• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie Requests Trade from Cavs.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the Cavs I think I take that. You get back a couple of 2-way players and have a chance to be a great defensive team.

Beverly/JR/LeBron/Love/DJ
With Korver, Rose, & TT coming off the bench.
That Love/DJ duo down low with TT off the bench would change things dramatically. Holy hell.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing Kyrie is better than Dragic defensively, though. I do think Kyrie is a once in a lifetime type of talent, and I wouldn't be surprised if he rose to the occasion. He basically threw the gauntlet at James' feet. James does have a tendency to blame the team around him when he fails.

Kind of reminds me of the Kobe-Shaq rivalry that was milked for ratings for years. Except, I don't think Kyrie is type of Robin James really wants right now. I think James is getting to a point in his career where he wants to be able to handle the ball less and still get the same type of ball movement.

First of all, Kyrie doesn't belong anywhere near a discussion about Lebron, Kobe and Shaq. As far as defense, both Kyrie and Dragic are bad, but Dragic is slightly better (106 vs 109 rating).

To me, Kyrie is more flash than substance.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, Kyrie doesn't belong anywhere near a discussion about Lebron, Kobe and Shaq. As far as defense, both Kyrie and Dragic are bad, but Dragic is slightly better (106 vs 109 rating).

To me, Kyrie is more flash than substance.
I agree with your points. I will also point out that to me another difference between the two is that Dragic has proven he can carry the weight as a leader on his team, whereas Kyrie hasn't done that yet.

If we look at Kyrie's sample size, both before LBJ went back, and since he's been there, Kyrie hasn't been able to string together enough wins as "the man".

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go Bledsoe, Warren, Chandler and a 1st for Kyrie and Shumpert. Don't think there's a way of prying Jackson or Booker away in any trade of Kyrie. Cavs get two solid pieces to help them contend and Chandler's mean streak to help the team. Also get Warren who's a really solid scoring option for them off the bench and a future first. Helps them immediately and in the future.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go Bledsoe, Warren, Chandler and a 1st for Kyrie and Shumpert. Don't think there's a way of prying Jackson or Booker away in any trade of Kyrie. Cavs get two solid pieces to help them contend and Chandler's mean streak to help the team. Also get Warren who's a really solid scoring option for them off the bench and a future first. Helps them immediately and in the future.

Why would the Cavs want Chandler ? (with Love & TT???) How would that help vs. the Ws ?

That would be dumb.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing Kyrie is better than Dragic defensively, though. I do think Kyrie is a once in a lifetime type of talent, and I wouldn't be surprised if he rose to the occasion. He basically threw the gauntlet at James' feet. James does have a tendency to blame the team around him when he fails.

Kind of reminds me of the Kobe-Shaq rivalry that was milked for ratings for years. Except, I don't think Kyrie is type of Robin James really wants right now. I think James is getting to a point in his career where he wants to be able to handle the ball less and still get the same type of ball movement.

giphy.gif

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most people that know me know I'm a Kobe homer. So here it goes....

I remember when people couldn't stop talking about how Kobe was such a bad team mate and nobody wanted to play with him.
Now we have Kyrie ACTUALLY SAYING he doesn't want to play with LBJ anymore. How many of Kobe's team mates went to the media trying to force a trade stating they don't want to play with Kobe as the reason for the demand?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Cavs want Chandler ? (with Love & TT???) How would that help vs. the Ws ?

That would be dumb.

Trying to simply get guys to match up with the Warriors is an impossible task. Especially with the market the way it is. The Cavs are trying to both rebuild and still stay competitive with the Irving trade. Chandler would help to bring a defensive presence to the middle and also add much needed front court depth. The Cavs don't have anyone past Love and TT. Frye is ok, but he's basically just a gunner as a 4. Chandler would bring them what they were hoping to get back in Bogut last year. He'll add a mean streak, rebound, block shots and finish at the rim.

Also Chandler is an ancillary piece, not a focal point. He's a bonus. You'd be trading the Shumpert contract who's got the same amount of years left as Chandler to get a guy who could produce for you and add depth. Warren being another perimeter player reduces the need for Shumpert.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most people that know me know I'm a Kobe homer. So here it goes....

I remember when people couldn't stop talking about how Kobe was such a bad team mate and nobody wanted to play with him.
Now we have Kyrie ACTUALLY SAYING he doesn't want to play with LBJ anymore. How many of Kobe's team mates went to the media trying to force a trade stating they don't want to play with Kobe as the reason for the demand?

Smush Parker

Also, there was a guy named Shaq, who you might have heard of who didn't get along with Kobe. So it wasn't necessarily Shaq who requested the trade, but more Kobe demanded Shaq be traded. So which is worse?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smush Parker

Also, there was a guy named Shaq, who you might have heard of who didn't get along with Kobe. So it wasn't necessarily Shaq who requested the trade, but more Kobe demanded Shaq be traded. So which is worse?

Shaq forced his way out by being a lazy, lard ass loud mouth. Calling out the owner on national TV to "pay me" is not the way to endear yourself to the team. Kobe is the polar opposite of Shaq, working hard all offseason to gain any advantage while Shaq would essentially go on vacation and wait to rehab "on company time".

Smush Parker? He was lucky to even be in the league.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smush Parker

Not quite. True they didn't get along, but Shaq didn't force a trade because of Kobe. He wanted out because Buss wouldn't max him out. Not same, same my friend.

And, :lol: at Smush Parker.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie is applying leverage at the right time in his career. I think the dude is smart

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie is applying leverage at the right time in his career. I think the dude is smart

I disagree. He thinks the Earth is flat. So how smart can he really be?