• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kiko Alonso for Lesean McCoy

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the eagles were going to cut mccoy. any return is solid. a young, talented LB is a steal for them.

the bills need a QB. until they get one, whoever is running is worthless.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCoy is not happy. Good luck Buffalo.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I mean by scheme fit is Chip Kelly likes a running back that will get north to south in a hurry. From what I have read Chip Kelly was not liking the fact that McCoy would do a ton of dancing in the backfield. Kelly's system is based on the fact that you keep getting positive yards every single play making the whole playbook open on every single play. Those negative plays really put a wrench in his system and that to me is why he just was not a big fan of McCoy even though he produced better than most.

Now I agree RB is a position you should not overpay for. On an NFL team it might be the considered the least priority of any position that is not a FB. So then paying top dollar doesn't make much sense. At the same time they had the money, don't have to pay a ton for the quarterback position, and this gives them one of the few players in the league not a quarterback that can be the face of the franchise and do quite a bit for them offensively.

I'm not saying this is a huge win for either team per say but I also don't think this was the worst thing either team could have done. If I was leaning one way or the other I honestly would say the Eagles got the better end of the deal. They get a potential player who can be top-5 at his position at linebacker at a very nice rate and they get some nice cap relief to then go out and sign a player that better fits what they are wanting to do.

Scheme...I agree that negative plays hurt the offense...really any OFC. My point was...Kelly might not like his style, but at the end of the day his stats were top 3 in the NFL...proof that he was effective in the scheme. I just think Kelly wanted less cap money spent on that position and from that angle it's hard to push back on that.

In terms of who got the better end of it...I agree...it looks to favor the Eagles, we'll have to see this season. For BUF...I get it, but I see it as a short term deal. Shady will not likely play out that contract (as drawn up) in BUF.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4.2 YPC, cap hit, and a deep RB draft. Why trade Kiko for McCoy when you can draft Coleman? The Bills' uncelebrated run game averaged an inspiring... 4.2 YPC. Not a fan for trading for RB's.

The Bills don't have cap problems. They can easily bring back Hughes.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's moreso a Marcell Dareus thing than Hughes. Might be difficult to pay both of them.

They can always pay one of the young Dlinemen with old Mario Williams money. I just don't see them in enough cap trouble to not be able to keep their young players.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly it moose, we need to prepare for a Dareus contract. Hughes is good, and could get a pay day, but he was freed up on the line with Williams, Dareus and Mario getting attention. Not like he's an elite DE.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather we get Searcy back.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper, the deal doesn't make much sense for the Eagles. There had to have been some kind of behind the scenes locker room issues with McCoy.

It's not a major secret,

He ( McCoy) was to picky on hitting a hole last year,
6yrs in and he still carries the ball to careless,

Honestly its a great trade for the Eagles, he was looking at a big payday and it frees up cap space and helps a defense that needs a huge upgrade....

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the advanced stats from last year, CJ Spiller fell off a cliff. McCoy was arguably the best RB in the league in 2011 and 2013 but very average in 2012 and 2014. The Bills fill a very obvious need without really hurting their defense which was great last year.

There is actually no evidence that Alonzo is a player that improves the Bills defense. Their pass defense was slightly worse without him but their run defense was much better. Obviously there are other factors involved but the Bills didnt need him.

The Bills win the trade for sure. The Eagles might get what they want out of it but Im skeptical.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the Cards' coach, a Philly native who is butthurt the Eagles did not hire him, the Cards fans seem butthurt for some reason about Chip Kelly and what he is doing. Only in their case it makes zero rational sense.

I think I'd worry about your QB situation and own lack of a dependable RB before casting stones. Arians btw reportedly said on the radio this morning that he knew Shady was available but did not deem him a good fit for Arizona.
Lol. the only one who sounds butthurt is you. I am anything but "butthurt". I hope the Eagles get rid of all their skill position players.

Also, I will worry about the Cardinals QB situation. But considering this is a thread about the EAGLES TRADING MCCOY, I won't bring it up here.

The reason Arians said he did not think McCoy was a good fit for AZ is because he is not a good fit for AZ. They already have a shifty back that catches the ball out of the backfield.

BTW - I'm sure Arians is really upset the Eagles didn't hire him. :L

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the advanced stats from last year, CJ Spiller fell off a cliff. McCoy was arguably the best RB in the league in 2011 and 2013 but very average in 2012 and 2014. The Bills fill a very obvious need without really hurting their defense which was great last year.

There is actually no evidence that Alonzo is a player that improves the Bills defense. Their pass defense was slightly worse without him but their run defense was much better. Obviously there are other factors involved but the Bills didnt need him.

The Bills win the trade for sure. The Eagles might get what they want out of it but Im skeptical.

I would say PHI off the cuff, but I can't say with any degree of confidence who won on this deal...that said, 3rd in rushing and 1300+ yds is not very avg imo...at the same time...it's pretty clear that Kelly was grasping for whatever he could get...you typically never see a team trade for a player that missed the entire previous season due to injury.

The biggest thing Eagle fans can really point to is the bloated contract now being in BUF.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say PHI off the cuff, but I can't say with any degree of confidence who won on this deal...that said, 3rd in rushing and 1300+ yds is not very avg imo...at the same time...it's pretty clear that Kelly was grasping for whatever he could get...you typically never see a team trade for a player that missed the entire previous season due to injury.

The biggest thing Eagle fans can really point to is the bloated contract now being in BUF.
The Bills are better off for sure. The Eagles can salvage the trade if they use the money wisely.

If you're thinking about odds, Shady is probably a top 5 RB for 2-3 years and then an overpaid one once he is past 30. You take that chance every time if you are a team with a great D and no QB.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's the thing. McCoy had an off year last year and still finished 3rd in the league in rushing with over 1300 yards. He is a 26 year old top tier running back who can catch the ball out of the backfield while being in the prime of his career. You could make the argument his cap number was too big, but to me, those are the kind of guys you try and restructure. If he was unhappy and unwilling to restructure, then I get it.

Either way, if Eagle fans think they are just going to replace him and get the same production, they are crazy. That just doesn't happen.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wonder how long people are going to debate the trade when, again, the eagles were just going to cut mccoy loose like they did with jackson. it's an automatic win that they found someone willing to give up anything, let alone a young player with potential.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills are better off for sure. The Eagles can salvage the trade if they use the money wisely.

If you're thinking about odds, Shady is probably a top 5 RB for 2-3 years and then an overpaid one once he is past 30. You take that chance every time if you are a team with a great D and no QB.

Well...that's my point...Barring injury the Bills will almost certainly get more production from McCoy than PHI will from Alonso this season...but if PHI ends up with a Byron Maxwell as one of their fans hoped...this thing could swing much more in the Eagles favor.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wonder how long people are going to debate the trade when, again, the eagles were just going to cut mccoy loose like they did with jackson. it's an automatic win that they found someone willing to give up anything, let alone a young player with potential.
It's not about the trade as much as it is losing McCoy. Or, if you prefer, getting rid of McCoy.

Especially if this doesn't work out.
Jeremy Maclin, Eagles not close on new contract, per report - Bleeding Green Nation

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they had just cut a top 5 player at his position...is the team somehow better? imo no. What makes this a win imo is what they can potentially do with the cap money.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then we should debate the competency of your front office who is dismantling a yearly contender