• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KLAY THOMPSON

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time wiggy mentions 'the king' I can't help but picture a Disney princess.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually MJ used to use stuff like this as motivation. Remember how he trash talked Bryan Russell in the finals? (or was it Byron?)

Bird is another one where 'exterior motivation' would sometimes set him off. (many, many examples)

MJ trash talked Russell and not the other way around. Russell didn't take some jab at Jordan, who then took it up another level.

On any given regular season game, there is no denying that extra motivation plays a role. But to suggest that a player wasn't playing up to his full ability from Minute 1 of Game 1 of the NBA finals to win a championship would be to suggest that they weren't fully invested. Not one Bulls fan would say that Jordan didn't completely want it, for whatever reason, the minute he stepped on the court for game 1. Wiggy is suggesting that Lebron played better after receiving a slight. That IMPLIES that Lebron wasn't giving it everything he had from the beginning. Which then begs the question: Why wasn't he?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time wiggy mentions 'the king' I can't help but picture a Disney princess.

considering the Dubs have already beaten him for a title and came within a (fill in the word) hair of beating him for the last one i doubt they're all that scared of the guy...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
considering the Dubs have already beaten him for a title and came within a (fill in the word) hair of beating him for the last one i doubt they're all that scared of the guy...

There isn;t a single person out there that will dispute lebron is a fantastic player, but he just doesn't have that killer-instinct MJ and Kobe had. Not even close.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehh, I mean no one likes to gets trash talked, but Iggy blowin out his back affected things moreso than Klay's trash talk

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually MJ used to use stuff like this as motivation. Remember how he trash talked Bryan Russell in the finals? (or was it Byron?)

Bird is another one where 'exterior motivation' would sometimes set him off. (many, many examples)
exactly....these people are using all their cliche bullshit that just doesnt make any sense in a real fashion. They just arent living in anything close to the real world.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also with Bogut going out as well...but in the end, Lebron was dropping those 40 pt gms. with or without Klay imo

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehh, I mean no one likes to gets trash talked, but Iggy blowin out his back affected things moreso than Klay's trash talk

Dray suspension as well but lets ignore all of these facts and act like LeBron found some hidden motivation

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dray suspension as well but lets ignore all of these facts and act like LeBron found some hidden motivation

Everyone forgets about Andre Iguodala's back injury too.

But I guess Lebron just got extra motivated.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should've let him play the 4th. Sportsmanship goes out the window for stuff like this. I don't care what you say. If I'm on the Pacers I would fully understand and not give one shit.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its just funny the double standard- Jordan does it- its mythical- LeBron does it- and why wasnt he trying as hard in the first place...smh.....the hypocrisy is astounding.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone forgets about Andre Iguodala's back injury too.

But I guess Lebron just got extra motivated.
well the fact that he couldnt get triple teamed because Kyrie was hobbled and or not playing and Love was not playing was a 1000% more important than Iggy's "back".

Iggy getting help on D, and LeBron not getting much help on O is what made Iggys performance possible....hence he was swatted away like a fly in the rematch when the GSW defense just couldnt load up on LeBron because the next best offensive options were JR Smith and timo Mozgov , lol.

funny when you have to worry about Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love- LeBron's efficiency all of a sudden sky rockets....hmmm....funny how that works huh?

Iman Shumpert and the Cavs defense could lock down Steph Curry if the best offensive weapons around Curry were Jamal Crawford and Robin Lopez and they could tilt the defense towards Curry and double or triple team him practically the entire game..

Ball Up All Star

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay Thompson was in the zone. Steve Kerr should have let him play the whole game, and give a chance to reach 80 or more points.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving and Love not playing is what led to LeBron's- while ridiculous numbers, reduced efficiency.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn;t a single person out there that will dispute lebron is a fantastic player, but he just doesn't have that killer-instinct MJ and Kobe had. Not even close.

Yes and no. I agree that his killer instinct isn't at the level of MJ or Kobe, but it's definitely gotten better. If the Lebron of 3-4 years ago was leading the Cavs last year, the Warriors win the series 4-1.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no. I agree that his killer instinct isn't at the level of MJ or Kobe, but it's definitely gotten better. If the Lebron of 3-4 years ago was leading the Cavs last year, the Warriors win the series 4-1.

Yeah to say he doesn't have killer instinct is a ridiculous claim. Ever since 2012 he's been extremely clutch with a damn good killer instinct

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ trash talked Russell and not the other way around. Russell didn't take some jab at Jordan, who then took it up another level.

Nope. When Jordan was playing baseball, Russell told him to come back and play bball ... and that he (Russell) could shut him (MJ) down.

As the finals started 2-3 years later, Jordan said "now you get your chance."

Jordan hit the series winner over Russell.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. When Jordan was playing baseball, Russell told him to come back and play bball ... and that he (Russell) could shut him (MJ) down.

its LeBron though- there is a double standard- dont you know that?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, but there's a difference using motivation at the start of the finals and mid-series. That's where the discussion about this is. Everything about Jordan said he was ready minute 1.

Lets put it this way, if during game 4 of a series, Russell talked smack to Jordan, do you think Jordan could have played better than he was already playing? Meaning that he truly wasn't giving it 100% from the start?