• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Larry Bird's stats at 30 vs Lebron's

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
corrie.gif
tumblr_lsgdfsFpCY1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, you like the whole GOAT bs. Fine. Baseball fans couldn't care less. It's a bunch of nonsense. Mike Trout is a guy you could start pumping up as potentially the GOAT baseball player when he's done because he's that fucking good but no serious baseball fan is going to consider that garbage because they know it's garbage. There's no point to it. Just watch the games.
Pun intended, you are out of your league. 90% of the Hall of Fame voting process is based on this exact premise. Comparing current eligibility players to their predecessors.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pun intended, you are out of your league. 90% of the Hall of Fame voting process is based on this exact premise. Comparing current eligibility players to their predecessors.

And that's based on people giving a shit about it. You're statement is idiotic. Do you hear people going play by play arguing "well he isn't the greatest ever because he missed that shot!"

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's based on people giving a shit about it. You're statement is idiotic. Do you hear people going play by play arguing "well he isn't the greatest ever because he missed that shot!"
That IS my point. You are making an assumption that the majority of baseball fans don't like to debate players? That is idiotic

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That IS my point. You are making an assumption that the majority of baseball fans don't like to debate players? That is idiotic

No, they debate current players in today's game. But for the most part they watch the games and the standings. You want to spin your wheels abut this bullshit then more power to you. It's a waste of time.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, you like the whole GOAT bs. Fine. Baseball fans couldn't care less. It's a bunch of nonsense. Mike Trout is a guy you could start pumping up as potentially the GOAT baseball player when he's done because he's that fucking good but no serious baseball fan is going to consider that garbage because they know it's garbage. There's no point to it. Just watch the games.

Why? Babe was the greatest of all time.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they debate current players in today's game. But for the most part they watch the games and the standings. You want to spin your wheels abut this bullshit then more power to you. It's a waste of time.
I am glad I have your consent. Me and 99% of baseball fans will rest easy tonight
4u6rypnsvxnw0rrwqi2whmqsp6polqiwl316.gif

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad I have your consent. Me and 99% of baseball fans will rest easy tonight
4u6rypnsvxnw0rrwqi2whmqsp6polqiwl316.gif

No, you're going to continue to go back and forth circle-jerking each other with your stupid arguments. And it's not enough that you do that. You think other people are stupid for not doing it.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you're going to continue to go back and forth circle-jerking each other with your stupid arguments. And it's not enough that you do that. You think other people are stupid for not doing it.
That's not a fair statement. I think you are stupid for a whole other reason

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol

There are hundreds of threads here that slap you right in the face on this.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and still passes it up when the game is on the line..... :)

But damn he had a game

Stop with that.

Hill had a layup if Klay didn't tackle him.

You would prefer it if James shot a step back back 3?

Jordan would have made that pass too. Kobe probably would have shot it, but Kobe was an ahole like that. The correct play was the pass to Hill.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Bird was a fucking Stud on the court and the GOAT of trash talk.

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have similar numbers and accolades but what separates the two is defense, and that's why I have LeBron over Larry.

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Bird was a fucking Stud on the court and the GOAT of trash talk.

Yup. I think Jordan even said that Bird and McHale were the biggest trash talkers he played against.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GOAT of trash talk

I went to many games. Bird would get going about 4 minutes into the 4th and he would literally not stop. Sometimes he would even point to where he was going and describe how he would take the shot to the other player..................and then do it

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's because baseball has too big of a history for that type of nonsense and it was alive and well before the whole ESPN talk show bullshit.

So, you're argument is that it's because baseball has been around longer?

Really?!?

The best pitchers in baseball effect the team once every what? 4 or 5 days? And that's only on the mound. In the American League, they don't bat, so they have no effect on the offense. Io, their effect is negligible at best.

How much do you think a guy like Lebron effects his teams offense?

The best everyday players bat 4 or 5 times per game on average. So, about once every couple of innings or so. They can play in the field and go several innings without having the ball hit to them. So, they can be the best player in baseball, but how much are they effecting the game defensively?

In basketball, they have to play defense too. So again, a much bigger effect on the outcome.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol.

Again, because Mike Trout doesn't have near the effect on a baseball game as a guy like Lebron does on a basketball game.

GOAT debates are purely for fun (at least for most folks). Most of us understand that there is no real answer. But it's still fun to debate and compare.

You can go with the "baseball fans are above the GOAT conversation" all you want. But the fact is, if a single baseball player made as much of a difference in the outcome of a game as a single basketball player can, baseball fans would be having the same type of conversations.

Also, if you put Mike Trout on the worst team in baseball, they might get what? 4 or 5 more wins?

If you put a guy like Lebron on the worst team in the NBA, that team is going to the playoffs.