• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions Fire Jim Caldwell

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,101.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack Del Rio is available.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being the winning coach in super bowl era for the Lions like being the leading rusher this season.

:hammer:

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of rumors that the #1 choice is the Pats DC. Not sure I like that idea at all. The offense here has really underperformed, but the defense despite being really short on talent in the whole front 7, has actually been very good. Plus we just used our first round pick last year on a 4-3 MLB. I think he projects decently to a 3-4 ILB, but that's not a 1st round premium position.

#2 choice is supposedly Josh McDaniels, who IMO is only behind Lane Kiffin as complete jerks who I have actively rooted to fail in the past. But it's possible I could give the guy a chance, his leash with me wouldn't be very long though.

Lots of other guys out there don't really feel like a clear upgrade over Caldwell. I'm sure there are some gems out there, but no clear cut choices if we don't get one of the top 2 guys. IMO

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of rumors that the #1 choice is the Pats DC. Not sure I like that idea at all. The offense here has really underperformed, but the defense despite being really short on talent in the whole front 7, has actually been very good. Plus we just used our first round pick last year on a 4-3 MLB. I think he projects decently to a 3-4 ILB, but that's not a 1st round premium position.

#2 choice is supposedly Josh McDaniels, who IMO is only behind Lane Kiffin as complete jerks who I have actively rooted to fail in the past. But it's possible I could give the guy a chance, his leash with me wouldn't be very long though.

Lots of other guys out there don't really feel like a clear upgrade over Caldwell. I'm sure there are some gems out there, but no clear cut choices if we don't get one of the top 2 guys. IMO

I'm excited about a potential Patrica HC/3-4 defense combo. I'm hoping MP learned how to run a team from BB the same way BQ learned how to run a front office.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited about a potential Patrica HC/3-4 defense combo. I'm hoping MP learned how to run a team from BB the same way BQ learned how to run a front office.

Not to mention that if there are 10 HC vacancies you can bet Austin will get 10 Rooney rule interviews. That means there is a chance every year we could lose him. Matty Patty is insurance for that. Could bring Brendan Daly over with him to run the defense.

Still leaves the need for help on offense though. Would need a new OC.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,101.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Isn't the new GM from the Pats?

Think McDaniels ends up in Indy.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,101.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fill me in on why you guys are happy Caldwell is gone.

Didn't he take you guys to back to back postseason's? A first?

I do realize y'all had a chance this season.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never won a division title, despite twice taking the race to the last day of the season.

4-23 against winning teams.

He positioned the Lions to win their first division title since 1993 last year. They had a two-game lead with three to go. But each game was against a contender, and the Lions lost all of them.

We want to see our new GM from New England hire his own guy.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't the new GM from the Pats?

Think McDaniels ends up in Indy.

I'm beginning to wonder if Belichick isn't close to retirement, and McDaniels succeeds him in New England.

Reactions: DJ

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get a good coach to come in!

VulturesRule

Enhanced Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caldwell is probably a great Player Personnel type, but he just misses when it comes to being a HC. It's not like he coached up his players, he just coached the talent he had. When it came to getting the team to execute like a winner that's when he showed he could not produce success. Nice guy, wrong position.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck a pussy ass 3-4.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caldwell is probably a great Player Personnel type, but he just misses when it comes to being a HC. It's not like he coached up his players, he just coached the talent he had. When it came to getting the team to execute like a winner that's when he showed he could not produce success. Nice guy, wrong position.
You could atleast say he was better than Schwartz.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YaHooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This move is kinda bullshit imo.

The leash needs to be very short on Quin and whichever of his friends it is he hires. Imo.

Cuz he hasn't exactly impressed any more as a GM than Caldwell did as an in game coach. In all honesty, I don't see us having success with a guy who throws away picks so frequently.

But with the Fords still there, it really doesn't matter.