• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ken Norton Jr expected to be let go

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...

Who is the new spacegoat when the offense plays like Crap?

I mean, ya gotta remember our offense has been okay when Wilson is healthy.

It was VERY obvious to me during the GB game that Wilson was NOT healthy. He was missing WIDE open throws, etc. Now granted we got the run game going because we started playing teams that weren't very good, but once we got SOME rushing attack Wilson was connecting on a lot of throws. If he's healthy the whole season it plays out a little differently.

We also had RB issues (AGAIN). It's kind of why I'm against re-signing Penny.... like when we resigned Carson I was like, "Yay, nice to have him back, BUUUUUUUUT....." Carson is a great RB, incredible talent and a great attitude at the position, but when he got injured ya kind of have to fault the FO on that... We signed Collins as a contingency factor who did... okay? And then we built this ENTIRE offense around the pass attack (look at the free agent acquisitions) and Wilson got injured. We spent two of three picks on pass preference (WR and pass block OT), free agency on pass blocking, Everett is more known for receiving than blocking, resigned a pass blocking center (Pocic) who is a known bad run blocker etc....

So a lot of Seattle's issues came on a new OC and the fact Wilson got injured. I think IF he returns (I think with Pete returning he should) which IMO is completely up to Wilson (if he demands a trade then let him go obviously with 1 year left) the offense should be okay if they can get a competent/healthy RB.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting way to phrase it.... 1642545894249.png

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
monty python and there was much rejoicing GIF

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't we get a diversity draft round pick or something if someone signs him? Or is that void because we cut him? I remember something about diversity draft picks... like free 3rd rounders because white privilege and all.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't we get a diversity draft round pick or something if someone signs him? Or is that void because we cut him? I remember something about diversity draft picks... like free 3rd rounders because white privilege and all.

Only if he's hired as a HC somewhere, which is highly doubtful even if we didn't relieve him of his duties.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also had RB issues (AGAIN). It's kind of why I'm against re-signing Penny.... like when we resigned Carson I was like, "Yay, nice to have him back, BUUUUUUUUT....." Carson is a great RB, incredible talent and a great attitude at the position, but when he got injured ya kind of have to fault the FO on that... We signed Collins as a contingency factor who did... okay? And then we built this ENTIRE offense around the pass attack (look at the free agent acquisitions) and Wilson got injured. We spent two of three picks on pass preference (WR and pass block OT), free agency on pass blocking, Everett is more known for receiving than blocking, resigned a pass blocking center (Pocic) who is a known bad run blocker etc....
I see what you're saying about Penny but there is a reason why teams are always carrying 2 starting calibur running backs... RB's just don't stay healthy. these days... Most of the starting RB's in the league missed time this year outside of a handful... Penny played in 7 straight games w/out getting injured... That says something to me in this day and age...

Chubb, D. Cook, K. Hunt, D. Henry, D. Harris, A. Kamara, J. Jacobs, D. Montgomery, L Fournette, A. Jones, J. Robinson, M. Sanders, J. Conner, D. Henderson, D. Swift, S. Barkley, C. Edwards-Helaire, C. McCaffery, Chris Carson to name a few all missed multiple games this year due to injury...

Point is, it's going to be very difficult to avoid the injury bug at the RB position... I don't think signing Penny is as big of a risk as some do... We would just need to have another solid back and Chris Carson isn't the guy... I would like to team Penny up with P. Lindsay, J. Conner, S. Michel

*** I'm defining a "Starting" RB as a back who gets 15-20-plus touches a game

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am sure that was for if we SIGNED a minority coach/assistant/OC/DC/FO personal. The Rams picked up two 3rd round comps under this new rule. One in 2021 and another in 2022 I do believe.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like for them to go after Eric Bieniemy for OC and Assistant HC, but thats just me and one of my Wishes. We need a DC and we have some options out there but it really does have to be a 4-3 DC. We would need to retool the DL/DE's to run a true 3-4. I think Brooks and Barton would be fine inside linebackers in a 3-4 but the other pieces just don't fit really.

The Hawks lined up in a Bear front actually quite often last year and I would like to see them do more of it.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a very good start to the off-season …. Now make sure you get a good veteran defensive guy Pete !

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a very good start to the off-season …. Now make sure you get a good veteran defensive guy Pete !

does this mean Pete lets go of his "Defensive scheme?" lets be fair here this is and has always been Pete's defense and changing who your DC is wont change the defense unless Pete lets go of it. If he does let go of the defense will he then let go of his antiquated offensive play style?

This news just opened up a can of worms to me. Unless Pete lets go a OC/DC coaching change doesn't change anything.

If Norton doesn't get a job offer I say 100% bring him back as the Linebackers coach! YES PLEASE! That is a job that he was all aces in.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does this mean Pete lets go of his "Defensive scheme?" lets be fair here this is and has always been Pete's defense and changing who your DC is wont change the defense unless Pete lets go of it. If he does let go of the defense will he then let go of his antiquated offensive play style?

This news just opened up a can of worms to me. Unless Pete lets go a OC/DC coaching change doesn't change anything.

If Norton doesn't get a job offer I say 100% bring him back as the Linebackers coach! YES PLEASE! That is a job that he was all aces in.

I don’t think Pete had as much control as you think, Norton is calling the plays, Pete has said openly he likes his coordinators to become there own, too grow… And I like having Norton on the team, but like you said as a linebackers coach … He never made adjustments as a D coordinator, it didn’t matter how much a team was picking us apart, he just kept us in the same defense over and over … Im hoping we get a veteran guy that’s been around and knows the X’s and O’s and has had success as a D coordinator in the past…

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does this mean Pete lets go of his "Defensive scheme?" lets be fair here this is and has always been Pete's defense and changing who your DC is wont change the defense unless Pete lets go of it.

This is nothing more than a cute phrase that no one ever supports with evidence.

If every year we just see Pete's defense over and over again, why wasn't Chris Clemons dropping back in coverage in 2012? Are you telling me the only difference between the 2013 defense and the 2021 defense is personnel?

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the 2019 NFL Season, I said: Seahawks are going nowhere with that defense.

During the 2020 NFL Season, I said: Seahawks are going nowhere with that defense.

During the 2021 NFL Season, I said: Seahawks are going nowhere with that defense.

Better late than never, I guess.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is nothing more than a cute phrase that no one ever supports with evidence.

If every year we just see Pete's defense over and over again, why wasn't Chris Clemons dropping back in coverage in 2012? Are you telling me the only difference between the 2013 defense and the 2021 defense is personnel?

I think you are wrong about that as I have seen as has everyone else the same damn defense the same damn playing style from Bradley, Quinn, Richards and Norton with only slight variations on the Style and tendencies. Bradley and Quinn were a little more aggressive Richards and Norton not to much. Norton was a little more unconventional with his "rotation" on the field IE who drops out and covers who. This all makes 100% sense because like Pete always has said "I like to tailor things to a players strength."

Unless Pete lets go this defense wont change much in style and scheme, which is fine because we have seen this style and scheme be best in the NFL but you needed all pro's all over the place. Just dont be shocked if it's just more of the same with maybe a better outcome if we are lucky. We have seen this defense under Norton play like the best defense in the league and also like the worst defense EVER. Teams have adjusted and know how to attack this defense and because it doesn't change much under Pete regardless of who the DC has been they have just gotten better at exploiting us with those 10-15 play drives of dink and dunk down the field.