• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ken Norton Jr expected to be let go

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are wrong about that as I have seen as has everyone else the same damn defense the same damn playing style from Bradley, Quinn, Richards and Norton with only slight variations on the Style and tendencies. Bradley and Quinn were a little more aggressive Richards and Norton not to much. Norton was a little more unconventional with his "rotation" on the field IE who drops out and covers who. This all makes 100% sense because like Pete always has said "I like to tailor things to a players strength."

Unless Pete lets go this defense wont change much in style and scheme, which is fine because we have seen this style and scheme be best in the NFL but you needed all pro's all over the place. Just dont be shocked if it's just more of the same with maybe a better outcome if we are lucky. We have seen this defense under Norton play like the best defense in the league and also like the worst defense EVER. Teams have adjusted and know how to attack this defense and because it doesn't change much under Pete regardless of who the DC has been they have just gotten better at exploiting us with those 10-15 play drives of dink and dunk down the field.

I hated hated hated Gus Bradley.. Richards I didn’t like either, when he took over suddenly we couldn't cover TE’s worth a dam, lots of confusion and then of course Sherman wanted to choke him to death after Julio Jones was left open over and over … Quinn was our best guy, he brought exactly what we needed and solidified the LOB, got things organized… Hopefully whoever we hire knows how to organize this, get some consistency..

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet they are still employees without duties for HR purposes.

To your point, probably going to be something like this:

In a surprise move by the Seattle Seahawks, Ken Norton Jr. will be the President of diversity hiring and assistant defensive coordinator for the Seahawks in 2022.

If so, hopefully we get an extra draft pick out of it.

mikeotis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That being said, the bad starts might be more of Pete's fault.
We will NEVER know. But maybe I hated Norton because he was forced to run Pete's "Don't give up anything deep" Defense.
Was it Norton having the DB's play 9 yards off the LOS when it was 3rd and 7. Or Was it Pete.
Was it Norton have DL drop into coverage, or Pete.

I could go on, but we will never know.
I am skeptical it will make much difference.
I don't know, because I don't know how much TOTAL INFLUENCE Pete has on play calling.
For Example: Waldron was thought of as pretty intuitive, but was he held back by Pete.

IMO, no way waldron looks like an idiot play caller, I think it has to do with Pete.

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is nothing more than a cute phrase that no one ever supports with evidence.

If every year we just see Pete's defense over and over again, why wasn't Chris Clemons dropping back in coverage in 2012? Are you telling me the only difference between the 2013 defense and the 2021 defense is personnel?

The rules have changed since 2012 to cater to the offense, plus Seattle had a HOF secondary and young and fast linebackers which negated dropping defensive linemen into coverage. As for evidence, isnt 10 years of eye tests enough for everybody?