• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kiko Alonso for Lesean McCoy

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch has as many rings as Legarrette Blount, signed by the Pats for the veterans' minimum.

Why do you guys keep using the Tom Brady's to try to make a point about other teams that don't have the Tom Brady? That's just dumb.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCoy was getting too cute with all his unnecessary spins, jukes and fake outs. He thought he was playing Madden or something. Instead of tucking the ball in and getting those extra yards... He was always trying to do some finesse move to make a big play when it only made things worse. There were so many times where he was running BACKWARDS in the wrong direction. You don't do that as a Running Back. That's an obvious sign that your RB is trying to do too much. Also, he was always running with The ball like it was a water bottle and was just swing his arm everywhere so defenders could just snatch it from him. He was playing too recklessly and tried way too hard to make big plays.

Wow chip is an idiot for giving Shady the ball 300 times if all he did was go backwards. I'll have to rewatch the tape. I could have sworn that was +1300 yards rushing, more than everyone except two guys.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm stunned.....The Eagles just got rid of one of the best offensive weapons in the league for a player that is coming off an ACL injury? Don't get me wrong, a healthy Alonso is one of the best defensive players in this league, but we don't know if he will be the same or be healthy. We'll have to see how that works for them there. But what about their offense now? Doesn't seem like they want to pay Maclin what he wants, and who knows how he's feeling right now? And who's left to carry the ball for them? 31 year old Darren Sproles? Chris Polk? That's laughable and unacceptable for a team built on the run.

I read through the thread and the internet and saw quite a few calling for a trade up for Mariota? What the hell? You do realize you have a very good QB right? Nick Foles: 46 TDs, 17 INTs? What the hell is everyone thinking here? None of this makes any sense. One of the most questionable moves I've seen in a long time. The Bills are getting away like thieves here. All they had to do was hand away someone that had no part in their amazing defensive showing last year. And now they have someone in their prime to carry their offense. Now they can focus on free agency and build up their O line and resign who they need.

This is great for the Bills. Rex Ryan had the Jets in the AFC title game twice with Mark Sanchez. I'm sure he can do the same thing with Matt Cassel. Look at the Bills roster and tell me it doesn't mirror those Jets teams. The only thing they are missing is the O line the Jets had, which can still be addressed. I think the Bills are now the clear cut #2 in the AFC East unless the Dolphins make a big splash as well. As for the Eagles....I have no clue. the NFC East has proven to be wild and up for grabs every year, so at least they can say they can compete for the division. But at this point, who knows what's going to happen with them? They could be a completely different looking team a few months from now.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baffling trade, on both sides. At least that's how I see it..

What team really wouldnt want a back like McCoy? But the Eagles offense is just about perfect for him. Buffalo's, with Rex Ryan, is not (at least in past experience). And Eagles are getting a player who's had two knee surgeries. Potential for sure. But giving up a proven commodity at RB. But gaining a big chunk of change, and a salary cap benefit.

Understandable as well, on certain points, for both sides. But in the end, just a head-scratcher.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, a healthy Alonso is one of the best defensive players in this league

He played one season bro. So far he appears to be 'good' but there's plenty of ILBs I'd take over him and that's just the LBer position. I could easily list 50 defensive players (not going to mind you) that are better than him. He's like the 5th best defensive player on the Bills had he stuck around.

Yah he's decent at coverage, but when you have the most ridiculous front 4 in the league rushing QBs, it makes it a bit easier. He'll tank in Philly.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Philly fan, but Shady just didn't seem like that good of a fit in Chip's offense. He was supposed to have a huge season, and it ended up being merely average. RB's are easy to replace, a Pro Bowl linebacker is not. Kiko was an absolute beast in his rookie year. I think Philly clearly got the better deal. McCoy is 50% talk and about 50% production. Being able to average above 4.2 YPC only 3 times in 6 seasons is not elite by any stretch. His 2010 and 2013 seasons seem to be outliers. We keep hearing how he was going to burst, but that never really happened. I love what the Eagles did here. The won playoff games in the 2000's because of a crazy good defense. It's time they started building it back up.

The Eagles, more than anything, need the Titans #2 pick!!!! :hope:

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Philly fan, but Shady just didn't seem like that good of a fit in Chip's offense.

???

Shady is the best open field runner in the NFL. Chip's system is all about space. Seemed like a match made in heaven IMO.

This move is going to come back and bite Kelly in the ass IMO if he doesn't find a really good replacement. The only reason his system has worked IMO is the running game.

It is going to be damn interesting to see if Chip is crazy and thinks he can plug just any old RB into his system and make it work or if he did this with the idea of drafting one the young stud RB's early in the upcoming draft.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone that thinks Chip might be crazy and also someone that loves Shady let me just say that in no way is Shady Chip's preferred style of runner. Chip has talked in the past about the time from the mesh/handoff to the hole being consistent from play to play, and a lesser talented runner can do that more often than Shady did.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone that thinks Chip might be crazy and also someone that loves Shady let me just say that in no way is Shady Chip's preferred style of runner. Chip has talked in the past about the time from the mesh/handoff to the hole being consistent from play to play, and a lesser talented runner can do that more often than Shady did.

Bobby Ross used to criticize Barry Sanders for not hitting holes fast holes fast enough too and actually one season tried to change up his running style and had him running behind a FB.

Some talent you just let do what they do. Shady falls into that category IMO (obviously not quite the magnitude of Sanders).

That said: I wonder if Shady is going to fit into Ryan's power run system well at all. This actually might be a trade where everyone loses a little bit.

Macho Grande

Would Sacrifice You In An Emergency
The Magumba Bar in Drambuie, off the Barbary Coast
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B_WLbHHUIAAlZoh.png

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at the Osi dart board

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I just got to wondering why Kelly is getting the third degree for trading his stud RB, yet you hear hardly a word about the team they will battling for the division , the Cowboys, letting their stud RB just walk away. At least the Eagles got a player that be of use and some cap relief that will allow them to address other areas of need.

Any thoughts about this?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the Cowboys let the NFL's leading rusher walk in free agency, and you are not hearing a thing. This is just people hating on Chip, who seems to really make some people insecure.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played one season bro. So far he appears to be 'good' but there's plenty of ILBs I'd take over him and that's just the LBer position. I could easily list 50 defensive players (not going to mind you) that are better than him. He's like the 5th best defensive player on the Bills had he stuck around.

Yah he's decent at coverage, but when you have the most ridiculous front 4 in the league rushing QBs, it makes it a bit easier. He'll tank in Philly.

I dont see why you think he will tank in Philly? THe Eagles have several holes (OLB, Safety, 2 CB's, RG, WR, RB) but they have an excellent DLine with Fletcher Cox being an emerging superstar (2nd team All Pro).

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of day it will be about how good both teams are in replacing these RB. You always hear how replaceable RBs are now a days. We shall see how this works out. I suspect it's harder then most believe, but it will be interesting seeing if Chip system or the Cowboys OL makes the biggest difference.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I see both working. Philly still has a pretty good o-line too, though it is getting older.

Both teams will replace their backs, and be fine.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I see both working. Philly still has a pretty good o-line too, though it is getting older.

Both teams will replace their backs, and be fine.
Perhaps, but it's harder then commonly believed IMO. Also who between the two comes out better? It's going to matter.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly is a fucking genius. Sure McCoy was 3rd in rushing yards, but of the 17 players that had 200 carries only 4 averages less ypc. He had the 2nd most carries in the league, which was why he had so many yards. His 5 TD's was good for tied for 23rd, he only caught 28 passes last year. For comparison if you gave Justin Forsett 312 carries he gets 1684 yards, Jeremy Hill gets 1591, etc. Hell CJ2K averaged more ypc than McCoy. He will be 27 when the season starts and RB's don't take long to go downhill after that. They also shed what 12 mil a year? This was an amazing trade by Kelly.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the hole isn't exactly where it should be, McCoy dances around too much.