• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi wants out of San Antonio

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Antonio can't give him away. If they can't find a good deal, then screw him, have him sit for a year if he wants to do that, and see who gives him a max contract after two lost seasons.

If they don't make a deal...aren't they effectively giving him away?

The reality is (imo)...they don't have as much leverage as they would like here. IDK it's about a max deal for Leonard at this point.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don't make a deal...aren't they effectively giving him away?

The reality is (imo)...they don't have as much leverage as they would like here. IDK it's about a max deal for Leonard at this point.

I think this latest development that kawhi doesn't want to be a laker gives them leverage back. Ultimately I think he ends up a sixer, it just makes too much sense. It just depends on who flinches 1st, does Phily give up Fultz or does SA accept draft picks instead.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why you don't do the deal if you're the Sixers. With the Sixers being high on Fultz, they should only give him up if Kawhi agrees to an extension first.

According to what I heard, the Sixers offer is Covington, Saric and a couple of picks. The Spurs are insisting on Covington, Saric, Fultz and, I believe, 3 picks.

From the Lakers, they are trying to get Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, 2 picks and 2 swaps.

If they stay on those demands, they're going to end up losing Kawhi for nothing.

With LJ out of the east, Leonard in PHI makes a ton of sense, but only if he wants to be there.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this latest development that kawhi doesn't want to be a laker gives them leverage back. Ultimately I think he ends up a sixer, it just makes too much sense. It just depends on who flinches 1st, does Phily give up Fultz or does SA accept draft picks instead.

That doesn't change the leverage situation, he still has to want to play in the next city, unless a team is willing to rent him for a yr, but I agree 100% on PHI.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't change the leverage situation, he still has to want to play in the next city, unless a team is willing to rent him for a yr, but I agree 100% on PHI.

It does if the perception of "he wants to be a laker" narrative is dead. Now every team in the league feels they can keep him, especially Philly.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By suggesting he doesnt want to play with Lebron, it does give some leverage back to the Spurs.

The LAKERS should just pull out completely as this dude is apparently a nutcase diva that might not be worth it.
I dont think Lebron has the time or patience to deal with Lavar Ball and Kawhi being fucking idiots.

I try to defend him, but his actions are just bizarre and immature now.
Although, technically he has still not said a single thing......so it might just be crazy lies and rumors.

But, KAWHI is starting to come across as an often-injured Jackass now instead of the quiet warrior.
He needs to speak up soon.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does if the perception of "he wants to be a laker" narrative is dead. Now every team in the league feels they can keep him, especially Philly.

Even if LAL must is no longer in play, the key becomes does he want to play in "X" city.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember, Phily is the only team in the league that knows his medical condition right now, they have a huge advantage.

With no real rooting interest anymore, I really don't care where he goes, but as a fan of the sport (especially playoffs) him in the east just makes for better balance...PHI vs BOS all over again!

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is mostly his suddenly over-reaching Uncle doing all this.

He is employed by the Agency in LA and has hired many of Kawhi's family with the dreams of some family empire.
He wants Kawhi to a bigger market so he can recruit new talents.

And he doesnt want Kawhi to be with Lebron, as Lebron's shadow would eclipse their master plan.
The Clippers will now be the focus, so they can try and build their delusional empire with the Clippers instead.

Kawhi is a grown fucking man. It is embarassing for him to get such insane advice.
I loved Kawhi as a player, but I am not sure this version of the Kawhi is a help for any team.

The Lakers might do themselves a favor by walking away.
It is a huge warning sign of a potential clubhouse cancer as long as the Uncle is calling the shots.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi is a grown fucking man.
Yeah... sounds like Kawhi's uncle is horrid.

But as you point out... and this has to be the main, fundamental point here... Kawhi is a grown man.

He doesn't have to let his uncle run the show... or sit out the better part of a season just because an idiot relation advises him to... or whatever else...

But Kawhi is doing these things. And he's responsible for all of it.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, according to Woj, it sounds like he's more inclined to go to the Lakers. Doesn't want to be fronting the Clippers going head to head vs. Lebron.

Driving today, I heard the opposite on NBA radio, but who knows unless we hear the words from his mouth?

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now after hiding like a little child, he wants to go to the Clippers because he might be worried about being in Lebron's shadow.

He wants to be the leader now instead of being in Lebron's shadow. What???
What the fuck was he on San Antonio then? They made the entire team for him PLUS won.
Dude is really losing the PR battle now.

And as for Tony Parker....
Watch the interview.

The comments are part of a whole 15 minute interview right after practice and taken a bit out of context.
He actually is very supportive of Kawhi AND the few often repeated comments are said with a laugh followed up with even more strong support. It is a very misleading obviously cherry picked comment trying to make this a twitter bait.
Sounds like Leonard has the Derrick Rose awful management team and is too stupid to think for himself.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With LJ out of the east, Leonard in PHI makes a ton of sense, but only if he wants to be there.

I agree. I think if they can get the Spurs to take their current offer, they should do it. Covington and Saric are nice pieces...but they are easily replaceable. But I wouldn't throw in Fultz if I'm the Sixers. At least not unless they get him to sign an extension.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Driving today, I heard the opposite on NBA radio, but who knows unless we hear the words from his mouth?

And that's the problem. All of this is people speculating about what they think Kawhi wants to/should do vs. what the Spurs want to/should do and leaks from "sources" that are supposed to be "close to the player/team".

But nothing directly from Kawhi or even the Spurs.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, i also heard people talking on the radio this morning about the 'Kawhi doesn't want to play with LeBron and be the 2nd fiddle" rumors. I'm not sure where the source is coming from because they didn't mention one but it's definitely being discussed.

I'm not sure I would want this guy on my team. As some have mentioned in this thread, if you don't like the Spurs organization, you're probably not going to be happy anywhere.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By suggesting he doesnt want to play with Lebron, it does give some leverage back to the Spurs.

The LAKERS should just pull out completely as this dude is apparently a nutcase diva that might not be worth it.
I dont think Lebron has the time or patience to deal with Lavar Ball and Kawhi being fucking idiots.

I try to defend him, but his actions are just bizarre and immature now.
Although, technically he has still not said a single thing......so it might just be crazy lies and rumors.

But, KAWHI is starting to come across as an often-injured Jackass now instead of the quiet warrior.
He needs to speak up soon.

Not that I blame them but it's amusing to see Spurs fans all shitting on their hero as he leaves. Same as @WiggyRuss with LeBron and @thunderc with Durant.

Personally I will still like every big 4 Warrior even when/if they leave. They are fun players.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I blame them but it's amusing to see Spurs fans all shitting on their hero as he leaves. Same as @WiggyRuss with LeBron and @thunderc with Durant.

Personally I will still like every big 4 Warrior even when/if they leave. They are fun players.

Difference is how he's leaving. Refusing to play this season, not even sitting on the bench with the team, demanding a trade. This might be the ugliest divorce in NBA history, of course spurs fans won't throw him a parade on his way out.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference is how he's leaving. Refusing to play this season, not even sitting on the bench with the team, demanding a trade. This might be the ugliest divorce in NBA history, of course spurs fans won't throw him a parade on his way out.

Is it all on Kawhi or could the Spurs team doctors have something to do w/ this? What if they were pushing him to return before he was ready? A pro athlete knows his body better than any doctor. Because it's not like a doctor in any sport has an obligation to the player. His obligation is to the organization.

And all of this could be totally off. It was just something I thought of.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it all on Kawhi or could the Spurs team doctors have something to do w/ this? What if they were pushing him to return before he was ready? A pro athlete knows his body better than any doctor. Because it's not like a doctor in any sport has an obligation to the player. His obligation is to the organization.

And all of this could be totally off. It was just something I thought of.

Spurs gave kawhi full control of his own injury back in august. Spurs went out of there way to make sure Kawhi was comfortable with this injury. Kawhi started using the Sixers doctor, that's how accommodating they were.