• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(keepers) help me make my mind up

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mmk so i have until tuesday (25th) to chose my 24 keepers.
Hitters Counting Stats - AVG, R, HR, RBI, SB
Pitch Counting Stats - QS, SV, ERA, WHIP, K (Max of 12 starts per week, minimum of 5 starts)

Jimmy Rollins
Will Venable
Brad Miller
LaTroy Hawkins
Brandon Morrow
Ervin Santana
Tim Hudson
Jake Odorizzi

Choose 4 to keep

I will say I am leaning towards Miller, Venable, Odorizzi, Morrow

Hudson may be a safer pick over Odorizzi because Hudson is now in SF but there isnt much K potential their.
I don't like the idea of keeping Santana because if he goes to Baltimore then it is going to kill his value alot. Morrow pitched very well in 2012 and I feel he is worth holding onto because of that chance he pitches well again and I also traded Dickey for him and a 2nd round supplemental last year. Once our supplemental draft starts I have a plan set out to choose atleast 2 prospects and 2 SP that can help me this year so its possible I can get Hudson, Odorizzi or Morrow back if I chose not to keep them. Please post your thoughts on who I should not keep and remember to choose 4 to not keep!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was gonna say it's tough to decide not seeing your team, but you don't really have to. The four you have pre-selected would be the four I'd go with by a wide margin.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the rest of my team is pretty stacked. I already have backups at each position and selecting Miller and Venable would complete my backups at all positions. I could choose not to go with Venable but not choosing him in a 12 team 28 roster league would probably be a mistake and I feel Venable can do the same next year if not more. I will show you my roster just out of your curiosity.

C - Rosario
1B - Votto
2B - Carpenter
3B - Zimmerman
SS - E. Cabrera
OF - McCutchen
OF - Marte
OF - Gomez
UTIL - Phillips
UTIL - Ramos
UTIL - Craig
BENCH - Rollins
BENCH - Miller
BENCH - Venable

SP - Zimmerman, G. Gonzalez, Skaggs, Morrow, Cingrani, Santana, Liriano, S. Gray, T. Hudson, J. Odorizzi

Closers - Feliz, Grilli, Hawkins, Henderson

The only move I MAY do is trading Phillips for a 1st and a 2nd round pick in next years supplemental draft. Which includes new international players and prospects. The picks will likely be in the later rounds 8-12 first round most likely. Yes I do know I need SPing. It is very difficult to trade for a SP without giving up too much so this is most likely what I am going into 2014 season with.