• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Knocking off #1 Teams

pedro3252

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn has a chance to defeat two top-ranked teams in the same season; has that ever been done before?

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like surely it has. but maybe not?

and these weren't early-in-the-season #1s that ended up finishing outside the top 15 (or top 25 completely)... this would be the last week of the regular season and BCS title game. would be quite an impressive feat.

when was the last time a team beat two teams that finished the season with 1 loss? if alabama and auburn both win their bowl games, that would also be a similarly impressive feat.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure the canes have. They made a living beating beating #1 teams and drinking the tears of teams with nc hopes.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn has a chance to defeat two top-ranked teams in the same season; has that ever been done before?

In 2000 Oklahoma defeated #1 Nebraska, #1 Kansas St., and #1 Texas in 3 consecutive weeks. Then went on to beat #1 Fsu for the Natty.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2000 Oklahoma defeated #1 Nebraska, #1 Kansas St., and #1 Texas in 3 consecutive weeks. Then went on to beat #1 Fsu for the Natty.

What rankings are you using?

It does not seem entirely accurate. From the AP, Kansas State was #2 at the time they played and Texas was #11, and Florida State was #3. Florida State was #2 in the final BCS poll.

Granted, beating #2 in the BCS title game seems just as impressive as beating #1. At least imo.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As I read that, I was like "wow, that's really cool" and then I got to the end and I was like "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkk you".

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I got an idea. Look it up and don't start a thread crying for attention. There are posts and threads all over these boards by Auburn fans that just shows what a little brother syndrome looks like. :nod: :laugh3:

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got an idea. Look it up and don't start a thread crying for attention. There are posts and threads all over these boards by Auburn fans that just shows what a little brother syndrome looks like. :nod: :laugh3:

He's a lurker, so that was probably his annual post.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

little brother just beat big brother.

little brother will be playing for a national championship this season. big brother will get to watch on tv.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

crying for attention? it was a pretty simple question.

and so far i haven't seen anyone show where a team beat 2 #1 teams at the time of the ranking yet. oklahoma in 2000 was close, but technically only nebraska was ranked #1 when they played.

the problem with this factoid is it is impossible to beat #1 if you are #1.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats bamatee. You are the most annoying bammer of them all. Enjoy the next 11 1/2 months of knowing Auburn beat Bama and knocked you out of the NC hunt.

Do you feel the goosebumps at 0:20 when you realize it's really happening?

Last edited by a moderator:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats bamatee. You are the most annoying bammer of them all. Enjoy the next 11 1/2 months of knowing Auburn beat Bama and knocked you out of the NC hunt.

Do you feel the goosebumps at 0:20 when you realize it's really happening?

That's a big time compliment coming from an Auburn fan and especially you! Thank you!!! :yahoo: It appears to really be bothering you aubs that the majority of the posters on these boards are not giving your program any respect.

Since they are not Alabama fans how does it feel when they all dog your program, call you lucky and a one trick pony? Yes, we would all love to be in the game but you are getting to see the perception of Auburn in the nations eyes. It doesn't appear you like it to much based on your posts! :whistle:

As for this years Iron Bowl I'm use to weird bullshit things happening down there so it doesn't bother me like you think. I post those holds, illegal pass play, etc for your benefit and it looks like that's working too! We'll be there again! Alabama = great program. Auburn= Lucky ass team having it's 15 minutes of fame.

Last edited by a moderator:

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike a lot of Bama fans, I don't generally wish Auburn ill-will, but some of the barner posters here make me want to.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida was ranked #1 when Bama beat them in 2009. Texas was ranked #2 for the 2009 BCSCG. They finished 2 and 3.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a big time compliment coming from an Auburn fan and especially you! Thank you!!! :yahoo: It appears to really be bothering you aubs that the majority of the posters on these boards are not giving your program any respect.

Since they are not Alabama fans how does it feel when they all dog your program, call you lucky and a one trick pony? Yes, we would all love to be in the game but you are getting to see the perception of Auburn in the nations eyes. It doesn't appear you like it to much based on your posts! :whistle:

As for this years Iron Bowl I'm use to weird bullshit things happening down there so it doesn't bother me like you think. I post those holds, illegal pass play, etc for your benefit and it looks like that's working too! We'll be there again! Alabama = great program. Auburn= Lucky ass team having it's 15 minutes of fame.

LOL @ you.

There was nothing lucky about the win over Alabama. Auburn was just a better football team when they lined up and played.

And lol @ posting (perceived) blown ref calls. I've posted the same for you to see. It went both ways... as it does in every game. Do you see Auburn fans still crying about that Missouri touchdown that wasn't reviewed when it clearly wasn't a touchdown? Of course not. They put it behind them. Because things happen.

Auburn will be playing in its 2nd BCS title game in 4 seasons. Just in case you were wondering, that's just as many as Alabama has played in during this dynasty (you know, the one where they haven't won the conference twice in a row).

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, Auburn is very found of quarterbacks that steal.

boxedlunch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A team has beaten a #1 team twice in the same season, only once:

College Football Trivia

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Since they are not Alabama fans how does it feel when they all dog your program,
call you lucky and a one trick pony? Yes, we would all love to be in the game but you are getting to see the perception of Auburn in the nations eyes. It doesn't appear you like it to much based on your posts! :whistle:

Comes across as a case of jelly if you ask me.