• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Larry sanders signed with the cavs

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think you can win anything if a quarter of your payroll is tied up in Hassan Whiteside? i sure dont. Even though- yes personally- Whiteside isnt as good as deandre or Gobert, etc....but - why would ANY team commit a quarter of their payroll to a center that cant shoot, cant pass, and cant defend the pick and roll?

right away you are already behind the 8 ball and better be perfect with the rest of your cap space.

spend your cap on wings and guys that can play multiple positions, and that can pass, spread the floor, shoot the 3.....

not guys that afraid/too slow to leave the paint to guard a pick and roll.

It depends on how the team is built. With shooters around him, you can absolutely win with Whiteside taking up 25% of the cap. If he has shooters around him, they don't need to worry about his passing. He is definitely athletic enough to defend the pick and roll but, like most centers and most bigs in general, probably hates doing it.

I haven't seen much of Gobert, but Whiteside is better than DeAndre. DeAndre has little to no offense and is a 48% free throw shooter. He is literally a liability late in close games.

Whiteside averages more points, more rebounds, more blocks and is a 60% free throw shooter (still not great, but you can have him on the floor late in close games).

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL you said he was picked up to fill Boguts role

i didnt know Bogut was gonna do a dleague stint? hahaha

maybe i misunderstood- and you meant he would fill Boguts role with the Cavs- but Sanders would fill that same role with the Canton Charge? :noidea:

He was, but unlike Bogut, he hasn't been playing so he needs to get in game shape. Boguts role was going to be to shore up the Cavs interior defense. That is what Sanders should be able to do if he's in shape and his past issues are behind him. It's a pretty simple concept for everyone except you to understand.

It's like you've never watched a real basketball game before.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so...the guy who was signed "to replace Bogut" will be playing in the dleague...hmmm...pretty sure Bogut wasnt gonna see any dleague time. lol.

Btw, you've been warned about taking posts out of context, correct?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, we shall see right?

we will know in a couple short months, just who was right, and who was wrong. I am MORE than confident my position will be the right one.

You always are which is amazing considering you're almost never right about anything. Additionally, it may take more than a couple of months. If he shows he's not ready, the Cavs aren't going to play him.

How much, if any, playing time he gets will be determined by how quickly he can get into game shape and if he can actually still play.

That's why I said all along that this is a low risk/high reward situation for the Cavs. They get him on the cheap. If he shows he can still play and his issues are behind him, it could be a great pickup and could bear fruit as early as this season and he could be a contributor for several more years. If he doesn't have anything left or reverts back to his previous issues, the Cavs can cut him loose only having lost some money.

In some ways, it actually makes more sense than the Bogut signing or bringing Varejao back.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's a deal for you. Find one post where anyone said that Bogut would be spending time in the D-league or you are banned from this thread and the main NBA thread.

You have 5 hours. Should be plenty of time.

Deal?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a deal for you. Find one post where anyone said that Bogut would be spending time in the D-league or you are banned from this thread and the main NBA thread.

Deal?
what are you talking about?- i said NO ONE SAID Bogut wouldbe spending any time in the dleague- which was EXACTLY MY POINT. How is Sanders going to fill Boguts role when Bogut would be playing with the Cavs and Sanders would be playing in with the Canton Charge? its impossible- it doesnt make sense.

OF COURSE NO one was saying Bogut was playing in the dleague- hes a real live nba basketball player! Sanders is the one that is playing in the dleague- which just goes to show you- he wasnt brought in to fill NEARLY the role that Bogut would have occupied. Not even close.

as i said- anyone that thinks Sanders was brought in to fill Boguts role- just doesnt know what they are talking about. And itll be proven with the passage of time.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blah blah blah...heard the same shit last year....did the Warriors acquire The King? lol...no? they didnt?

if the Warriors didnt acquire LeBron- which- i am pretty sure they havent, you can take that cakewalk and shove it up your ass. LOL.

They acquired Durant, which is the 2nd best thing.
In spite of all the other 'issues' the Warriors had last post season, are you saying that if they had Durant instead of Barnes that we would have seen the same result?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what are you talking about?- i said NO ONE SAID Bogut wouldbe spending any time in the dleague- which was EXACTLY MY POINT. How is Sanders going to fill Boguts role when Bogut would be playing with the Cavs and Sanders would be playing in with the Canton Charge? its impossible- it doesnt make sense.

OF COURSE NO one was saying Bogut was playing in the dleague- hes a real live nba basketball player! Sanders is the one that is playing in the dleague- which just goes to show you- he wasnt brought in to fill NEARLY the role that Bogut would have occupied. Not even close.

as i said- anyone that thinks Sanders was brought in to fill Boguts role- just doesnt know what they are talking about. And itll be proven with the passage of time.

If the premise is that the regular season means nothing, then Boguts role during the regular season also meant nothing.
If its about the playoffs, then how on earth is Sanders going to get into game shape if he's not playing in the D league?

As Trojan pointed out, and those who watch games know, it's VERY common for roster players to go back and forth between D league and NBA for situations just like this.

Practices are few and far between, and he just can't be thrown into NBA game action.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Deal?

#isthisabluff?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on how the team is built. With shooters around him, you can absolutely win with Whiteside taking up 25% of the cap. If he has shooters around him, they don't need to worry about his passing. He is definitely athletic enough to defend the pick and roll but, like most centers and most bigs in general, probably hates doing it.

I haven't seen much of Gobert, but Whiteside is better than DeAndre. DeAndre has little to no offense and is a 48% free throw shooter. He is literally a liability late in close games.

Whiteside averages more points, more rebounds, more blocks and is a 60% free throw shooter (still not great, but you can have him on the floor late in close games).

Raptors hacked him one the other night.
He said "I've got this", and hit both shots.

His presence is getting guys like Babbitt and Ellington wide open looks, and they , amongst others, are making teams pay.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bet what?

i have said from the begining Sanders was picked up for 3 reasons

1. Insurance against injury
2. A warm body to play during blowouts
3. A long term project.

What? you think hes gonna play actual meaningful minutes in the playoffs? if you do- you are smoking crack. LOL

Bet was the Cavs win it all.
You say you are beyond confident.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Shaq 2.0 came along......nobody would want him?

LMAO

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Deal?
If Shaq 2.0 came along......nobody would want him?

LMAO

2.5 hours left

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest news
News provided byRotowire

9:19 P.M. ET MAR 12
Zubac will start in Sunday's matchup with the 76ers, Mike Trudell of the Lakers' official site reports.

Analysis: Fresh off an assignment to the D-League, Zubac will draw the start against a Philadelphia unit that allows the most fantasy points per game to opposing centers. In his last outing, the Bosnian rookie posted 14 points, three rebounds, one steal and two blocks in just 17 minutes of action.

@trojanfan12

Maybe Wiggy isn't aware that we now how air travel?

#wrightbrothers

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i said NO ONE SAID Bogut wouldbe spending any time in the dleague- which was EXACTLY MY POINT.

No you didn't.

You're so fucking confused, you don't even know what you post. Looks like some time away might be good for you. Clear that muddled pile of grey that you call a brain.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raptors hacked him one the other night.
He said "I've got this", and hit both shots.

His presence is getting guys like Babbitt and Ellington wide open looks, and they , amongst others, are making teams pay.

And yet, according to our self proclaimed "more ridiculously informed than anyone else on these boards" genius, a team can't win with Whiteside making what he makes. :L

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest news
News provided byRotowire

9:19 P.M. ET MAR 12
Zubac will start in Sunday's matchup with the 76ers, Mike Trudell of the Lakers' official site reports.

Analysis: Fresh off an assignment to the D-League, Zubac will draw the start against a Philadelphia unit that allows the most fantasy points per game to opposing centers. In his last outing, the Bosnian rookie posted 14 points, three rebounds, one steal and two blocks in just 17 minutes of action.

@trojanfan12

Maybe Wiggy isn't aware that we now how air travel?

#wrightbrothers

Well, he does live in Cleveland. Maybe they don't have them fancy flyin' machines there yet? :noidea: