• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi wants out of San Antonio

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic has become solidified in not giving-up Kuzma and/or Hart. You are right TJF12, that flippin' little bitch Popovich is going to lose Leonard and get nothing in return with these ridiculous demands for both teams.

Based on the signings they have made and the cap space left, the Lakers may have moved on as far as trading for Kawhi and may now be content to wait for FA.

From what I heard yesterday, for them to pull off a trade now, they would have to move Ingram, Kuzma, Ball and Deng. Maybe Hart too. The only way to do it and keep even a couple of those guys would be very complicated and have to involve at least 1 and possibly 2 other teams. In fact, pulling it off would be so complicated that the guy I heard being interviewed (who's supposed to be a cap expert and Lakers insider) wouldn't even go over it on the radio. lol

I'd be surprised if they gave all of that up, especially since they shouldn't have to at this point.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, TJF12, the italics portion is disputable:

"If they were going to keep him...absolutely. I'm a big Randle fanboy. I doubt there's another Lakers fan that wanted the Lakers to find a way to keep him more than me."

I have been screaming for the Lakers to keep this guy from nearly the beginning. :lol:

Gonna have to see your Official Julius Randle Fanboy Card to check it for authenticity.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Precisely TJF12 on both posts except in the latter, I believe I started that fanclub:lol:.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the signings they have made and the cap space left, the Lakers may have moved on as far as trading for Kawhi and may now be content to wait for FA.

From what I heard yesterday, for them to pull off a trade now, they would have to move Ingram, Kuzma, Ball and Deng. Maybe Hart too. The only way to do it and keep even a couple of those guys would be very complicated and have to involve at least 1 and possibly 2 other teams. In fact, pulling it off would be so complicated that the guy I heard being interviewed (who's supposed to be a cap expert and Lakers insider) wouldn't even go over it on the radio. lol

I'd be surprised if they gave all of that up, especially since they shouldn't have to at this point.

I agree with you on this. You can't give up Ingram, Kuzma, and Ball. That's too much even if it frees the Lakers of Deng.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic has become solidified in not giving-up Kuzma and/or Hart. You are right TJF12, that flippin' little bitch Popovich is going to lose Leonard and get nothing in return with these ridiculous demands for both teams.

It's starting to look like the Spurs may have overplayed their hand and are starting to realize that.

From what I heard yesterday, it's basically down to the Sixers and the Lakers and both are standing firm in not increasing their offers.

Right now, it looks like the Spurs are either going to keep Kawhi and try to patch things up (letting Parker walk may be part of that) or be forced to take low value for Kawhi.

If there is going to be a trade, it looks like the Sixers are the favorite. If the Spurs are going to essentially take 50 cents on the dollar for Kawhi, they'd rather take it from Philly than the Lakers.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's starting to look like the Spurs may have overplayed their hand and are starting to realize that.

From what I heard yesterday, it's basically down to the Sixers and the Lakers and both are standing firm in not increasing their offers.

Right now, it looks like the Spurs are either going to keep Kawhi and try to patch things up (letting Parker walk may be part of that) or be forced to take low value for Kawhi.

If there is going to be a trade, it looks like the Sixers are the favorite. If the Spurs are going to essentially take 50 cents on the dollar for Kawhi, they'd rather take it from Philly than the Lakers.

I was listening to one of the ESPN podcasts and Windhorst was saying that he doesn't think the Spurs are seriously trying to move Kawhi at this point. The reports on what they want from the Lakers and Sixers suggest that they weren't being particularly serious(IIRC they wanted Ingram/Kuzma/Hart/3 future 1st round picks).

The consensus view is that the Spurs aren't likely to deal Kawhi until, at the earliest, the end of the summer. There really is no reason to unless they can get a monster deal. They could still theoretically rehabilitate the relationship with Kawhi. And it's possible one of the Sixers or Lakers will get desperate and give them almost what they want. Come September, they will need to start making decisions.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you on this. You can't give up Ingram, Kuzma, and Ball. That's too much even if it frees the Lakers of Deng.

Yeah, when all of this first came up. I would have said (and think that I did say) they should give up whatever they have to.

As it turns out though, the Spurs may have overplayed their hand. Even if the Lakers don't get him at all (apparently he has said Philly is the only EC team he'd consider signing with long term) the next FA class is supposed to be a good bit bigger than this one.

Question for you...If you're the Sixers...do you go ahead and meet the Spurs demands given the rumor that Kawhi would consider sticking around? Or do you hold firm on your current offer?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to one of the ESPN podcasts and Windhorst was saying that he doesn't think the Spurs are seriously trying to move Kawhi at this point. The reports on what they want from the Lakers and Sixers suggest that they weren't being particularly serious(IIRC they wanted Ingram/Kuzma/Hart/3 future 1st round picks).

The consensus view is that the Spurs aren't likely to deal Kawhi until, at the earliest, the end of the summer. There really is no reason to unless they can get a monster deal. They could still theoretically rehabilitate the relationship with Kawhi. And it's possible one of the Sixers or Lakers will get desperate and give them almost what they want. Come September, they will need to start making decisions.

Yeah, that pretty much agrees with what the guy I heard yesterday was saying.

His point was that the Spurs now realize they overplayed their hand (perhaps intentionally based on what you heard). He said that what they let Tony Parker leave for ($5 million per) may be the first step towards working things out with Kawhi.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, when all of this first came up. I would have said (and think that I did say) they should give up whatever they have to.

As it turns out though, the Spurs may have overplayed their hand. Even if the Lakers don't get him at all (apparently he has said Philly is the only EC team he'd consider signing with long term) the next FA class is supposed to be a good bit bigger than this one.

Question for you...If you're the Sixers...do you go ahead and meet the Spurs demands given the rumor that Kawhi would consider sticking around? Or do you hold firm on your current offer?

No way can the Sixers give up what the Spurs asked for. IIRC it was Saric, Covington, Fultz, the 2021 Miami pick and 2 other firsts. That's nutty. The Spurs know it as well.

I would be surprised if the Sixers give up on Fultz. Saric, Covington, and the Miami pick is probably the most I would give up.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I am in agreement with the posts by flyerhawk and TJF12 that the Spurs overplayed their hand probably in an attempt to whimsically sort of play the "what if" game and maybe get extraordinarily lucky but nobody from the Lakers or the Sixers bit on that ploy because the asking price was so unbelievably ridiculous. So the Spurs are basically going to rehab the relationship by moving Parker and then I suspect Ginobilli both aging players that need moving anyways.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I am in agreement with the posts by flyerhawk and TJF12 that the Spurs overplayed their hand probably in an attempt to whimsically sort of play the "what if" game and maybe get extraordinarily lucky but nobody from the Lakers or the Sixers bit on that ploy because the asking price was so unbelievably ridiculous. So the Spurs are basically going to rehab the relationship by moving Parker and then I suspect Ginobilli both aging players that need moving anyways.

Yup. And if Kawhi is still adamant come September 1, then they get serious about dealing him.

It's possible that the Spurs could have got a better deal in June than they will get in September but I think their best course ultimately is to try to fix the Kawhi relationship since there is no realistic way they could get equal value trading Kawhi.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i did think it was interesting taht Tony Parker was not resigned- especially since he did not get a whole lot of money elsewhere

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i did think it was interesting taht Tony Parker was not resigned- especially since he did not get a whole lot of money elsewhere

Meh. He's 36 years old and gets hurt all the time. If he is a problem for Kawhi then that is a really easy decision for them to make.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. And if Kawhi is still adamant come September 1, then they get serious about dealing him.

It's possible that the Spurs could have got a better deal in June than they will get in September but I think their best course ultimately is to try to fix the Kawhi relationship since there is no realistic way they could get equal value trading Kawhi.
they are in no hurry......

what if the Sixers or Lakers struggle coming out of the gate and those teams have even more pressure on them to make a deal?

In Miami and Cleveland- where he joined Bosh/Wade and Irving/Love, his teams struggled out of the gate. He will not have near that level of talent with the Lakers- and in Miami and Cleveland, he was what? 26 and 29 when he took on those projects?

in his age 34 season, a whole new team, and not playing with another All Star for the first time in 10 years is going to a big adjustment--- especially since there are less easy wins in the West than there are in the East- especially now.

There are a few either bad/young teams in the West like the Suns, Kings, Mavericks, Grizz, ----but that is a lot harder than playing teams like the Hawks, Nets, Knicks, Bulls, Magic, Hornets.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I don't think I stated that in my post. I stated that Popovich is a little bitch for having such high demands for BOTH teams. Magic offered a decent offer to the Spurs long ago but Popovich kept upping the ante and finally Magic and company pulled Kuzma and Hart off the table to some degree.

I don't really care for the trade of Leonard to the Lakers. I have been consistently on the side of keeping the youngsters for the Lakers at nearly all costs. You obviously didn't read those posts on the other threads.
True. You have consistently said that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are in no hurry......

what if the Sixers or Lakers struggle coming out of the gate and those teams have even more pressure on them to make a deal?

In Miami and Cleveland- where he joined Bosh/Wade and Irving/Love, his teams struggled out of the gate. He will not have near that level of talent with the Lakers- and in Miami and Cleveland, he was what? 26 and 29 when he took on those projects?

in his age 34 season, a whole new team, and not playing with another All Star for the first time in 10 years is going to a big adjustment--- especially since there are less easy wins in the West than there are in the East- especially now.

There are a few either bad/young teams in the West like the Suns, Kings, Mavericks, Grizz, ----but that is a lot harder than playing teams like the Hawks, Nets, Knicks, Bulls, Magic, Hornets.

If Magic and/or Lebron are surprised with the Lakers struggling early in the season next year, then they are delusional.

I doubt that either would be surprised though.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah.

They could revisit the trade but they may be more inclined to wait for next summer when they can sign Leonard or another FA.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I don't think I stated that in my post. I stated that Popovich is a little bitch for having such high demands for BOTH teams. Magic offered a decent offer to the Spurs long ago but Popovich kept upping the ante and finally Magic and company pulled Kuzma and Hart off the table to some degree.

I don't really care for the trade of Leonard to the Lakers. I have been consistently on the side of keeping the youngsters for the Lakers at nearly all costs. You obviously didn't read those posts on the other threads.

You got Lebron now, so for better or worse you will be stuck in kind-of a win now attitude. If they want titles, Lebron can't wait to see if those youngsters actually manage to do anything.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got Lebron now, so for better or worse you will be stuck in kind-of a win now attitude.

I don't think the win now attitude will really go into effect until they are done reshaping the roster. And who knows maybe they have someone in mind they want to go after next summer.