• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kam Chancellor Hold out?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L Because there's no reason to sit home if he doesn't want to push the team to give in and they WON'T unless their play is so glaringly in need of him that they are forced to.

This is NFL hold out 101 people. It's not new and it's not hard to figure out.

It "IS" simple logic. And as of yet, no one has presented even one cohesive argument otherwise. It's just no, you don't know what you are talking about, without any reasonable counter.
You're saying the only reasonable thing for this guy -- who you also say isn't behaving reasonably -- is to root against his team.

THAT is simple logic that what you're saying isn't logical.

It's just your opinion.... that you're passing off as fact.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is obviously trying to keep their salary cap down like a lot of teams. - Captain obvious

But this is the problem you will have after success. R Wilson is gonna want money. Kam wants money. Not sure but where does Kam stack in SS rankings for salary?

My guess is that is why he's doing this. Right or wrong.. It is what it is.

Not sure if anyone answered since you asked, but Kam is the 2nd highest paid SS in the NFL. That's what has annoyed some fans, the fact that he is being paid more than anyone other than Rashad Jones in Miami to play the position.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're saying the only reasonable thing for this guy -- who you also say isn't behaving reasonably -- is to root against his team.

THAT is simple logic that what you're saying isn't logical.

It's just your opinion.... that you're passing off as fact.
And still asking for alternatives that no one will present.

He is sitting home for a reason. He wants the deal he is demanding. He has almost no chance of getting anywhere with his demands if the team wins and plays well on defense. We can all agree with that right? I mean that part is all obvious.

So he can't get what he wants without the team losing or at least playing badly. No doubt he is conflicted, but he needs the team to do badly to get what he wants. That's not an opinion. It's a super easy obvious FACT. No one can counter it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L Because there's no reason to sit home if he doesn't want to push the team to give in and they WON'T unless their play is so glaringly in need of him that they are forced to.

This is NFL hold out 101 people. It's not new and it's not hard to figure out.

It "IS" simple logic. And as of yet, no one has presented even one cohesive argument otherwise. It's just no, you don't know what you are talking about, without any reasonable counter.
Well yeah he wants them to give in and yes he wants to be missed on defense rather then be easily replaceable. Don't understand why this is reason to hate him Wiz. Up tell now (even now in some regards) he's been a team guy. He made a business decision to hold out( piss poor idea) because he felt now was the time rather then waiting until he was a 29 year old battering ram. Why hate him for this, do you not agree that folks need to look after themselves, because no one else will?
You keep talking about this is bad for the team, yeah it is, but every player needs to look for there best interest, because you could become R. Turbin if you get hurt and end up in Clevland for god sakes.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I know that's part of the game no doubt. But I guess you can't expect RW, Kam, and whoever else to be paid as the 15-20th best at their position, while performing like a top 10 or top 5 player at their position. They've won their ring, now it's time to get paid in their mind.

If it was my team, I would want the guy to play out his contract. If it was me lining up at SS, I would to be paid like a top 3 SS.

Just to reiterate - Kam is the 2nd highest paid at his position - so expecting him to get top 3 money is ok - because he's already getting it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yeah he wants them to give in and yes he wants to be missed on defense rather then be easily replaceable. Don't understand why this is reason to hate him Wiz. Up tell now (even now in some regards) he's been a team guy. He made a business decision to hold out( piss poor idea) because he felt now was the time rather then waiting until he was a 29 year old battering ram. Why hate him for this, do you not agree that folks need to look after themselves, because no one else will?
You keep talking about this is bad for the team, yeah it is, but every player needs to look for there best interest, because you could become R. Turbin if you get hurt and end up in Clevland for god sakes.
I explained this last night Harold. I'm not a Kam fan, or Wilson, etc. I'm a Seahawks fan. Kam has made himself the enemy by pulling this stupid stunt.

I don't begrudge players trying to get what they can. This isn't what happened here. Kam is already under contract. Recently. And he's still the second highest paid player at his position in all of the NFL. Those are facts. He's not under paid. So this is pure greed. With 3 years left on his contract there was no chance the team was just going to give him anything he asks for. They CAN'T. He had to have seen what happened with Bennett. It was a stupid bullshit greedy move.

And it's hurting my team. He is putting them in a worse position and adding distractions they don't need.

Sorry, but that makes him a royal grade A jackass in my book. And I'm not alone.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And still asking for alternatives that no one will present.

He is sitting home for a reason. He wants the deal he is demanding. He has almost no chance of getting anywhere with his demands if the team wins and plays well on defense. We can all agree with that right? I mean that part is all obvious.

So he can't get what he wants without the team losing or at least playing badly. No doubt he is conflicted, but he needs the team to do badly to get what he wants. That's not an opinion. It's a super easy obvious FACT. No one can counter it.
The part you seem to miss is that you're not just telling us what give him advantage, but you're telling us what you THINK he's rooting for and passing it as fact. And the reason you think it's FACT that he's rooting for it is because it's "simple logic" that he should be.... yet then you also say that what he's doing makes no sense.

Anyway, I can't continue to say the same things to a guy who doesn't want to listen because your OPINION is right and we're all lost but you, so yeehaw have a good one.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I explained this last night Harold. I'm not a Kam fan, or Wilson, etc. I'm a Seahawks fan. Kam has made himself the enemy by pulling this stupid stunt.

I don't begrudge players trying to get what they can. This isn't what happened here. Kam is already under contract. Recently. And he's still the second highest paid player at his position in all of the NFL. Those are facts. He's not under paid. So this is pure greed. With 3 years left on his contract there was no chance the team was just going to give him anything he asks for. They CAN'T. He had to have seen what happened with Bennett. It was a stupid bullshit greedy move.

And it's hurting my team. He is putting them in a worse position and adding distractions they don't need.

Sorry, but that makes him a royal grade A jackass in my book. And I'm not alone.
Shoot Wiz I agree he's not underpaid. He's under the delusion that SS should make what FS make, mmmm nice try Kam but no that's not flying. A s far as his contract goes I feel the same as Sonny, it's more like a year to year deal IMO. Much as I like the fact that the NFL isn't like baseball or basketball in regard to contracts, I recognize that it much to one sided, other folks here should also. So no hate from me, rather disappointment that Kam had this brainstorm to have SS be paid as well as FS. Wasn't his best moment and I'm happy to have this settled and get back to having our best guys out there.

However feel free to hate. It's your right as a fan.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The part you seem to miss is that you're not just telling us what give him advantage, but you're telling us what you THINK he's rooting for and passing it as fact. And the reason you think it's FACT that he's rooting for it is because it's "simple logic" that he should be.... yet then you also say that what he's doing makes no sense.

Anyway, I can't continue to say the same things to a guy who doesn't want to listen because your OPINION is right and we're all lost but you, so yeehaw have a good one.
So you are accusing me of doing exactly what you are now doing. :L
Total fail

If you go back to my first post on this I made it clear. He has to need the team to do badly to get what he wants. Maybe he's conflicted. Who wouldn't be? But if the thought of the team losing because of his 'business' deal wasn't acceptable he'd be here with his team. He's not.

He's being a complete dumbass. And yes, that's my opinion and I've said as much. I've only claimed 'facts' that are indeed 'facts' and no one has proven otherwise. No matter how much the actual 'facts' don't work well with your opinions.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoot Wiz I agree he's not underpaid. He's under the delusion that SS should make what FS make, mmmm nice try Kam but no that's not flying. A s far as his contract goes I feel the same as Sonny, it's more like a year to year deal IMO. Much as I like the fact that the NFL isn't like baseball or basketball in regard to contracts, I recognize that it much to one sided, other folks here should also. So no hate from me, rather disappointment that Kam had this brainstorm to have SS be paid as well as FS. Wasn't his best moment and I'm happy to have this settled and get back to having our best guys out there.

However feel free to hate. It's your right as a fan.
He has said it's about the guaranteed money, not the dollar amount. And yet the quotes from the reporter the other night were all about moving money from one year to the other which is about pay, not guaranteed funds.

And no, contracts are not year to year. A full contract gives the team rights over the player for that duration. They are free to release those rights when they want. This is true. Players do not have the right to hold their team hostages year in and year out over the terms. The league would be in shambles if this was accepted as the status quo. It isn't. And it can't be.

One of you insisting that contracts are more or less irrelevant please let me know the last 2 or 3 players that held their team hostage in the regular season with 3+ years left on their deal. Show us how normal and common this is.

I'll be waiting right here.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has said it's about the guaranteed money, not the dollar amount. And yet the quotes from the reporter the other night were all about moving money from one year to the other which is about pay, not guaranteed funds.

And no, contracts are not year to year. A full contract gives the team rights over the player for that duration. They are free to release those rights when they want. This is true. Players do not have the right to hold their team hostages year in and year out over the terms. The league would be in shambles if this was accepted as the status quo. It isn't. And it can't be.

One of you insisting that contracts are more or less irrelevant please let me know the last 2 or 3 players that held their team hostage in the regular season with 3+ years left on their deal. Show us how normal and common this is.

I'll be waiting right here.
Mmmm I believe Antonio Brown squacked enough to get what Kam is asking for. Better tactics...most likely, but same idea.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are accusing me of doing exactly what you are now doing. :L
Total fail

If you go back to my first post on this I made it clear. He has to need the team to do badly to get what he wants. Maybe he's conflicted. Who wouldn't be? But if the thought of the team losing because of his 'business' deal wasn't acceptable he'd be here with his team. He's not.

He's being a complete dumbass. And yes, that's my opinion and I've said as much. I've only claimed 'facts' that are indeed 'facts' and no one has proven otherwise. No matter how much the actual 'facts' don't work well with your opinions.
Big difference between you and me: I'm not running around telling everyone else their OPININ is wrong. You are.

Just a hunch: you've never completed an under grad level Philosophy course with a passing grade. Am I right?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure they do. See: Darrelle Revis.

Players are free to hold out, it's a right negotiated in to their contract.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well whatever about this whole thing. From the rumors it sounds like he'll be in week 3 at the latest and I'll be happy to see him back. I don't like the tactics at all though. If they're going to come together on this then let's make sure he's available for the Packers.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He had his right to hold out. Nobody can force him to show up. But fans have a right to call someone a douchebag when he starts acting like the contract he grinned to sign is nothing but an insult. Douchey move on Kam's part.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because you could become R. Turbin if you get hurt and end up in Clevland for god sakes.

He's not a fan of players, just the team, so he could apparently care less about Turbo.

I'm thinking he'd have cut 1 kidney dead weight SOB Jesse Williams months ago. That guy was a douchebag, his cancer interfering with his team...

/ridiculous hyperbole

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, it is not. Did revis hold out regular season games with 3+ years on a contract?

The preseason holdouts are common. Less so now that the CBA put rookies in slots of money and locked them in. That stopped a lot of it.

Find me players with 3 years left that held out regular season games and were awarded. I haven't found any in quick searches.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a fan of players, just the team, so he could apparently care less about Turbo.

I'm thinking he'd have cut 1 kidney dead weight SOB Jesse Williams months ago. That guy was a douchebag, his cancer interfering with his team...

/ridiculous hyperbole
Naaa Wiz just gets caught with morals. He's actually a good guy, but strict moral values.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

/ridiculous hyperbole
So you are now taking more cheap shots at me and making insults? Weren't you chiding me for my tone at one point?

You can't come up with any answers so you go to insults. Not making yourself look any smarter you know.