• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi wants out of San Antonio

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs gave kawhi full control of his own injury back in august. Spurs went out of there way to make sure Kawhi was comfortable with this injury. Kawhi started using the Sixers doctor, that's how accommodating they were.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of that stuff. It's a shame for all you Spurs fans that you have to go through this. This would have been a long shot in today's NBA but I was hope he'd retire a Spur.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it all on Kawhi or could the Spurs team doctors have something to do w/ this? What if they were pushing him to return before he was ready? A pro athlete knows his body better than any doctor. Because it's not like a doctor in any sport has an obligation to the player. His obligation is to the organization.

And all of this could be totally off. It was just something I thought of.
Even so... a team and their doctor wouldn't be wise to rush a player back and have them reaggrevate or whatever... that scenario isn't in the team's interest at all.

So I really doubt that San Antonio would have tried to rush Kawhi back... particularly for regular season games. Who cares about the regular season as long as your team makes the playoffs?

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of that stuff. It's a shame for all you Spurs fans that you have to go through this. This would have been a long shot in today's NBA but I was hope he'd retire a Spur.

Yeah, I think Michelle Beadle spoke for all of us this morning. We're done with him, just want him out now and are ready to embrace the young core.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even so... a team and their doctor wouldn't be wise to rush a player back and have them reaggrevate or whatever... that scenario isn't in the team's interest at all.

So I really doubt that San Antonio would have tried to rush Kawhi back... particularly for regular season games. Who cares about the regular season as long as your team makes the playoffs?

It was just an off the wall thought.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think Michelle Beadle spoke for all of us this morning. We're done with him, just want him out now and are ready to embrace the young core.

How soon before the Spurs retire Kawhi's #?:heh:

:peep:

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was just an off the wall thought.
You're not the only one bringing the point up... it's not crazy or anything (don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to jump on your case)... I just don't buy it.

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's Kawhi?

tetN1Ud.jpg

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference is how he's leaving. Refusing to play this season, not even sitting on the bench with the team, demanding a trade. This might be the ugliest divorce in NBA history, of course spurs fans won't throw him a parade on his way out.

Fair enough, and Kawhi is definitely the most dramatic split. Still amusing.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a very good question, I don't know if that ever happens.

Well @ the very least they should retire Danny Ferry's #. He was a very important part of that '03 title team. Without him they don't win it all.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is mostly his suddenly over-reaching Uncle doing all this.

He is employed by the Agency in LA and has hired many of Kawhi's family with the dreams of some family empire.
He wants Kawhi to a bigger market so he can recruit new talents.

And he doesnt want Kawhi to be with Lebron, as Lebron's shadow would eclipse their master plan.
The Clippers will now be the focus, so they can try and build their delusional empire with the Clippers instead.

Kawhi is a grown fucking man. It is embarassing for him to get such insane advice.
I loved Kawhi as a player, but I am not sure this version of the Kawhi is a help for any team.

The Lakers might do themselves a favor by walking away.
It is a huge warning sign of a potential clubhouse cancer as long as the Uncle is calling the shots.
what could go wrong in a clubhouse with LeBron, Lance Stephenseon, Lonzo Ball and his dad, Kawhi and his uncle, KCP, McGee, and Rondo?

honestly- that sounds like a reality show, lol

they NEED to sign Carmelo and Nick Young.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think there’s much interest in the Boston Celtics scenario for him.

The Celtics told the Spurs that their top five players are untouchable. Ainge has pretty much walked away from this shitfest. Boston fans are already starting to take up arms against one of ours. Kahwi doesn't merit much time around Boston.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am starting to think SAN ANTONIO should just take whatever Philly offers and move on.
This dude is rapidly descending into Carnival Side Show stuff now....

It is a shame because I really thought he was a typical Spurs type of player. I defended him unquestioned.
It is still possible that most of this is fabricated rumor crap, but it doesnt look good on the surface.

His Crazy Uncle is going to sabotage his career if you believe some of these stories.
KAWHI needs to speak up. He needs to be a grown man and let his own voice be heard, not his sister or uncle.

Everything could be cleared up 100% if Kawhi was simply mature enough to speak up and tell everyone what is going on.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what could go wrong in a clubhouse with LeBron, Lance Stephenseon, Lonzo Ball and his dad, Kawhi and his uncle, KCP, McGee, and Rondo?

honestly- that sounds like a reality show, lol

they NEED to sign Carmelo and Nick Young.
And JR Smith

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don't make a deal...aren't they effectively giving him away?

The reality is (imo)...they don't have as much leverage as they would like here. IDK it's about a max deal for Leonard at this point.

Both sides are kind of screwed at this point. If the Spurs don't trade him, they lose him for nothing next year, but Leonard is also forced into a situation where he has to play hard and well for a team he loathes. If he doesn't play well enough, he won't get the contract he wants, especially when he has limited his market.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why you don't do the deal if you're the Sixers. With the Sixers being high on Fultz, they should only give him up if Kawhi agrees to an extension first.

According to what I heard, the Sixers offer is Covington, Saric and a couple of picks. The Spurs are insisting on Covington, Saric, Fultz and, I believe, 3 picks.

From the Lakers, they are trying to get Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, 2 picks and 2 swaps.

If they stay on those demands, they're going to end up losing Kawhi for nothing.

Magic has become solidified in not giving-up Kuzma and/or Hart. You are right TJF12, that flippin' little bitch Popovich is going to lose Leonard and get nothing in return with these ridiculous demands for both teams.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, TJF12, the italics portion is disputable:

"If they were going to keep him...absolutely. I'm a big Randle fanboy. I doubt there's another Lakers fan that wanted the Lakers to find a way to keep him more than me."

I have been screaming for the Lakers to keep this guy from nearly the beginning. :lol:

Reactions: DJ

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic has become solidified in not giving-up Kuzma and/or Hart. You are right TJF12, that flippin' little bitch Popovich is going to lose Leonard and get nothing in return with these ridiculous demands for both teams.

You point out that Magic won't give up Kuzma or even Hart but Pop is a little bitch for not dealing Kawhi to the Lakers? WTF?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I don't think I stated that in my post. I stated that Popovich is a little bitch for having such high demands for BOTH teams. Magic offered a decent offer to the Spurs long ago but Popovich kept upping the ante and finally Magic and company pulled Kuzma and Hart off the table to some degree.

I don't really care for the trade of Leonard to the Lakers. I have been consistently on the side of keeping the youngsters for the Lakers at nearly all costs. You obviously didn't read those posts on the other threads.