• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LIONS FIRE SCHWARTZ OFFICIALLY

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking Whisenhut would find a coordinator to make the 4-3 work, but going to the 3-4 isn't a deal breaker for me, I think the Lions could be due for a change.

Fairley as Nose, Suh at one End, Ansah at the other

Why fix what isn't broken though? Lions get a CB or two, one more LB and the D is set. If Wis is the guy, I wonder if he'd keep Gunny and focus on the O.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see tp is already dropping down the law that no one can say anything negative on here anymore even though the lions disappointed again, he can say negative things about schwartz, but we arent allowed to have a negative opinion about anyone unless he does. This got old a long time ago. You would think finishing the season 1-6 and with a losing record would mean the lions have more problems than just the coaching staff, but I guess not.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a snippet from this morning's Mlive story on our o-line coach:

Raiola was the NFL's best center, according to ProFootballFocus. Rookie Larry Warford is the second-best right guard, and is one of just two full-time guards to not allow a sack all season.

Didn't realize Riaola graded out as the best center in the league... definitely adds some credibility to my assertion, imo.

Now let's see TrustMe explain how and why he knows better than PFF, and that Riaola was "maybe a top 10 center, but certainly not top 5, and calling him THE best is going overboard."

I might have even just saved him the trouble of having to post...

I'm not going to pretend that I break down game film of the OL but I've never understood all of the Dom hate on this board aside from the fact that he acts like a tool at times. The guy seems to be at least an adequate center.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lovie would be a great choice. I can do without Tampa 2 defense though

Do we know for sure he's bringing the Tampa 2 with him? Maybe he's taken this year to change up his D?

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to pretend that I break down game film of the OL but I've never understood all of the Dom hate on this board aside from the fact that he acts like a tool at times. The guy seems to be at least an adequate center.

Its because hes a huge dickhole and until this season underperformed poorly forever.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Watch him play. If he's not being pushed backwards into the QB, he's standing around looking for someone to block because everyone has run around him. There's a reason he makes the league minimum 900k on a 1 year deal and it's not because he's the best C in the NFL.

Adequate is his ceiling, and he gets the heat he gets because he's basically the last guy left over from Millen other than Calvin, and we haven't had a running game since he's been here. Hooray, Reggie Bush got 1000 yards. I know. You weren't here for the Backus hate. Spent the last 5 years here and on CBS chasing him with pitch forks but now everyone loves Dom lol ok Backus is ten times the player Dom has ever been.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lovie is the new coach I think it's safe to say our D-line will be top 5 in the NFL for many years, with or without Dominic Ravioli playing DT/RE hybrid.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Caldwell's name has surfaced as a potential hire too. Other than the season that Peyton missed, he did pretty well in Indy.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schwartz new Browns DC, made thread about it. Hope they aren't attached to their headsets in Cleveland.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my God fans. Lovie and Leslie in the D vs. the Bears, Vikes and Pack??? Book it!

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Leslie Frazier is expected to be Lovie Smith's defensive coordinator wherever Smith lands a job as a head coach.

Frazier and Smith both adhere to Cover-2 and Tampa-2 defensive principles. Frazier worked under Tony Dungy in Indianapolis in the mid-2000s, and Smith worked under Dungy in Tampa Bay in the late-1990s. There's a connection. It's believed that Smith's first choice for defensive coordinator will be Cowboys DL coach Rod Marinelli, but Dallas may not let Marinelli out of his deal.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my God fans. Lovie and Leslie in the D vs. the Bears, Vikes and Pack??? Book it!

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Leslie Frazier is expected to be Lovie Smith's defensive coordinator wherever Smith lands a job as a head coach.

Frazier and Smith both adhere to Cover-2 and Tampa-2 defensive principles. Frazier worked under Tony Dungy in Indianapolis in the mid-2000s, and Smith worked under Dungy in Tampa Bay in the late-1990s. There's a connection. It's believed that Smith's first choice for defensive coordinator will be Cowboys DL coach Rod Marinelli, but Dallas may not let Marinelli out of his deal.

If I could thumbs up my own post 10000 times I would. This imo leap frogs Lovie over anything Wisenhunt can throw together.

Lovie Smith/Leslie Frazier revenge tour with Suh, Fairley and Ansah leading the charge. Both get an O and a second chance to take down the Packers along with their ex employers. C'mon Mayhew!

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I could thumbs up my own post 10000 times I would. This imo leap frogs Lovie over anything Wisenhunt can throw together.

Lovie Smith/Leslie Frazier revenge tour with Suh, Fairley and Ansah leading the charge. Both get an O and a second chance to take down the Packers along with their ex employers. C'mon Mayhew!

We still need a damn good O-coordinator to go along with them. Does anyone know enough about the guy from Cal to determine whether he's what Stafford and our offense needs?

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus from what I know of Lovie, he's a conservative play caller. I can't take much more of that.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still need a damn good O-coordinator to go along with them. Does anyone know enough about the guy from Cal to determine whether he's what Stafford and our offense needs?

Jeff Tedford. Highly successful QB college coach. Issue is a lot of his guys busted in the NFL (Harrington, Carr, Akili Smith) but they also played for perennial losers. I like it. I'd like to see what he could do with Pimp. He's very similar to Trestman, Bears HC.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus from what I know of Lovie, he's a conservative play caller. I can't take much more of that.

Ya throw deep to our 6'5 230 lb WR who runs a 4.3 instead of a ultra-creative 2 yard slant lol

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Tedford. Highly successful QB college coach. Issue is a lot of his guys busted in the NFL (Harrington, Carr, Akili Smith) but they also played for perennial losers. I like it. I'd like to see what he could do with Pimp. He's very similar to Trestman, Bears HC.

His golden egg was Aaron Rodgers. Albeit many say his mechanics were way off when he went to GB and McCarthy changed everything about him. Read into that what you want. Mike sure never attemted to change Farve's mechanics.

Agree with what you say Rob in that those guys went to bad teams. My outlook is that he consistently produced pro caliber QB's while under his regime. So Tedford had to be doing something right.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His golden egg was Aaron Rodgers. Albeit many say his mechanics were way off when he went to GB and McCarthy changed everything about him. Read into that what you want. Mike sure never attemted to change Farve's mechanics.

Agree with what you say Rob in that those guys went to bad teams. My outlook is that he consistently produced pro caliber QB's while under his regime. So Tedford had to be doing something right.

After I hit submit, it hit me. I should thumbs down 1000 times. With this thought process the USC QB guru was awesome to then. Although none of those USC QB's have amounted to much in NFL.