• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kiko Alonso for Lesean McCoy

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this backfires on Whaley after already giving up a 4th not long ago for another RB in Bryce Brown, he is going to get run out of Buffalo really fast. 9-7 might look decent after being so bad for so long, but the fans are going to want more eventually.

Watkins trade: Win now move

Trade Alonso for McCoy: Win now move

Trading a 4th for a RB: Win now move

Buffalo MUST win or face hell, or at least the FO. I tend to think Rex is safe, and will survive a good amount of time even if the FO gets canned in a doomsday scenario. If the poor guy could just get a QB worth a box of rocks...

I disagree. Trading up to get a WR that you think will be a stud for 10 years is not a win now move. They would have signbed a high priced FA if that was there plan. Trading a 4th for Brown may not have been smart, but it also wasn't a win now move. Even McCoy is still a young guy, but I can see the thought pattern more withthat example. Get ready with Rex. He is impulsive and chases every big name out there. I'm sure he's making his case for Harris right now and I would be very surprised if he isn't a Bill by the middle of next week.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Ray Rice fit the style of back that Chip utilizes in his system? If so, he could probably sign him if he doesn't find what he needs. And, at a reasonable price.

Ray Rice from 5 years ago, yes. Ray Rice today? No.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I just got to wondering why Kelly is getting the third degree for trading his stud RB, yet you hear hardly a word about the team they will battling for the division , the Cowboys, letting their stud RB just walk away. At least the Eagles got a player that be of use and some cap relief that will allow them to address other areas of need.

Any thoughts about this?

Dallas is fighting hard to keep their franchise RB and franchise WR despite it being incredibly difficult because of their money situation. And they are making these hard choices about offensive playmakers with one of the best OL's in the game in place with a really solid QB at the helm.

Phili moved their franchise RB at a time that their best WR is a UFA and reportedly not even in the same ballpark as Phili in terms of a new deal while they have a really questionable QB situation.

Obviously we have to see how the offseason plays out as it really hasn't even started yet. But it really looks at this point where Dallas is going to come out of this offseason with their same offense in place from last year that won them the division. Whereas Phili might come out of the offseason with their only 2 legit vet playmakers off the team on a team that missed the playoffs. These are not really that comparable of situations.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously we have to see how the offseason plays out as it really hasn't even started yet. But it really looks at this point where Dallas is going to come out of this offseason with their same offense in place from last year that won them the division. Whereas Phili might come out of the offseason with their only 2 legit vet playmakers off the team on a team that missed the playoffs. These are not really that comparable of situations.

The Cowboys really have flown past the Eagles since Chip has been here.

The Eagles lost three of their last four games. The Cowboys won their last four games.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys really have flown past the Eagles since Chip has been here.

The Eagles lost three of their last four games. The Cowboys won their last four games.

Maybe you should become a Cowboys fan!

Btw, Mark Sanchez was the QB down the stretch for Philly, after Foles got hurt, in case you forgot. Might have played a role...

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing to keep in mind about Alonzo -

in 2013, he played pretty much every down at MLB. The team finished near the bottom of the league in rushing yards allowed. The front 4 was essentially the same as 2014. Before the coaching change and switch to 3-4, rumor was that Alonzo was going to get moved to OLB.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should become a Cowboys fan!

Btw, Mark Sanchez was the QB down the stretch for Philly, after Foles got hurt, in case you forgot. Might have played a role...
kinda like Chip's lone win against Dallas to take the east.
No Romo and it factored.

part of the game :suds:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez stunk.....point blank
Even a semi-decent QB like Foles brings them the 2014 NFC east title.

The Eagles were cruising at (7-2) with a competent QB then cratered by the human turnover machine Sanchez.
Its a confidence thing that infects the whole team. Without a strong leader at QB, everyone starts making mistakes as well.

The EAGLES fell apart because Sanchez sucked and the defense wasn't strong enough to contain the mistakes
CHip realized this fatal flaw and is making moves to protect against it happening again.

The Eagles are making all these moves to improve DEFENSE + QUARTERBACK
That is smart. It gets fans butthurt (because of gaudy fantasy stats), but it is the only way to possibly win.

At the end of the day, Maclin, Jackson, and McCoy have no 11 win seasons and no playoff wins together after 5 seasons of being lauded as superstar diffrence makers.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that comment was a little off...I'm not going to say he is going to tank in Philly, but I've never seen a guy with so little experience and coming off a major injury get so much better just by getting traded...

I agree with you most often Jarntt but not on this. Alonso came in 2nd in rookie of the year voting and made ESPN top 100 players list. He was thought of very highly before the trade.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is fighting hard to keep their franchise RB and franchise WR despite it being incredibly difficult because of their money situation. And they are making these hard choices about offensive playmakers with one of the best OL's in the game in place with a really solid QB at the helm.

Phili moved their franchise RB at a time that their best WR is a UFA and reportedly not even in the same ballpark as Phili in terms of a new deal while they have a really questionable QB situation.

If they lose their stud RB that's hardly the same offense as last year. As for Maclin resigning. trading McCoy may just make it possible. So really not that different then the Cowboys situation.