• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Larry sanders signed with the cavs

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its true. Just watch.

What's true?
What, as far as winning, was expected from the Heat this season?

He's been great both on and off the court.
His game has grown and his ceiling is still unknown.

We know what YOU expected from Whiteside.
How did that work out?
He handled the 11-30 just fine, and now is a nightly nightmare for all opponents, while leading the Heat to a 21-5 record the 2nd half of the season.

You know as well as I do that the top 4 teams in the East are most hoping to avoid the Heat vs any of the other options.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
21-5 over the last 26 is losing I guess.
i would love to cherry pick my teams best month or two during the regular season!!!

if i only counted the Cavs games in November, December and February- and not in January and March thus far-they would be amazing.

As Bill Parcells famously said- to parahprase- You are what your record says you are.

Now- if the Heat make the playoffs and win a series? ill be the first to say this team is more talented then i thought? Now- if they miss the playoffs and the only thing they did is ruin their draft pick in a draft that is loaded with star power?--- ill get to say "I told you so".

should be fun to see who was right.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would love to cherry pick my teams best month or two during the regular season!!!

if i only counted the Cavs games in November, December and February- and not in January and March thus far-they would be amazing.

As Bill Parcells famously said- to parahprase- You are what your record says you are.

Now- if the Heat make the playoffs and win a series? ill be the first to say this team is more talented then i thought? Now- if they miss the playoffs and the only thing they did is ruin their draft pick in a draft that is loaded with star power?--- ill get to say "I told you so".

should be fun to see who was right.

It's not cherry picking. They have been a different team the 2nd half of their season. If you're too stupid to realize that then I can't help you. They already have 10 more wins than they had in the first half and there is still 15 games remaining. If this team truly couldn't win with Whiteside, please explain how they go 21-5 over the last 2 months with Whiteside in the lineup. Please explain that. A team who supposedly can't win without a player doesn't go a league best 21-5 over a 2 month time period with that same player avg 33 MPG. Also that 21-5 is likely to change to either 26-5 or 25-6 after this 5 game home stand.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- i would LOVE to say- WOW- the Cavs could have the best record in the NBA if Jr Smith never got hurt and Kevin Love never got hurt- and Andrew Bogut, Chris Anderson, Mo Williams didnt have season ending injuries- and LeBron was 24 years old and played every night!!!!!

Im sure if the Clippers had Blake Griffin and CP3 all year they would have a better record as well. I am sure the Sixers would have a better record if Embiid and Simmons were fully healthy all year. Shit happens. Or Middleton and Parker on the Bucks--- if Middleton and Parker were healthy all year how many more wins do the Bucks have? Those are OBVIOUSLy more substantial injuries then anything the Heat have had- the Bucks.

You arent judged by a month or 2 months or a half season in the NBA- you are judged by your ENTIRE SEASON at the end of the year and what you do in the playoffs.

if you think the Heat will benefit from the momentum of their recent play and ride that to a playoff spot and a good showing good for you- we shall see how it turns out---- but as of right now?- if the season ended today- you would be in the worst position in basketball in my opinion- right outside the playoffs in the East - meaning no playoffs- but a crappy lotto pick.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're really using the injury excuse? Go look at the Heat injuries and get back to me. The Heat been dealing with probably the most injuries in the NBA.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure the Heat wouldn't have more wins if Waiters didn't miss that month+ plus of basketball. I'm sure they wouldn't have more wins if Winslow last game of the season was not on December 30th.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude Winslow was one of the main parts holding you back! LOL- you play 4-5 offensively with that guy on the court- he was ABYSMAL this year- i know you have to try and develop him- but having a guy like that on the court at this point in his career was just awful for your offense- its no coicedence the offense looks am illion times better without a guy shooting a Rubio-at-his-worst basically 35% from the field! do you realize how bad that is? Thats like getting in the category of historically bad. Its like asking a guy to play a round of golf and shooting him in the leg on the first tee.

but my point--- Middleton and Parker are far better players then anyone that the Heat are/were missing.

Winslow wasn't holding the Heat back at all. And once again basketball is not only played on offense. Also for the record, the guy who replaced Winslow is avg less PPG and is not as good of a defensive player as Winslow is

So now you're going to tell me the Heat wouldn't have more wins if Winslow, Waiters, and Richardson were not hurt? You're full of shit.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winslow avg 11,4, and 5 this season. The guy who replaced him is avg 6,1, and 3. And as I said before, Winslow is a better defensive player and does basically everything better on the basketball court than this guy. I'm sure the he was holding the Heat back but the player who does everything worse than Justise is not......

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure the Heat wouldn't have more wins if Waiters didn't miss that month+ plus of basketball. I'm sure they wouldn't have more wins if Winslow last game of the season was not on December 30th.

Let's not forget that we don't have Bosh or any replacement for his max contract.

For how long was Winslow one of our primary ball handlers and go to guys?
He's known for his D.
Was it a surprise we struggled to score?

Bottom line.
If Dragic/ Waiters /Whiteside are healthy, the Heat are a totally different team who causes matchup nightmares for EVERYONE.

Then, when the 2nd group comes on, Johnson & Johnson step up the energy level and other teams can't keep up.
Ellington is running around, using the exact same offensive sets we used for Ray Allen.

Of course, to know this, you'd have to watch the games.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're really using the injury excuse? Go look at the Heat injuries and get back to me. The Heat been dealing with probably the most injuries in the NBA.

Yep.
James has yet to miss a game due to injury.
As long as he's out there, its been proven over time that the other pieces are interchangeable.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More Wiggy logic. Bring up all the injuries on other teams but Winslow missing the rest of the season while Waiters and Richardson both missed more than a month earlier this season is no big deal and the Heat wouldn't have more wins if those guys were healthy. And he wonders why he is full of shit?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More Wiggy logic. Bring up all the injuries on other teams but Winslow missing the rest of the season while Waiters and Richardson both missed more than a month earlier this season is no big deal and the Heat wouldn't have more wins if those guys were healthy. And he wonders why he is full of shit?

Plus we lost McBob :behindsofa:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also since we're in the business of bringing up injuries, I almost forgot to mention that Ellington missed the first month of the season as well.

Last edited:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- i would LOVE to say- WOW- the Cavs could have the best record in the NBA if Jr Smith never got hurt and Kevin Love never got hurt- and Andrew Bogut, Chris Anderson, Mo Williams didnt have season ending injuries- and LeBron was 24 years old and played every night!!!!!

Im sure if the Clippers had Blake Griffin and CP3 all year they would have a better record as well. I am sure the Sixers would have a better record if Embiid and Simmons were fully healthy all year. Shit happens. Or Middleton and Parker on the Bucks--- if Middleton and Parker were healthy all year how many more wins do the Bucks have? Those are OBVIOUSLy more substantial injuries then anything the Heat have had- the Bucks.

You arent judged by a month or 2 months or a half season in the NBA- you are judged by your ENTIRE SEASON at the end of the year and what you do in the playoffs.

if you think the Heat will benefit from the momentum of their recent play and ride that to a playoff spot and a good showing good for you- we shall see how it turns out---- but as of right now?- if the season ended today- you would be in the worst position in basketball in my opinion- right outside the playoffs in the East - meaning no playoffs- but a crappy lotto pick.

Just another example of you being proven wrong, then splattering the wall with a bunch of out of context nonsense.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget that we don't have Bosh or any replacement for his max contract.

For how long was Winslow one of our primary ball handlers and go to guys?
He's known for his D.
Was it a surprise we struggled to score?

Bottom line.
If Dragic/ Waiters /Whiteside are healthy, the Heat are a totally different team who causes matchup nightmares for EVERYONE.

Then, when the 2nd group comes on, Johnson & Johnson step up the energy level and other teams can't keep up.
Ellington is running around, using the exact same offensive sets we used for Ray Allen.

Of course, to know this, you'd have to watch the games.

I have only seen the Heat a couple times this year, so I do not know the inner workings like you. One thing is interesting though, the winning streak seemed to really start after the Winslow injury. I know otherfactors played a part, but I have an idea as to possibly why.

Magruder is a poor offensive player, so they literally ask him to do nothing on that end, leaving Dragic, Waiters and the Johnsons to do all the heavy lifting. Before they were running a lot through Winslow, and he is less efficient offensively than all these guys.

Even though Winslow is clearly better than Magruder, I still think perhaps his offensive role should be diminished next year simply because those other guys are better producers.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have only seen the Heat a couple times this year, so I do not know the inner workings like you. One thing is interesting though, the winning streak seemed to really start after the Winslow injury. I know otherfactors played a part, but I have an idea as to possibly why.

Magruder is a poor offensive player, so they literally ask him to do nothing on that end, leaving Dragic, Waiters and the Johnsons to do all the heavy lifting. Before they were running a lot through Winslow, and he is less efficient offensively than all these guys.

Even though Winslow is clearly better than Magruder, I still think perhaps his offensive role should be diminished next year simply because those other guys are better producers.

Without a doubt.
Winslow was forced into a different then planned role because of all the injuries.
If Winslow were starting and McGruder coming off the bench, we'd automatically improve.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a doubt.
Winslow was forced into a different then planned role because of all the injuries.
If Winslow were starting and McGruder coming off the bench, we'd automatically improve.

I was just about to say this. We have to remember Waiters was out over a month so at that point we had to run some offense through Winslow.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played, and as far as I know, didnt break any bones.