• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie Requests Trade from Cavs.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really holding out some glimmer of hope that Kyrie is heading to San Antonio, but I don't see it happening. That being said...I'd like to think their biggest competition to get him was New York, and now Melo apparently doesn't want to go to Cleveland since Kyrie requested a trade...so you can't swap them for each other and fulfill his wish at the same time. Knicks said they wouldn't trade Porzingis, so they've gotta almost definitely be out of the hunt, right?

One can hope, I guess. I think it's either Phoenix, Miami or SA at this point.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smush Parker

Also, there was a guy named Shaq, who you might have heard of who didn't get along with Kobe. So it wasn't necessarily Shaq who requested the trade, but more Kobe demanded Shaq be traded. So which is worse?

It's a common misconception that Kobe demanded Shaq to be traded. I know because I've made the same mistake. He was actually furious about it when that rumor started to spread around. He never wanted Shaq gone, Shaq wanted Shaq gone.

Reactions: LAD

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really holding out some glimmer of hope that Kyrie is heading to San Antonio, but I don't see it happening. That being said...I'd like to think their biggest competition to get him was New York, and now Melo apparently doesn't want to go to Cleveland since Kyrie requested a trade...so you can't swap them for each other and fulfill his wish at the same time. Knicks said they wouldn't trade Porzingis, so they've gotta almost definitely be out of the hunt, right?

You're right about that. It is what it is. The earth is flat...period!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Kyrie likes the idea of winning championships...he'll go to the Spurs.

If he just wants to be "the man"...he'll go someplace else.

As currently constructed, the Spurs have a punchers chance vs. the Warriors. With Kyrie, they have a solid chance, imo.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kyrie likes the idea of winning championships...he'll go to the Spurs.

If he just wants to be "the man"...he'll go someplace else.

As currently constructed, the Spurs have a punchers chance vs. the Warriors. With Kyrie, they have a solid chance, imo.

Agreed.

Problem is, he doesn't have a choice where he goes. Not for a couple more years, at least.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that.

The more I'm think about it, the Celts are probably best served to leave this whole thong alone.

Yeah I dont see the fit. If he was a 3 then I would be interested. His salary is reasonable, he has playoff talent but did you know he is 4 and 23 when playing on days w/o LBJ in the line up? Hmmmm

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I dont see the fit. If he was a 3 then I would be interested. His salary is reasonable, he has playoff talent but did you know he is 4 and 23 when playing on days w/o LBJ in the line up? Hmmmm
Yea and he's not enough of an improvement from Isaiah to give up any of the more valuable picks imo.

Speaking of Thomas, how do you feel about the Celts possibly maxing him out?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

Problem is, he doesn't have a choice where he goes. Not for a couple more years, at least.

True. There's also the issue of what the other team has to give up to get him.

For example imo, adding Kyrie gives the Spurs a solid chance vs. the Warriors, but if they have to give up too much to get him, then it doesn't really improve their chances. I don't see the Spurs doing a trade where they essentially "break even" and I don't see the Cavs giving up Kyrie without something fairly substantial in return. They'd probably have to get a 3rd team involved to make a Spurs trade happen.

The Cavs are in an interesting position. On the one hand, they don't absolutely have to trade Kyrie since they have him under contract for 2 more years.

On the other hand, do they really want to risk going into the season with a Kyrie who doesn't want to be there and who is feuding with Lebron?

Honestly, if I'm the Cavs, I'm trading him to the highest bidder...period. Since they have him under contract for the next 2 years and he doesn't have an NTC, I'm not even considering where he wants to go. His only leverage is being a pain in the ass until they trade him anyway. So why even consider what he wants unless the Cavs get the kind of return they're looking for?

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Thomas, how do you feel about the Celts possibly maxing him out?

Its a hot potato with me. I would never pay the max if I was not close to having a winning roster (meaning they can hide him on defense aka Curry). But the green do have a winning roster AND, he is a winner. I really think he is the heart of the team. I give him more than anyone else on the team for sure.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, if I'm the Cavs, I'm trading him to the highest bidder...period. Since they have him under contract for the next 2 years and he doesn't have an NTC, I'm not even considering where he wants to go. His only leverage is being a pain in the ass until they trade him anyway. So why even consider what he wants unless the Cavs get the kind of return they're looking for?

Agreed. Even if he does not perform well this year everyone will say its because its a bad situation. I wait and wait and wait

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a hot potato with me. I would never pay the max if I was not close to having a winning roster (meaning they can hide him on defense aka Curry). But the green do have a winning roster AND, he is a winner. I really think he is the heart of the team. I give him more than anyone else on the team for sure.

SELL. HIGH.

This team is not beating GS.

Send him out for a buttload of picks if you have to.

You're not winning a title if he's your best or 2nd best player.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait to see what happens when some team who doesn't have another legit superstar acquires him and winds up a 6 seed bounced in the first round. I love Kyrie, but he's a complimentary superstar, not a championship keystone.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SELL. HIGH.

This team is not beating GS.

Send him out for a buttload of picks if you have to.

You're not winning a title if he's your best or 2nd best player.

Perhaps. He certainly is a beter option than going after an ISO player

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps. He certainly is a beter option than going after an ISO player

He is an iso player.

Neither one is a franchise cornerstone.