• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LIONS FIRE SCHWARTZ OFFICIALLY

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it that LeShoure is viewed as less than Bell anyway? Is it the .2 YPC difference? I don't get it. Bell drops passes and fumbles at a pretty good clip. He's no Reggie Bush in either department, but he sure leaves me hoping the next regime doesn't want him to be all that involved in the offense.

Not sure. For whatever reason -- LeShoure completely fell out of favor with the Schwartz coaching staff. LeShoure wasn't even 3rd string this year -- if i'm not mistaken, he rarely dressed. So he must have done something to get in the dog house like he was this past year.

Who knows -- Maybe with him basically having a full year off -- he will come back rejuvenated and can help out somewhere. Whether it be short yardage or goal line. Hell -- I'd love to see anyone that can hold onto the ball in the backfield.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure how many games he actually dressed. But he only carried the ball twice all year. In a road win at Cleveland. Kinda really seriously pissed me off to be honest. Every time Bell/Bush fumbled/dropped the ball it only kinda really seriously pissed me off more.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Sparty for the 100th Rose Bowl Victory......Somehow Dantonio gets the best out of his players.

His stock should be rising in coming days.

Is he as content as Izzo is?

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Dantonios win today in the Rose Bowl, We couldn't do worse then him.......I know this sounds stupid......But Dang, That defense has been impressive for a few years now.......

I voted Wisenhut, but Dantonio for the Defense if he can get the Lions D to play like the Sparty D......

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey RobBase. I sort of figured this was going to happen sooner rather than later for you guys. I sensed ever since the Harbaugh incident that Schwartz' days were numbered. I never thought much of the guy especially having Linehan as his OC. After all of his initial promises when he took the job seem to dissipate, I knew he was not going to go anywhere significant with the Lions.

Lets hope the Lions finally get a head coach that can put together a strategy to get you guys to the bowl. Like the Rams, so many wasted drafts in Detroit. I hope things turn around for you guys. I'll be see 'ya on the boards.

After Dantonios win today in the Rose Bowl, We couldn't do worse then him.......I know this sounds stupid......But Dang, That defense has been impressive for a few years now.......

I voted Wisenhut, but Dantonio for the Defense if he can get the Lions D to play like the Sparty D......

He's not leaving MSU to be a DC. He'll land a high profile NCAA gig this time next year if MSU stays on top and they should. No to Lions HC and no to Brian Kelly omg please not Brian Kelly.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiz HC
Ray DC
??? OC

I do like Ray Horton but I don't know how we have the guys to run a 3-4. We really don't. Mayhew wanted Lovie. His press conference was so obvious. We might be fucked.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like Ray Horton but I don't know how we have the guys to run a 3-4. We really don't. Mayhew wanted Lovie. His press conference was so obvious. We might be fucked.

Horton is a genius. He is not tied to the 3-4 necessarily. Look at the pile of monkey crap he had to work with in Cleveland (other than Joe Haden). They were a good defense especially early in the year. They had depth issues later on though.

Whoever the OC is would probably end up being Wiz's puppet so I am not as concerned about that.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the OC will be a glorified QB coach given a position title to hire them away from another team. That is if the Lions hire a Whisenhut or Jay Gruden offensive guy. They will in effect be HC and OC,

Whiz HC
Horton DC
Norv Turner OC

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the OC will be a glorified QB coach given a position title to hire them away from another team. That is if the Lions hire a Whisenhut or Jay Gruden offensive guy. They will in effect be HC and OC,

Whiz HC
Horton DC
Norv Turner OC

Gay Kubiak instead of Turner would work well too.