• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Larry sanders signed with the cavs

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another great pickup by legm

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another great pickup by legm
ehh we will see

i know a lot of people wont agree with me on this - but id rather of had them sign Varejao....

do we really need another guy to integrate intothe team? let alone a guy that hasnt played NBA basketball in 4 years.

VArejao would have brought someone who at least has played in the league- should be in relatively decent basketball shape- and has played with Kyrie, Thompson, and LeBron before.

Sanders wont be in basketball shape--- he definitely has a higher ceiling- but its hard for me to imagine a circusmtance where he is contributing in the playoffs when they sign him on MArch 10th and he hasnt played in years

but we shall see----the guy has all kinds of talent obviously.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the warriors did it right with javale mcgee signing him in the offseason- and bringing him along slowly- getting him acclimated...

i think larry sanders has more upside than mcgee- but the dude hasnt played in years--- this seems like ti wouldve been a better move to revisit this offseason- and using the entire season to get this guy going- then trying to integrate yet another new guy into the team during hte last month/month and a half of the regular season

varejao could ahve brought some familiarity and continuity- and he has to be at least CLOSE to nba shape after actually being on a team.

sanders has a boatload more upside- but upside on march 10th for a title contender isnt exactly what is needed. who knows- i hope i am wrong and Sanders puts some good moments together.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehh we will see

i know a lot of people wont agree with me on this - but id rather of had them sign Varejao....

do we really need another guy to integrate intothe team? let alone a guy that hasnt played NBA basketball in 4 years.

VArejao would have brought someone who at least has played in the league- should be in relatively decent basketball shape- and has played with Kyrie, Thompson, and LeBron before.

Sanders wont be in basketball shape--- he definitely has a higher ceiling- but its hard for me to imagine a circusmtance where he is contributing in the playoffs when they sign him on MArch 10th and he hasnt played in years

Jesus Christ, Wiggy's making fucking logic.

Add into the fact that this guy stepped away from the game because he just wasn't into basketball and all....but yeah that about does it.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's back from the grave to help the Cavs

aLaYv5k5.jpg

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see how this works out. They might be better bringing Bogut in off crutches

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehh we will see

#actofdesperation

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ, Wiggy's making fucking logic.

Add into the fact that this guy stepped away from the game because he just wasn't into basketball and all....but yeah that about does it.

I was really hoping he'd try to put a positive spin on it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#actofdesperation
nah...they just have an owner that is willing to shell out the dollars for a guy that has some upside- that would already be on the team if not for Andrew Bogut picking the Cavs over teams like the Celtics, Spurs, Rockets, ----

i bet Sanders is signing more than a 1 year deal for the rest of the season. That way the Cavs have him at the minimum for next year and have a possibly solid bench center to bring along- and when you have leadership like The King delivers- you can take risks on guys like Sanders- as i said? THIS SEASON- i think its a stretch to EXPECT Sanders to meaningfully contribute in the playoffs.

i really do so much enjoy your bitterness towards the Cavs though...lol...it just cracks me up. "desperate" to sign a 15th player and fill out their roster...smh.....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see how this works out. They might be better bringing Bogut in off crutches
im betting its more than a 1 year deal---- Gilbert isnt going to just let a roster spot stay open--- and they need insurance in case Love or Thompson or Frye gets hurt---- as an insurance policy- i liked Varejao more though- they just must think Varejao is totally cooked is what i am guessing.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah...they just have an owner that is willing to shell out the dollars for a guy that has some upside- that would already be on the team if not for Andrew Bogut picking the Cavs over teams like the Celtics, Spurs, Rockets, ----

i bet Sanders is signing more than a 1 year deal for the rest of the season. That way the Cavs have him at the minimum for next year and have a possibly solid bench center to bring along- and when you have leadership like The King delivers- you can take risks on guys like Sanders- as i said? THIS SEASON- i think its a stretch to EXPECT Sanders to meaningfully contribute in the playoffs.

i really do so much enjoy your bitterness towards the Cavs though...lol...it just cracks me up. "desperate" to sign a 15th player and fill out their roster...smh.....

Again with the bitter?
Guys been out of the league for YEARS, and you'd rather have Andy who is awful.
Keep making a case for the guy, but hating on Whiteside.
Its pretty fucking funny that everyone sees it but you.

As far as 15th player, I doubt it.
Who is your 2nd best big?
You think he's not on the court more then the end of your usual end of the bench scrubs?

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the warriors did it right with javale mcgee signing him in the offseason- and bringing him along slowly- getting him acclimated...

i think larry sanders has more upside than mcgee- but the dude hasnt played in years--- this seems like ti wouldve been a better move to revisit this offseason- and using the entire season to get this guy going- then trying to integrate yet another new guy into the team during hte last month/month and a half of the regular season

varejao could ahve brought some familiarity and continuity- and he has to be at least CLOSE to nba shape after actually being on a team.

sanders has a boatload more upside- but upside on march 10th for a title contender isnt exactly what is needed. who knows- i hope i am wrong and Sanders puts some good moments together.

IF...he has put his depression, etc. issues behind him, then he could be a good pickup. I agree though, this probably would have been better revisited in the off season. It's hard to imagine a guy who has been out as long as he has, having much impact. It's not just about him getting acclimated to the Cavs, learning their system, etc. It's also about shaking off 4 years of rust, getting in game shape, getting his timing down and whether or not the Cavs can/will give him the minutes necessary to make all of that happen quickly.

He definitely could have some nice moments just off of pure talent, but to truly contribute, especially in the playoffs, seems unlikely.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, desperate seems to be an appropriate word for this move. The Cavs desperately needed to some help inside, especially defensively, which is why they signed Bogut in the first place. Bogut goes down for the year 58 seconds into his first game and now the Cavs sign a guy who has been out of the league for 4 years. Even you said they may have been better off bringing back Varejao who has nothing left.

If it had been virtually any other team in the league, especially any other contender, making this kind of signing, you would have already made at last four 15,000 word posts about what a desperate move it was.

So, how about you drop the "bitterness" bullshit and accept the move for what it was. Just because it ultimately may work out ok because Sanders does have potential upside, doesn't mean it's not an act of desperation now. Virtually any signing of this type by a contender at this point in the season is about desperation.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, desperate seems to be an appropriate word for this move. The Cavs desperately needed to some help inside, especially defensively, which is why they signed Bogut in the first place. Bogut goes down for the year 58 seconds into his first game and now the Cavs sign a guy who has been out of the league for 4 years. Even you said they may have been better off bringing back Varejao who has nothing left.

If it had been virtually any other team in the league, especially any other contender, making this kind of signing, you would have already made at last four 15,000 word posts about what a desperate move it was.

So, how about you drop the "bitterness" bullshit and accept the move for what it was. Just because it ultimately may work out ok because Sanders does have potential upside, doesn't mean it's not an act of desperation now. Virtually any signing of this type by a contender at this point in the season is about desperation.
hes the 15th man.

if Chris Anderson was healthy this would be his spot. That should tell you something.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and why would i write 15 thousand words over a 15th guy? i dont even know who the 15th guy on the Spurs or Warriors or Rockets or Celtics are.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes the 15th man.

if Chris Anderson was healthy this would be his spot. That should tell you something.

He was brought in to replace Bogut. Was Bogut also a 15th man?

You clearly have no clue how rosters work. If the Cavs weren't looking for him to contribute in some way, like to replace Bogut, then there was no need to sign him other than for Gilbert to spend money needlessly. Teams, especially contenders, don't sign guys at this point in the season to be a 15th man. There's no need for it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and why would i write 15 thousand words over a 15th guy? i dont even know who the 15th guy on the Spurs or Warriors or Rockets or Celtics are.

Because he's not a 15th guy. 15th guys don't get signed by contenders at this point in the season.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he's not a 15th guy. 15th guys don't get signed by contenders at this point in the season.

Yep and 15 guys are usually in a suit nightly. Larry Sanders will at least be in uniform.