• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Larry sanders signed with the cavs

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah ill take the guy for the vet. min at the back of the roster! no doubt!

what the Cavs havent, and what the best teams in the NBA dont do- is invest huge money in a center that cant switch, cant pass, and cant shoot---- its just a terrible way to start constructing your roster....

Spurs, Cavs, Warriors, CEltics, Raptors, Rockets- none oft hose teams- the best teams in basketball- have committed huge money long term to a "franchise center" - and there is a reason for it--- it usually just doesnt work.---a number of the smartest GMS in the league- Griffin, Bufford, Myers, Ainge, Morey, Ujiri etc....they all know better.

now- if you can get a guy like a KEvin Love or a Marc Gasol- big men that can pass and shoot with the best of them? NOW THAT is who you invest in -in todays pace and space league!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i said its not worth investing real money in a center. TT doesnt do shit for spacing- but when you have 4 shooters around him- you can get it done.

id LOVE it if they Cavs could get Andre Drummond if it meant paying him 5 M dollars a year to come off the bench and play 20-25 minutes a game- but thats just not realistic

the best teams dont invest big money in centers that cant pass and cant shoot-

i mean- just look

Celtics, Cavs, Warriors, Spurs, Rockets, Raptors etc.....any of those guys paying a center like a franchise guy? of course not.

You have Drummond rated as the 8th best player in the EC, but would like to have him for 5M
coming off the bench!!!

You are the greatest!!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah ill take the guy for the vet. min at the back of the roster! no doubt!

what the Cavs havent, and what the best teams in the NBA dont do- is invest huge money in a center that cant switch, cant pass, and cant shoot---- its just a terrible way to start constructing your roster....

Spurs, Cavs, Warriors, CEltics, Raptors, Rockets- none oft hose teams- the best teams in basketball- have committed huge money long term to a "franchise center" - and there is a reason for it--- it usually just doesnt work.---a number of the smartest GMS in the league- Griffin, Bufford, Myers, Ainge, Morey, Ujiri etc....they all know better.

now- if you can get a guy like a KEvin Love or a Marc Gasol- big men that can pass and shoot with the best of them? NOW THAT is who you invest in -in todays pace and space league!

You do know if Cavs were in the West they'd be a 4 seed?
I think this post season is shaping up to be a bigger dog fight then we imagined a couple months ago.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets no forget, hes been available this whole time.
Nobody wanted him.
Maybe hes a diamond in the rough like Whiteside?

#zerochanceofthat

I don't know about a diamond in the rough like Whiteside. What Whiteside is doing with the Heat is like winning the Powerball lotto. But, if he has put whatever his issues are behind him, he definitely has the talent to be able to contribute.

So, probably zero chance that he's as good as Whiteside, but a solid chance that he could contribute as something other than being some guy on the end of the bench.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about a diamond in the rough like Whiteside. What Whiteside is doing with the Heat is like winning the Powerball lotto. But, if he has put whatever his issues are behind him, he definitely has the talent to be able to contribute.

So, probably zero chance that he's as good as Whiteside, but a solid chance that he could contribute as something other than being some guy on the end of the bench.
you think you can win anything if a quarter of your payroll is tied up in Hassan Whiteside? i sure dont. Even though- yes personally- Whiteside isnt as good as deandre or Gobert, etc....but - why would ANY team commit a quarter of their payroll to a center that cant shoot, cant pass, and cant defend the pick and roll?

right away you are already behind the 8 ball and better be perfect with the rest of your cap space.

spend your cap on wings and guys that can play multiple positions, and that can pass, spread the floor, shoot the 3.....

not guys that afraid/too slow to leave the paint to guard a pick and roll.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know if Cavs were in the West they'd be a 4 seed?
I think this post season is shaping up to be a bigger dog fight then we imagined a couple months ago.
i dont care if the Cavs are the 1 seed or the 8 seed- if they are healthy and rested and ready to go when the playoffs hit- NOBODY is picking against them in the East tht has even a SHRED of credibility. Its just a fact.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup.....he will be playing in the dleague for the Canton charge according to David Aldridge- but they signed him for this year. LOL.

You really enjoy showing off how little you know about basketball. It's pretty hilarious.

Of course he's going to play some time in the d-league. He hasn't played in what? 4 years? He has to get his timing, get in game shape and the Cavs need to see if he can still play.

But he's also practicing with the Cavs. Plenty of guys who need playing time go back and forth between their NBA team and a D-League team. Ivica Zubac with the Lakers has been doing it all season.

If the Cavs continue to struggle with their interior defense, you can bet Lue will give him some run. He'd be stupid not to.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont care if the Cavs are the 1 seed or the 8 seed- if they are healthy and rested and ready to go when the playoffs hit- NOBODY is picking against them in the East tht has even a SHRED of credibility. Its just a fact.

Lot of ifs.
If every teams ifs all go how they hope, the Warriors would cakewalk.
Right now you are a long way from completing your 'if' wish list.

As far as your theory, James must not agree because hes playing his most mpg of all time ( i think).
Why if seeding doesnt matter?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know you guys love to use as much twisted logic to try and make the Cavs look bad as you can- but here is an example where you guys fell flat on your face and embarrassed YOURSELVES.

Uh no, but it is yet another example of you showing that you know nothing about basketball.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of ifs.
If every teams ifs all go how they hope, the Warriors would cakewalk.
Right now you are a long way from completing your 'if' wish list.

As far as your theory, James must not agree because hes playing his most mpg of all time ( i think).
Why if seeding doesnt matter?
blah blah blah...heard the same shit last year....did the Warriors acquire The King? lol...no? they didnt?

if the Warriors didnt acquire LeBron- which- i am pretty sure they havent, you can take that cakewalk and shove it up your ass. LOL.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really enjoy showing off how little you know about basketball. It's pretty hilarious.

Of course he's going to play some time in the d-league. He hasn't played in what? 4 years? He has to get his timing, get in game shape and the Cavs need to see if he can still play.

But he's also practicing with the Cavs. Plenty of guys who need playing time go back and forth between their NBA team and a D-League team. Ivica Zubac with the Lakers has been doing it all season.

If the Cavs continue to struggle with their interior defense, you can bet Lue will give him some run. He'd be stupid not to.
well, we shall see right?

we will know in a couple short months, just who was right, and who was wrong. I am MORE than confident my position will be the right one.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think you can win anything if a quarter of your payroll is tied up in Hassan Whiteside? i sure dont. Even though- yes personally- Whiteside isnt as good as deandre or Gobert, etc....but - why would ANY team commit a quarter of their payroll to a center that cant shoot, cant pass, and cant defend the pick and roll?

right away you are already behind the 8 ball and better be perfect with the rest of your cap space.

spend your cap on wings and guys that can play multiple positions, and that can pass, spread the floor, shoot the 3.....

not guys that afraid/too slow to leave the paint to guard a pick and roll.

The Heat are currently winning a whole lot, -25% of their salary cap.
As far as your analysis of his game, it just furthur proves what we already know.
You only watch the Cavs ( if their winning).
Whitesides improvement from year to year, in all phases, is very impressive and still growing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so...the guy who was signed "to replace Bogut" will be playing in the dleague...hmmm...pretty sure Bogut wasnt gonna see any dleague time. lol.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, we shall see right?

we will know in a couple short months, just who was right, and who was wrong. I am MORE than confident my position will be the right one.

But u wont bet??

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat are currently winning a whole lot, -25% of their salary cap.
As far as your analysis of his game, it just furthur proves what we already know.
You only watch the Cavs ( if their winning).
Whitesides improvement from year to year, in all phases, is very impressive and still growing.
well we shall see just what the Heat do....like i am saying- time will tell who was right and who was wrong....right now the Heat are on the outside looking in in the sorry Eastern Conference. We shall see what happens- iwill concede they might make the 6th seed- but there is no guarantee they are anything but a team that did nothing but ruin their draft pick and miss the playoffs at this point.

next few week should be just oodles of fun to see how it all plays out.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But u wont bet??
bet what?

i have said from the begining Sanders was picked up for 3 reasons

1. Insurance against injury
2. A warm body to play during blowouts
3. A long term project.

What? you think hes gonna play actual meaningful minutes in the playoffs? if you do- you are smoking crack. LOL

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even specifically says that he is playing in the d-league to get into game shape. Once again, Wiggy shows that he doesn't know what he's talking about.
LOL you said he was picked up to fill Boguts role

i didnt know Bogut was gonna do a dleague stint? hahaha

maybe i misunderstood- and you meant he would fill Boguts role with the Cavs- but Sanders would fill that same role with the Canton Charge? :noidea: