• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kiko Alonso for Lesean McCoy

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:

Well Kelly will look like a genius or a frickn whack job after this season plays out.......

Either way he's got some balls making this move.....

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it's too much for a RB on the downside of his career Ck2K made the same excuses that people did for McCoy did last year. Also there are reports he isn't happy and will make a problem for the Bills so that means they will end up trading him away for like a 4th in about 2 months.

My big fear is that the Bills sober up before next week and nix this deal!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is really a good trade for the Bills.

Their defense was great last year. They didn't lose anything from the defense and they added a top 5 rusher to a weak offense.

Just have to figure out QB now. Not a Rex specialty, but maybe someone there can figure something out.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is really a good trade for the Bills.

Their defense was great last year. They didn't lose anything from the defense and they added a top 5 rusher to a weak offense.

Just have to figure out QB now. Not a Rex specialty, but maybe someone there can figure something out.

If Hughes doesn't come back, this looks pretty bad, imo. We'll see though.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The EAGLES had the exact same record with/without Jackson....and zero playoff wins with him.
Had shitty ass Sanchez not went (3-4) as a backup, the Eagles make the playoffs again.
Take away any starter, and teams usually struggle a bit.

They did not franchise Maclin because he is close to signing a cap friendly deal.

The offense is the LEAST GIMMICKY and simplest in the entire league.
The Patriots do the exact same thing...but only a bit quicker.

They run a basic easy to understand offense QUICKLY. It is not complicated or gimmicky.
They just snap the ball fast. But, the plays are extraordinarily basic plays.

The EAGLES needed a corneback and linebacker more than anything else.
They believe they got a linebacker while freeing up 50 million to improve a horrible secondary.
This may be true, but did they have any quality wins against teams with winning records this year? The Eagles got rid of their top two skill position players on offense and the only thing they have to show for it is a Linebacker with knee issues coming of an ACL injury. If Kiko comes back 100% and plays like a top tier LB then the trade of McCoy will have been equal because they gave up a top tier RB to obtain him.

BTW- why do some people get so defensive when you call the Eagle offense a gimmick? It is the spread offense that came from the college ranks. In the NFL it is a Gimmick. And the Patriots don't run the same offense. However, even if they did, they have a QB that can execute it. The Eagles don't.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the Cards' coach, a Philly native who is butthurt the Eagles did not hire him, the Cards fans seem butthurt for some reason about Chip Kelly and what he is doing. Only in their case it makes zero rational sense.

I think I'd worry about your QB situation and own lack of a dependable RB before casting stones. Arians btw reportedly said on the radio this morning that he knew Shady was available but did not deem him a good fit for Arizona.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Hughes doesn't come back, this looks pretty bad, imo. We'll see though.

Why wouldn't he come back?

Kiko wasn't even on the 2014 defense and they were one of the best in the league against the run and pass.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wouldn't he come back?

Kiko wasn't even on the 2014 defense and they were one of the best in the league against the run and pass.
He's not tagged, if he feels he can get a better offer in FA, he can. He was one of the better players in the league, so it's not at all implausible he leaves. Situation is worth monitoring, imo.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not tagged, if he feels he can get a better offer in FA, he can. He was one of the better players in the league, so it's not at all implausible he leaves. Situation is worth monitoring, imo.

Well okay but what's that have to do with this deal?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a decent trade for both teams. For the Eagles they unload one of their biggest contracts on the team and a player that the HC didn't feel fit the offensive scheme that he was trying to run. This gives them the ability to then go out and sign another marque player with the money saved. Throw in then they get a young up and coming star in Kiko that if he can stay healthy this could end up being a major steal for them.

On the other side of it the Bills get a face of the franchise type player and somebody who can pretty much do it all from the RB position. Really with Kiko injured this past year they did pretty darn good on defense so at this point he is more of a luxury than a need on the team.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well okay but what's that have to do with this deal?
4.2 YPC, cap hit, and a deep RB draft. Why trade Kiko for McCoy when you can draft Coleman? The Bills' uncelebrated run game averaged an inspiring... 4.2 YPC. Not a fan for trading for RB's.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4.2 YPC, cap hit, and a deep RB draft. Why trade Kiko for McCoy when you can draft Coleman? The Bills' uncelebrated run game averaged an inspiring... 4.2 YPC. Not a fan for trading for RB's.

I think this is more the Bills getting a face of the franchise type player. Obviously nobody at quarterback can be that for them and without their 1st round pick they can't so this gives them that face of the franchise that fans can rally around. I know that is not a good reason to trade for a player but it does give them as a team some direction of what they want to accomplish. I'm betting they go out and draft that ground and pound guy to pair with McCoy and the Bills will be one of the top-5 in rushing attempts this next season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a decent trade for both teams. For the Eagles they unload one of their biggest contracts on the team and a player that the HC didn't feel fit the offensive scheme that he was trying to run. This gives them the ability to then go out and sign another marque player with the money saved. Throw in then they get a young up and coming star in Kiko that if he can stay healthy this could end up being a major steal for them.

On the other side of it the Bills get a face of the franchise type player and somebody who can pretty much do it all from the RB position. Really with Kiko injured this past year they did pretty darn good on defense so at this point he is more of a luxury than a need on the team.

I don't buy the scheme fit part, he produced well the last 2 yrs in Philly...the positive for the Eagles, for the majority of teams, it just doesn't make sense to have that much cap space tied up in a RB...it doesn't matter how good he is.

For the Bills...much like SEA for the last few yrs...they can afford to over pay a RB b/c the QB position is not making a ton...the positive imo...it take some pressure off the QB position this season and if it doesn't work, they're not really saddled with that huge contract if they need to release him.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper, the deal doesn't make much sense for the Eagles. There had to have been some kind of behind the scenes locker room issues with McCoy.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been screwed up for 20 years Steve, I'm not scared of Rex.
Bills fans are about to enter into a world of screwed unknown to most professional sports teams. A world populated by the likes of Cleveland, Tim Tebow, Jamarcus Rusell and Ryan Leaf......and of course the whole Ryan family.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cdumler7, you say it's a deep RB draft? You don't think a LB is easy to find for Rex? And I think Shady is worth five million more than Spiller...as should everyone.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy the scheme fit part, he produced well the last 2 yrs in Philly...the positive for the Eagles, for the majority of teams, it just doesn't make sense to have that much cap space tied up in a RB...it doesn't matter how good he is.

For the Bills...much like SEA for the last few yrs...they can afford to over pay a RB b/c the QB position is not making a ton...the positive imo...it take some pressure off the QB position this season and if it doesn't work, they're not really saddled with that huge contract if they need to release him.

What I mean by scheme fit is Chip Kelly likes a running back that will get north to south in a hurry. From what I have read Chip Kelly was not liking the fact that McCoy would do a ton of dancing in the backfield. Kelly's system is based on the fact that you keep getting positive yards every single play making the whole playbook open on every single play. Those negative plays really put a wrench in his system and that to me is why he just was not a big fan of McCoy even though he produced better than most.

Now I agree RB is a position you should not overpay for. On an NFL team it might be the considered the least priority of any position that is not a FB. So then paying top dollar doesn't make much sense. At the same time they had the money, don't have to pay a ton for the quarterback position, and this gives them one of the few players in the league not a quarterback that can be the face of the franchise and do quite a bit for them offensively.

I'm not saying this is a huge win for either team per say but I also don't think this was the worst thing either team could have done. If I was leaning one way or the other I honestly would say the Eagles got the better end of the deal. They get a potential player who can be top-5 at his position at linebacker at a very nice rate and they get some nice cap relief to then go out and sign a player that better fits what they are wanting to do.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cdumler7, you say it's a deep RB draft? You don't think a LB is easy to find for Rex? And I think Shady is worth five million more than Spiller...as should everyone.

I think Rex can do more with very little on defense than most in the league so yes I think he can find a linebacker and do just fine. I also think he got a franchise type player for a guy that I would say was expendable to them considering even though he missed most of the year the defense was very dominant.

Like I said in my post above I think both teams benefit from this type of deal. There are good and bad for both teams with doing this. For the Bills they get one of the most dominant offensive playmakers in the league and somebody who can make it a bit easier on whoever is starting at quarterback and did this all by getting rid of a guy that was expendable anyway. For the Eagles they clear up some cap space and get a guy that could be a major centerpiece of their defense for the next 5-10 years.

So again good and bad for both teams.