• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions Fire Jim Caldwell

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt hate him like i did mooch, but like the other 20 losers before him... wins matter.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect us to have a less than mediocre run with a Pats assistant, followed by another overhaul in five years.

Couldn't be less excited for the dog and pony show of a coaching search. Cuz there will be no search. It's just gonna be a cronie. And those have never worked, doubt it's the Lions that buck that trend.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For almost 20 years we were mostly garbage until Caldwell came along. We were a team talking about the draft by week 10 and now we're talking about playoffs at least until week 16. I like Caldwell and appreciate what he did for us. He's a good coach and by all accounts a great person and mentor. All of the people you hear today talking him up say the same things. Good coach. Good just gets you fired more slowly than bad. So good luck Jim Caldwell!

And good luck Bob Quinn! You fired our winning-est coach, a guy extremely well liked in the locker room and owner's box. Your guy better have division titles and playoff wins in him or you'll feel M2Fs pimp hand next.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just turned on the TV to see this. FANTASTIC!

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but old Jim couldn't figure out how to game plan or have any ability to adapt in game or in season.

Perfect example....

He didn't start giving Tion Green the ball until week 13? He even gave AA 8 carries in week 17 (for 18 yards)! What has AA done this season to deserve 8 totes?

We need a Pete Carroll type coach who isn't afraid to play BPA and not play favorites like a stubborn ass Caldwell.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This move is kinda bullshit imo.

The leash needs to be very short on Quin and whichever of his friends it is he hires. Imo.

Cuz he hasn't exactly impressed any more as a GM than Caldwell did as an in game coach. In all honesty, I don't see us having success with a guy who throws away picks so frequently.

But with the Fords still there, it really doesn't matter.

Dude, this is not a bunch of guys from some johnny come lately franchise. They are coming from the most successful mega dynasty in all of football history. No other team has done what the Pats have done the last 2 decades. They will win their 6th super bowl this year most likely. That is 1 every 3 years. And mind you this is in an era of free agency when players can leave at any time. Back in the old days players pretty much did not move much.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, this is not a bunch of guys from some johnny come lately franchise. They are coming from the most successful mega dynasty in all of football history. No other team has done what the Pats have done the last 2 decades. They will win their 6th super bowl this year most likely. That is 1 every 3 years. And mind you this is in an era of free agency when players can leave at any time. Back in the old days players pretty much did not move much.
Name me an assistant in NE that has made it thru a contract as HC elsewhere.

Maybe there is one, idk.

The defense the guy was in charge of gave up more rushing yards, more passing yards and was penalized more times and for more yards than our shitty defense. (No other team beat us in all four of those categories. The Giants were 3/4, but failed to get us in yards penalized.)Other than being Quins bro, there is no reason he gets this job.

We go from mustache to beard, only positive I can see.

It's not like we're getting BB, we're getting his rocket scientist understudy.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear we're interviewing Winston Moss, Packers LB coach.

So the token will be out the way quick.

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear we're interviewing Winston Moss, Packers LB coach.

So the token will be out the way quick.
Would you stop crying about who we might hire and just enjoy this day? Wtf???

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind seeing the Lions hire Peyton Manning. Offensive genius, leader and relentless worker. Could probably teach Stafford a thing or two.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe there is one, idk.

The defense the guy was in charge of gave up more rushing yards, more passing yards and was penalized more times and for more yards than our shitty defense. (No other team beat us in all four of those categories. The Giants were 3/4, but failed to get us in yards penalized.)Other than being Quins bro, there is no reason he gets this job.

And if we hired BB you would still be bitching. Sometimes I think you gave Iffster your password.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fill me in on why you guys are happy Caldwell is gone.

Didn't he take you guys to back to back postseason's? A first?

I do realize y'all had a chance this season.

Because the clear message from the top down should be: "pretty good" isn't good enough.

Caldwell's teams couldn't beat other good teams in the NFL. And he was pretty close to Oh-fer in winning important games. Rather like Jim Harbaugh in that regard.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For almost 20 years we were mostly garbage until Caldwell came along. We were a team talking about the draft by week 10 and now we're talking about playoffs at least until week 16. I like Caldwell and appreciate what he did for us. He's a good coach and by all accounts a great person and mentor. All of the people you hear today talking him up say the same things. Good coach. Good just gets you fired more slowly than bad. So good luck Jim Caldwell!

And good luck Bob Quinn! You fired our winning-est coach, a guy extremely well liked in the locker room and owner's box. Your guy better have division titles and playoff wins in him or you'll feel M2Fs pimp hand next.

The sins of the father do not fall on the son in football. In other words, a shitty past is not a reason to keep an average present.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt hate him like i did mooch, but like the other 20 losers before him... wins matter.
Nice, someone who may have hated Mooch as much as I did. Worst coaching job in team history.

:tea:

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice, someone who may have hated Mooch as much as I did. Worst coaching job in team history.

:tea:
Like mooch, caldwells past success was on the coattails of a vastly superior Coach.

dengel6

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any new "owners" out there? :agree:

Chief602

Resident Wookie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe there is one, idk.

I could give two shits about all those stats, how many points did they give up??? Thought I read top 10 in scoring defense?? And he was able to turn around an atrocious start to the season. At least he shows an ability to adjust to the strengths of his defense.