• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kinsler for Fielder?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Detroit needs a first baseman. What about Moreland + for Tuisasopo?

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss pudge. :pout:

Should have NEVER worn another uniform. Still a scar for me as my favorite Ranger of all time. Tho I am glad he got a ring. Not sure if he would have been around for the 2010 run if things never broke.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pudge and jose what a team.

he wasa cancer in Detroit. he under minded Trammel every way he could.
the 1st year of the new drug policy..he should up at spring training 30 pounds lighter..he wouldn't answer the press about how he lost that much weight in such a short time.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenny Rogers was pretty damn great in 2006 as well. I know Rangers fans love that dude.

True, he was huge during that still unbelievable run in '06. Never would have thought Kenny'd have a season like he did. Pudge(along with Vina) opened up the door for other vets to see Detroit as a legitimate FA destination. Always grateful for that. (Doug does have a point though. The team turned on Tram in '05. #3 got the screw job so Leyland could be brought in, IMO)

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, he was huge during that still unbelievable run in '06. Never would have thought Kenny'd have a season like he did. Pudge(along with Vina) opened up the door for other vets to see Detroit as a legitimate FA destination. Always grateful for that. (Doug does have a point though. The team turned on Tram in '05. #3 got the screw job so Leyland could be brought in, IMO)

I think in the long run that worked out for the best. Smokes oversaw some great teams. The Ausmus hire will be interesting. Hope for his sake that they respond to him. You guys already have one of the best pitching coaches in the game though. They should still be solid there.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fielder for Kinsler blockbuster is agreed to - CBSSports.com

Not sure if goes through, but if it does, what do you think? Personally, I'm pretty excited by the prospect, since we'd get to keep Elvis and Profar, while presumably adding some much needed RBIs and protection for Beltre.

great deal for the Tigers....Fielder's contract is going to be the worst in MLB in 2015 and beyond...great job by the Tigers GM to realize the mistake in signing Fielder.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. Cruz may well be one of the better. Options out there. If the lineup looks like this.

LF Rios
SS Andrus
DH/1b Fielder
3b Beltre
RF Cruz
DH/1B Moreland
C Soto
2b Profar
CF Martin/Gentry

We can afford to have Soto as our full time catcher so while I'd like to add McCann he wouldn't be an absolute must have.

Fielder #3? with Beltre #4?....as long as you realize your best hitter would, by far, will be in the 4th spot...then knock yourself out.

Thisnamewasntaken

Formerly from ESPN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so happy right now!! I love this move!! AND we keep Profar. Here I was waiting for M's to make some splash and Rangers come out of left field. With the Seahawks doing what they're doing these are some happy times.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Seems to me that Kins is quite an upgrade.

IK is better on the best paths but hitting wise Omar Infante has had a very under rated career. He is a lifetime .279 hitter with a little pop. And does not have a history of injuries. minus the ankle Rasmus fucked up with a dirty slide.

Don't get me wrong I like IK and him being able to be a leadoff hitter only increases his value to Detroit. But if his ribs and side are an issue with his price tag, Infante could be the better player. Detroit needs salary space in the worst way with Scherzer and Miggy coming up in the next few years.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the move. Temporarily solves the MIF logjam that was going on......while strengthening a "hole" in the lineup (1b/dh).

Dont like the money aspect of the deal - but I dont believe he will be here all 7 years. IMO. Would be shocked if he was.

Also, IMO.. JD finally got the 1B he wanted a few years ago....but I think Nolan (& others) denied his signing. With Nolan gone... and JD "in charge"... he got his man.