• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Larry Bird's stats at 30 vs Lebron's

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to many games. Bird would get going about 4 minutes into the 4th and he would literally not stop. Sometimes he would even point to where he was going and describe how he would take the shot to the other player..................and then do it

I think it was in the Lakers/Celtics 30 for 30 where they were interviewing some Showtime era Lakers.

They talked about a shot he hit against them.

Whatever the case, he comes out on the court and tells the Lakers the play. Then they run the exact play and he ends up with a wide open shot.

The camera switches over to Byron Scott who's kind of chuckling and he says..."He. Told. Us. What. The. Play. Was." lol

My favorite Bird story though, is still when he walked into the locker room before the 3 point shooting contest, says "Which on of y'all is coming in 2nd?" and then wins the thing without taking off his warmup jacket.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe probably would have shot it, but Kobe was an ahole like that.

Stop it with that yourself. lol

Kobe passed to MWP for the shot that pretty well iced the Lakers last title.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and still passes it up when the game is on the line..... :)

But damn he had a game

Yeah he is only the most clutch player in playoff history, according to the stats. Yeah a lot of great players passed. Would we be talking about this if Hill hits a free throw. Fuck no. He passed it to Hill who was WIDE OPEN UNDER THE BASKET and he got grabbed. What is better than a wide open layup? The answer is nothing.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, you like the whole GOAT bs. Fine. Baseball fans couldn't care less. It's a bunch of nonsense. Mike Trout is a guy you could start pumping up as potentially the GOAT baseball player when he's done because he's that fucking good but no serious baseball fan is going to consider that garbage because they know it's garbage. There's no point to it. Just watch the games.

Comparing baseball to basketball is just dumb lol. First off, nobody is passing the Babe. Nobody. Bonds had a RIDICULOUS prime and he is behind the Babe. Just look at 1919 to 1932. 14 seasons of pure dominance. Like superhuman.

To make my point, baseball is about as much as a team sport as you can find. Basketball is the opposite. You have 10 players on the court. A player can carry a team, yeah they can only do so much but nothing compared to baseball.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they swapped Bird and LeBron, how successful would Bird be?

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Bird cry like a bitch when he got fouled too?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just happy I got to see all 3 play through their prime years and it's comforting to know there will probably be another insanely good player to churn up GOAT talk after Lebron retires.

Each era was different. Defenses (or lack there of) and officiating seem to change quite a bit in basketball over time. Also the overall league talent has some level of ebb and flow. Makes naming one overall greatest player kind of impossible.

Cavs are going to get destroyed in this series and it really doesn't matter. It's still a pleasure to watch what Lebron does and how effortless he makes it look when just purely dominating defenders.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he is only the most clutch player in playoff history, according to the stats. Yeah a lot of great players passed. Would we be talking about this if Hill hits a free throw. Fuck no. He passed it to Hill who was WIDE OPEN UNDER THE BASKET and he got grabbed. What is better than a wide open layup? The answer is nothing.

settle down sparky, just making a joke.... No need to get all up tight over this

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop with that.

Hill had a layup if Klay didn't tackle him.

You would prefer it if James shot a step back back 3?

Jordan would have made that pass too. Kobe probably would have shot it, but Kobe was an ahole like that. The correct play was the pass to Hill.

I am totally messing around man.... People are really uptight when it comes to LeBron

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We appreciate guys that win titles in Cleveland because it very rare.

yeah truly appreciated the guy the second he went to Miami with all those jersey burnings... :D

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am totally messing around man.... People are really uptight when it comes to LeBron

Besides what athletes ever want to play for Cleveland, only win they are winning. LeBron left a winning organization to go to a losing organization. He deserves extra appreciation for that.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides what athletes ever want to play for Cleveland, only win they are winning. LeBron left a winning organization to go to a losing organization. He deserves extra appreciation for that.

sure didn't show that extra appreciation when he left for Miami... But I get what you are saying

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 of the best small forwards ever. Very good comparison for sure here. For me it's Bird here ever so slightly.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just happy I got to see all 3 play through their prime years and it's comforting to know there will probably be another insanely good player to churn up GOAT talk after Lebron retires.

what i like it that each time the goat type is reinvented Each of these players from Chamberlin and Russell, now to Lebron and KD, each redefined a position.

Somebody is out there who will do it again It could be a 6-2 player or a 7-2 player could be a guard, forward or back to traditional center but at some point someone is coming who just refutes a stereo type