• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Larry sanders signed with the cavs

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree with Wiggy that there is more upside with Sanders than with Bogut because Sanders is a better athlete. In that respect, he's absolutely right. However, the Cavs need defensive help, which is why they signed Bogut in the first place and why they signed Sanders when Bogut got hurt.

If Sanders can provide some situational defense (the 1.8 bpg you mentioned) for about 8-10 minutes per game, it'll be a good pickup, especially if he's able to stay with the team beyond the rest of this season and contribute.

The question, of course, is can he avoid off court issues? Talent was never a problem with him. It was emotional issues and wanting to smoke weed whenever he wants.

It's really a low risk/high reward deal for the Cavs. If he pans out, it's a good move. If not, they cut him loose having only lost whatever money they paid him for a short stay.

Lets no forget, hes been available this whole time.
Nobody wanted him.
Maybe hes a diamond in the rough like Whiteside?

#zerochanceofthat

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree with Wiggy that there is more upside with Sanders than with Bogut because Sanders is a better athlete. In that respect, he's absolutely right. However, the Cavs need defensive help, which is why they signed Bogut in the first place and why they signed Sanders when Bogut got hurt.

If Sanders can provide some situational defense (the 1.8 bpg you mentioned) for about 8-10 minutes per game, it'll be a good pickup, especially if he's able to stay with the team beyond the rest of this season and contribute.

The question, of course, is can he avoid off court issues? Talent was never a problem with him. It was emotional issues and wanting to smoke weed whenever he wants.

It's really a low risk/high reward deal for the Cavs. If he pans out, it's a good move. If not, they cut him loose having only lost whatever money they paid him for a short stay.
yup.....he will be playing in the dleague for the Canton charge according to David Aldridge- but they signed him for this year. LOL.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup.....he will be playing in the dleague for the Canton charge according to David Aldridge- but they signed him for this year. LOL.

Seriously?
He needs to play and get into game shape.
That can't happen in the NBA, so of course you take advantage of the D league.
That's what its for.

Put it this way, is he stays in the D league and isn't brought up this year, then he won't be around next year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?
He needs to play and get into game shape.
That can't happen in the NBA, so of course you take advantage of the D league.
That's what its for.

Put it this way, is he stays in the D league and isn't brought up this year, then he won't be around next year.
uh yah - thats exaclty what i have been saying!!! LOL

and no- if he signs a multi year deal at the minimum- even if he doesnt play 1 minute this season - you really think the Cavs just drop him when they would have him for the minimum next year and the whole offseason/preseason to continue to get him ready? cmon man use some common sense.

i know you guys love to use as much twisted logic to try and make the Cavs look bad as you can- but here is an example where you guys fell flat on your face and embarrassed YOURSELVES.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uh yah - thats exaclty what i have been saying!!! LOL

and no- if he signs a multi year deal at the minimum- even if he doesnt play 1 minute this season - you really think the Cavs just drop him when they would have him for the minimum next year and the whole offseason/preseason to continue to get him ready? cmon man use some common sense.

i know you guys love to use as much twisted logic to try and make the Cavs look bad as you can- but here is an example where you guys fell flat on your face and embarrassed YOURSELVES.

Just depends.
If he is producing, making progress, and isn't a locker room distraction,then no harm no foul keeping him around.

If he isn't doing any or all of the above, cut him loose.

Like I said, if you are banking on him for anything, you're in deep ship.

You act like the Cavs found him in the YMAC.
He's been there for all.
Nobody wanted him.

#misinformedasusual

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just depends.
If he is producing, making progress, and isn't a locker room distraction,then no harm no foul keeping him around.

He's been there for all.
Nobody wanted him.

#misinformedasusual
LOL...just because you are wrong doesnt mean you have to just make shit up does it? the YMCA? lol....ive been the only one with any common sense at all- saying that the idea the entire time is to bring him along slowly with a focus on next year- to have him fill out the last spot on the roster. I have no clue what the hell you are talking about.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @WiggyRuss

For 2 seasons he's been saying the Cavs would never want a player like Whiteside because he would kill the Cavs spacing, which is moronically insane BTW. The Heat's spacing is just fine.

Now, all of the sudden, he's crying over Bogut breaking his leg, on hoping for the resurrection of Sanders.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @WiggyRuss

For 2 seasons he's been saying the Cavs would never want a player like Whiteside because he would kill the Cavs spacing, which is moronically insane BTW. The Heat's spacing is just fine.

Now, all of the sudden, he's crying over Bogut breaking his leg, on hoping for the resurrection of Sanders.
im hoping for a resurrection of Sanders? i seriously sometimes doubt your ability to read. lol

I hope that next year the guy can be a decent big off the bench and the last guy on the roster- im not calling him "possibly the most dominant center in the league" LOL......

no matter how much squirming you do- its obvious- i was right- you were wrong. its cool man- get over it.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...just because you are wrong doesnt mean you have to just make shit up does it? the YMCA? lol....ive been the only one with any common sense at all- saying that the idea the entire time is to bring him along slowly with a focus on next year- to have him fill out the last spot on the roster. I have no clue what the hell you are talking about.

He's replacing Bogut who was signed to help THIS year.
You can assume anything you want, but talking like its fact is just your opinion, which is wrong almost every single day.

Then, instead of manning up, you go into c Unt mode and start posting pictures of the standings.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im hoping for a resurrection of Sanders? i seriously sometimes doubt your ability to read. lol

I hope that next year the guy can be a decent big off the bench and the last guy on the roster- im not calling him "possibly the most dominant center in the league" LOL......

no matter how much squirming you do- its obvious- i was right- you were wrong. its cool man- get over it.

Cavs could be in deep shit this playoff run, if your C core is just Tristan and nobody.
Everyone sees it but you.
They planned on Bogut, then he broke his leg.
Finding someone eligible is not that easy this time of the year.
Sanders was so they are taking a shot.
TRUST ME.
They are hoping he can play this year at some point to eat up some minutes.
Nobody here is saying he'll be playing 20 MPG in the playoffs, but if they can get 6-10, they would take it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's replacing Bogut who was signed to help THIS year.
You can assume anything you want, but talking like its fact is just your opinion, which is wrong almost every single day.

Then, instead of manning up, you go into c Unt mode and start posting pictures of the standings.
LOL.....wow......uhh yah- bogut was signed to help this year- he was playing in the Finals last year and was on an NBA team

anyone with shred of common sense would have understood- just as i said in my original post- that asking Larry Sanders to help the Cavs this year when he hasnt played in years was stupidity.

as i have said OVER AND OVER again--- Sanders was signed for 3 reasons 1. Insurance because of injury 2. A warm-body to play in blowouts, and 3. As a longterm project for next season.

as i said- once again

time vindicates.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs could be in deep shit this playoff run, if your C core is just Tristan and nobody.
Everyone sees it but you.
They planned on Bogut, then he broke his leg.
Finding someone eligible is not that easy this time of the year.
Sanders was so they are taking a shot.
TRUST ME.
They are hoping he can play this year at some point to eat up some minutes.
Nobody here is saying he'll be playing 20 MPG in the playoffs, but if they can get 6-10, they would take it.
what was their center core last year? the incredible dissapearing Mozgov? LOL

i think the Cavs will be just FINE at the center position as long as Love is back. If you dont think so- id LOVE to hear a wager from you! LOL.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bogut would have likely taken minutes from Frye and Williams, and spelled TT and Love here and there....

Sanders? HELLLLLLLLL NO hes not taking those guys' minutes this year

i wouldnt be surprised if he played in blowouts- in garbage time? but actual pressure minutes like Bogut was going to play? no chance in hell- anyone tells you otherwise they need to put down the pipe. LOL.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
c. develop him/get him up to speed for next year.

if anyone thinks Larry Sanders will be playing playoff minutes when the games matter- they need to check themselves into rehab

OK, I can see that argument

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just depends.
He's been there for all.
Nobody wanted him.
#misinformedasusual

I wouldn't say "Nobody wanted him." Remember he was the one that walked away -- leaving a lot of $$$ behind ($27M). There are a few good articles out there about him. He has been clear that he wasn't desperate to get back in the league -- that he would only do it in the right situation. (and maybe not at all)

-- from one of the articles:
... he described who he is, how he sees himself: “I’m a person, I’m a father, I’m an artist, I’m a writer, I’m a painter, I’m a musician, and sometimes I play basketball.”

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what was their center core last year? the incredible dissapearing Mozgov? LOL

i think the Cavs will be just FINE at the center position as long as Love is back. If you dont think so- id LOVE to hear a wager from you! LOL.

@trojanfan12
He's proposing a bet (I think).

So @WiggyRuss you are today, taking Cavs and giving me the field?

I'm down.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bogut would have likely taken minutes from Frye and Williams, and spelled TT and Love here and there....

Sanders? HELLLLLLLLL NO hes not taking those guys' minutes this year

i wouldnt be surprised if he played in blowouts- in garbage time? but actual pressure minutes like Bogut was going to play? no chance in hell- anyone tells you otherwise they need to put down the pipe. LOL.

So the Cavs lineup with Bogut was going to be?

For 2 years you have said a real C would kill James spacing.
Correct?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Cavs lineup with Bogut was going to be?

For 2 years you have said a real C would kill James spacing.
Correct?
i said its not worth investing real money in a center. TT doesnt do shit for spacing- but when you have 4 shooters around him- you can get it done.

id LOVE it if they Cavs could get Andre Drummond if it meant paying him 5 M dollars a year to come off the bench and play 20-25 minutes a game- but thats just not realistic

the best teams dont invest big money in centers that cant pass and cant shoot-

i mean- just look

Celtics, Cavs, Warriors, Spurs, Rockets, Raptors etc.....any of those guys paying a center like a franchise guy? of course not.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i said its not worth investing real money in a center. TT doesnt do shit for spacing- but when you have 4 shooters around him- you can get it done.

id LOVE it if they Cavs could get Andre Drummond if it meant paying him 5 M dollars a year to come off the bench and play 20-25 minutes a game- but thats just not realistic

the best teams dont invest big money in centers that cant pass and cant shoot-

i mean- just look

Celtics, Cavs, Warriors, Spurs, Rockets, Raptors etc.....any of those guys paying a center like a franchise guy? of course not.

Fuck your best teams theory.
Its pretty much been whoever James plays with, Warriors who reinvented small ball , basically by luck, or the ultimate team game of the Spurs.

The other teams you name have done what?
An elite C is just that and certainly can be a huge weapon on a championship team.