• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi wants out of San Antonio

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to one of the ESPN podcasts and Windhorst was saying that he doesn't think the Spurs are seriously trying to move Kawhi at this point. The reports on what they want from the Lakers and Sixers suggest that they weren't being particularly serious(IIRC they wanted Ingram/Kuzma/Hart/3 future 1st round picks).

The consensus view is that the Spurs aren't likely to deal Kawhi until, at the earliest, the end of the summer. There really is no reason to unless they can get a monster deal. They could still theoretically rehabilitate the relationship with Kawhi. And it's possible one of the Sixers or Lakers will get desperate and give them almost what they want. Come September, they will need to start making decisions.
I don't see how Leonard starts the season with SA. Trade probably happens in September sometime.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i did think it was interesting taht Tony Parker was not resigned- especially since he did not get a whole lot of money elsewhere
SA doesn't need him.

He's a broken down shell of his former self.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how Leonard starts the season with SA. Trade probably happens in September sometime.

Unless something remarkable happens, I would agree with you.

I honestly think that the Spurs want to trade him to Philly but they need Kawhi to get on board with that completely so they can maximize their return for him.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless something remarkable happens, I would agree with you.

I honestly think that the Spurs want to trade him to Philly but they need Kawhi to get on board with that completely so they can maximize their return for him.
And with the way he feels disrespected....I don't see him trying to help them.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with the way he feels disrespected....I don't see him trying to help them.

Depends on how much he wants to get out of there. If he is adamant that he will never play for the Spurs again, that gives them leverage.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how much he wants to get out of there. If he is adamant that he will never play for the Spurs again, that gives them leverage.
He could always sit out.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And not get paid and be 2 years aways from being on the court.

Sitting out is a disaster for Kawhi.
Increases his leverage with them and gives him time to be fully healed by the time he returns.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's if they don't trade him obviously.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have any of you guys heard this??? Mind blown. I was sort of on Kawhi's side previous to this, but after hearing this, it gives me a completely different perspective. If I was able to confirm this from the Spurs, I wouldn't want my team trading for him now. And yet he thinks he can survive the LA Media? Crazy.

Nope.

The Parker comments, the subtle digs all year, the not wanting him to use a doctor he was comfortable with, and the march gang bang...it's clear who the problem is here.

the spurs trying to go around his representation is another issue.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LEONARD'S smartest move would be to return to the Spurs and give them notice that he intends to be a free agent next summer without making any promises. I'd even tell them that I will see how the next season works out before making a decision and don't but. Any bridges. POPOVICH is arrogant enough to believe they can get him to resign and the next summer, Leonard will be a free man to discreetly walk away and tell the Spurs organization thanks for everything and have a nice day

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SA doesn't need him.

He's a broken down shell of his former self.
Maybe trading Parker was an attempt to keep Kawhi? If he's really that butthurt about Parker's comments...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Magic and/or Lebron are surprised with the Lakers struggling early in the season next year, then they are delusional.

I doubt that either would be surprised though.
i shouldnt say surprised as much as- its easy to contemplate being like the 6th or 7th seed and playing on a team you are the only all star during the summer.

when the rubber hits the pavement it might be a different story.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LEONARD'S smartest move would be to return to the Spurs and give them notice that he intends to be a free agent next summer without making any promises. I'd even tell them that I will see how the next season works out before making a decision and don't but. Any bridges. POPOVICH is arrogant enough to believe they can get him to resign and the next summer, Leonard will be a free man to discreetly walk away and tell the Spurs organization thanks for everything and have a nice day
i totally agree

this is what he shouldve done from day 1--- kept his mouth and all his stupid "advisors" mouth shut, told pop he will go to free agency and gone from there

all the bullshit and the nonsense and hiding him from the spurs has just made him look like a fool and probably dug the spurs in to not give into his wishes.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i totally agree

this is what he shouldve done from day 1--- kept his mouth and all his stupid "advisors" mouth shut, told pop he will go to free agency and gone from there

all the bullshit and the nonsense and hiding him from the spurs has just made him look like a fool and probably dug the spurs in to not give into his wishes.

It's clear that Leonard's advisors (along with Kawhi himself at this stage) aren't the brightest.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And not get paid and be 2 years aways from being on the court.

Sitting out is a disaster for Kawhi.
However, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what his "camp" is suggesting he do if he's not traded to the Lakers.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Increases his leverage with them and gives him time to be fully healed by the time he returns.
Fully healed? Goodness, he's already sat out the entire season last year. What kind of injury are we really talking about here?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe trading Parker was an attempt to keep Kawhi? If he's really that butthurt about Parker's comments...
Well he wasn't traded- he left for more money/years.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The TORONTO Raptors

I am guessing Kawhi could be "the man" in a big cosmopolitan city like Toronto, and maybe even resign.

I am not sure exactly what SA expects to get back

Derozan + Raptors player FOR Kawhi/Mills

Meh..... would probably need to do some draft pick juggling stuff as well