disappointed in CFB this year.

I'm glad you were using the "pundits" quotation of "elite" CFB QB because there isn't a damn one this year. Corral is my favorite but I wouldn't risk the pick.

I do like the idea of @Old Lion and your possibility pick of Zappe but not until sometime day 3 if he is available - and Holmes is going to have to come up with an early day 3 pick somehow.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purebred Border Collie, it looks chill there, but that dog goes at an insane level of activity for an hour, then naps for 30 minutes.

Going to make you feel like a grandpa pretty soon with all that energy the puppy has.

Don't you have twins around age 8, 9 or 10 ? That's got to be exhausting also and at the same time fulfilling.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad you were using the "pundits" quotation of "elite" CFB QB because there isn't a damn one this year. Corral is my favorite but I wouldn't risk the pick.

I do like the idea of @Old Lion and your possibility pick of Zappe but not until sometime day 3 if he is available - and Holmes is going to have to come up with an early day 3 pick somehow.
Zappe was an old Lion find, I just jumped on board. I would be ok with the Galloday comp pick on Zappe.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to make you feel like a grandpa pretty soon with all that energy the puppy has.

Don't you have twins around age 8, 9 or 10 ? That's got to be exhausting also and at the same time fulfilling.
Just one daughter. I already have a collie mix, but I am up to 6 walks a day with each now. Together when the new one gets trained up.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I saw on Red Zone the Lions D stepped up. This was an 0-8 team that went into Pittsburgh and came away with a tie. Seems a lot of people will be talking about how poorly the Steelers played vs how well the Lions played. My wife and I were hoping foe the W they should have won IMO.

Swift seems like a decent back, not sure why Hockenson isn't or wasn't targeted more is he injured? Looks like WR will be a draft need???

Lions entered the season with the understanding they had the worst WR in the league by a large margin, and then they still got crushed by injuries. St.Brown is the only guy that I think has a chance to be on the team long term.
Well that lat least answers my question.

What does the Lions cap space look like? I see more value in trading the #1 pick if it comes down to it. Pick up a good FA Vet WR, draft a WR early, pick up a FA Vet QB for competition trade that #1 for draft capital

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that lat least answers my question.

What does the Lions cap space look like? I see more value in trading the #1 pick if it comes down to it. Pick up a good FA Vet WR, draft a WR early, pick up a FA Vet QB for competition trade that #1 for draft capital
As it stands right now I think Lions would have around 41 million in cap next year? That does not include an resignings or draft cap holds.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it stands right now I think Lions would have around 41 million in cap next year? That does not include an resignings or draft cap holds.
So in all honesty they could make some solid moves to improve the team. I think it would be wise not to hurry it, not try to make it happen in one year.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in all honesty they could make some solid moves to improve the team. I think it would be wise not to hurry it, not try to make it happen in one year.
I agree on taking their time. I know Goff has been beyond terrible, but next year his dead cap of 30 million matches his salary. I would rather ride with known trash for a year while you add the tools to help a talented QB be successful. Cut him the following year where you recoup 20-25 in salary cap.

This year D stud with the 1, and a WR with the late second or early first. Next year QB with the top 5 and another wr with the first.

That way incoming rookie has Hockensen in his prime, to 1st round WR and St. Brown.Cephus making a decent WR group, and an Oline that has gelled and could be truly elite. That rookie QB has everything his needs to help him be successful.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on taking their time. I know Goff has been beyond terrible, but next year his dead cap of 30 million matches his salary. I would rather ride with known trash for a year while you add the tools to help a talented QB be successful. Cut him the following year where you recoup 20-25 in salary cap.

This year D stud with the 1, and a WR with the late second or early first. Next year QB with the top 5 and another wr with the first.

That way incoming rookie has Hockensen in his prime, to 1st round WR and St. Brown.Cephus making a decent WR group, and an Oline that has gelled and could be truly elite. That rookie QB has everything his needs to help him be successful.
I agree shore up he offensive weapons year one, Again I like a Vet and Rook combo. Get one or two defensive positions of need or Oline. Get what you can out out Goff and address QB year two or through FA

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saints will overreach for him most likely so he wont be available that late. Maybe late day 2