• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Larry sanders signed with the cavs

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he's not a 15th guy. 15th guys don't get signed by contenders at this point in the season.
uhhh...i mean- what do you want me to say? lol....i just said i dont even think he plays in the playoffs- and they sign him to a multi year deal with more of a focus on him for next year- I mean thats exactly what he is.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was brought in to replace Bogut. Was Bogut also a 15th man?

You clearly have no clue how rosters work. If the Cavs weren't looking for him to contribute in some way, like to replace Bogut, then there was no need to sign him other than for Gilbert to spend money needlessly. Teams, especially contenders, don't sign guys at this point in the season to be a 15th man. There's no need for it.
no- you sign him because you sign him to a 2 year deal with a focus on next year- a guy at the minimum who you can bring along- just as i said in my original post.

watch- itll be a 2 year deal.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- are you guys saying you actually expect Sanders to play any kind of meaningful minutes like Bogut would have? lol Not gonna happen- there is a reason why they held off on signing Sanders and signed Bogut- Bogut is a lot better and could help this year.

Sanders? id be shocked if he helped this year in a meaingful way- esp. in the playoffs.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes the 15th man.

if Chris Anderson was healthy this would be his spot. That should tell you something.

So you are saying (assuming he's in game shape) that Sanders will play less then James Jones and other end of bench scrubs?

Whats the bet?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uhhh...i mean- what do you want me to say? lol....i just said i dont even think he plays in the playoffs- and they sign him to a multi year deal with more of a focus on him for next year- I mean thats exactly what he is.

The one and only reason he was signed is because you lost Bogut. That means he's not a 15th guy. A multi year deal simply means that the Cavs see that there is potential upside.

Really isn't that difficult unless you've made yet another incorrect statement (as you have once again) and are desperately trying to defend it (which you are, once again).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying (assuming he's in game shape) that Sanders will play less then James Jones and other end of bench scrubs?

Whats the bet?
when it comes to the playoffs- absolutely i think james jones will

now if the Cavs are up 25 in a game- and want to throw a guy out there for garbage time? itll be Larry Sanders

if Kevin Love goes down- and they need a 4 off the bench to replace him for playoff minutes- itll be James Jones.

ill DEFINITELY bet you James Jones gets more playoff minutes- that are actually meainginfull- they arent gonna put a 40 year old man in there in garbage time. But meaningful minutes? oh james jones no quesiton.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i seriously have no clue why you guys have your panties in a twist about a guy who is signed as long term high upside guy to fill out the roster. it cracks me up.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no- you sign him because you sign him to a 2 year deal with a focus on next year- a guy at the minimum who you can bring along- just as i said in my original post.

watch- itll be a 2 year deal.

No, he was signed because Bogut got hurt...period. A 2 year deal would just show that the Cavs recognize the potential upside, which pretty much everyone recognizes. I'm not saying it's a bad move either. It's actually a potentially very good move if it pans out. However, he's not being brought in just to be a 15th guy.

Contenders don't bring in guys this late just to "try them out for next year."

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he was signed because Bogut got hurt...period. A 2 year deal would just show that the Cavs recognize the potential upside, which pretty much everyone recognizes. I'm not saying it's a bad move either. It's actually a potentially very good move if it pans out. However, he's not being brought in just to be a 15th guy.

do you think he will play in the playoffs- any kind of real minutes for the Cavs this season?

its an afterthought signing done for 1. long term upside, and 2. insurance and 3. a warm body for garbage time---- pretty much exactly what Chris Anderson's role was.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

of course he was signed because Bogut gets injured--- you think he is going to get Boguts role just because he replaced him on the roster? that doesnt make any sense.

i guess we shall see- Bogut would have played meaningful minutes in the playoffs- thats for damn sure. Sanders? i have not seen anyone say he will play meaningful minutes in the playoffs. You cant replace Andrew Bogut with Larry Sanders who hasnt played in 4 years.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you think he will play in the playoffs- any kind of real minutes for the Cavs this season?

its an afterthought signing done for 1. long term upside, and 2. insurance and 3. a warm body for garbage time---- pretty much exactly what Chris Anderson's role was.

If you are banking on meaningful minutes from Sanders or Jones, you are in deep shit.
As far as killing 5-10 minutes in a game, there's a much better chance its Sanders then Jones or the other scrubs because the Cavs have no useful bigs.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it depends on him and what happens in the playoffs. If he's motivated and plays well in what's left of the regular season and the Cavs find they are struggling in the post, then yes, I think he'll play for the same reason Bogut would have.

No, once again, contenders don't make this kind of signing this late. There's no reason to. Really isn't that difficult to understand.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course he was signed because Bogut gets injured--- you think he is going to get Boguts role just because he replaced him on the roster? that doesnt make any sense.

i guess we shall see- Bogut would have played meaningful minutes in the playoffs- thats for damn sure. Sanders? i have not seen anyone say he will play meaningful minutes in the playoffs. You cant replace Andrew Bogut with Larry Sanders who hasnt played in 4 years.

So they sign a player at Boguts position, but it's not to hopefully fill his role?
That makes ZERO sense.
If that's the case, why not bring back Andy?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If that's the case, then signing Bogut made no sense. What makes no sense is your theory that the Cavs brought him in as an "afterthought."

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it depends on him and what happens in the playoffs. If he's motivated and plays well in what's left of the regular season and the Cavs find they are struggling in the post, then yes, I think he'll play for the same reason Bogut would have.

No, once again, contenders don't make this kind of signing this late. There's no reason to. Really isn't that difficult to understand.

Apparently it is for some.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they sign a player at Boguts position, but it's not to hopefully fill his role?
That makes ZERO sense.
If that's the case, why not bring back Andy?
you think the Cavs think Larry Sanders is going to fill the role that Andrew Bogut would have- by playing meaningfull playoff minutes? I know Bogut would have- if anyone thinks Sanders is going to play meaningful playoff minutes like Bogut would have then they need to stop smoking crack. lol. theres no way- the guy hasnt played in YEARS!

4e9278edc7170b5908a81aaba3c737ab.jpg

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders>>Tristan

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think the Cavs think Larry Sanders is going to fill the role that Andrew Bogut would have- by playing meaningfull playoff minutes? I know Bogut would have- if anyone thinks Sanders is going to play meaningful playoff minutes like Bogut would have then they need to stop smoking crack. lol. theres no way- the guy hasnt played in YEARS!

4e9278edc7170b5908a81aaba3c737ab.jpg

Wouldn't it depend on opponent?
If its Warriors he may never see the court.
If it's Spurs, you better put some big body out there or you'll continue to get torched by real C's.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Sanders won't break his leg in the first minute of play time.