• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kam Chancellor Hold out?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we are talking planet earth now or are we talking back to back Super Bowl appearances led by their defense with 1 win and 1 bad call at the end loss? These guys know the NFL is a Billion dollar business. It's not like our everyday jobs.. And they know the dude who owns the Seawhaks is loaded.
They also know they can't keep their stable of studs under the salary cap AND have all of them make windfall deals.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm now choking on the irony.
So you feel I've been overboard and yet do so yourself? Hypocrisy much? :noidea:

Still waiting for any of you to explain what Kam expects to get out of sitting out of games if he isn't looking for the team to change their tune in the event they lose or look bad at SS while he's away. What does he have to gain? I mean we are told he's absolutely not rooting against his own team so what does he gain by not coming back in before the season starts?

And no, I don't expect a rational answer from any of you. You have to ignore logic to come up with anything else.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also know they can't keep their stable of studs under the salary cap AND have all of them make windfall deals.

Oh I know that's part of the game no doubt. But I guess you can't expect RW, Kam, and whoever else to be paid as the 15-20th best at their position, while performing like a top 10 or top 5 player at their position. They've won their ring, now it's time to get paid in their mind.

If it was my team, I would want the guy to play out his contract. If it was me lining up at SS, I would to be paid like a top 3 SS.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you feel I've been overboard and yet do so yourself? Hypocrisy much? :noidea:

Still waiting for any of you to explain what Kam expects to get out of sitting out of games if he isn't looking for the team to change their tune in the event they lose or look bad at SS while he's away. What does he have to gain? I mean we are told he's absolutely not rooting against his own team so what does he gain by not coming back in before the season starts?

And no, I don't expect a rational answer from any of you. You have to ignore logic to come up with anything else.

So why's he doing it then? Is he irrational? Gone off his meds? I've already admitted that I don't think he's blameless in all this, and that he isn't likely to get what he wants.

He clearly WANTS something.

Given that he was a team captain, and widely respected, he doesn't have a HISTORY of making poor choices for team chemistry.

So what IS his endgame?

Spell it out for me, oh paragon of logic and cold clear rationality.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshawn Lynch wore #31 during practice today. Take it however you want it to be, whether in support of the hold out or urging him to come back.

Regardless, his teammates needs him there. I think this will be the straw that broke the camel's back and he reports Monday in preparation for week 2. I expect him to.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a player is cut, any remaining signing bonus money that was spread out over the life of the contract, immediately hits the cap. Any guaranteed money, immediately hits the cap as well. In Kam's case, his 2015 base salary is guaranteed. So cutting him would result in a $7.65 mil cap hit. Or something in that range.

Seattle is doing the right thing if they stick to their guns. But make no mistake, if for some reason Seattle loses their first 2 games with the secondary partially to blame, Seattle will cave.

Damn that sucks for Seattle! and for any team in Seattles shoes

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I know that's part of the game no doubt. But I guess you can't expect RW, Kam, and whoever else to be paid as the 15-20th best at their position, while performing like a top 10 or top 5 player at their position. They've won their ring, now it's time to get paid in their mind.

If it was my team, I would want the guy to play out his contract. If it was me lining up at SS, I would to be paid like a top 3 SS.
Kam isn't the 15th best paid SS, he's currently the second best paid SS and while the guy ahead of him isn't as good as him, he's not outrageously behind anyone. His beef was that current contracts the last couple of years have been giving more of their value guaranteed and he's behind that curve.

So ask for changes like Bennett did, but don't hold your team hostage for unusual and unreasonable demands. How many guys have held out with 3 years left? How many of them have received what they asked for?
The problem with those questions are the rules changed in the teams favor at the last CBA and there is less to gain from sitting out than their used to be. No expert can figure out why he's doing this. Even other agents are questioning the logic of this situation and few really support it outside of other active players who are simply loving any chance to chip away at more money. I mean if Kam wins anything out of this players will be bashing in all kinds of doors trying their hand at it as well.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kam isn't the 15th best paid SS, he's currently the second best paid SS and while the guy ahead of him isn't as good as him, he's not outrageously behind anyone. His beef was that current contracts the last couple of years have been giving more of their value guaranteed and he's behind that curve.

So ask for changes like Bennett did, but don't hold your team hostage for unusual and unreasonable demands. How many guys have held out with 3 years left? How many of them have received what they asked for?
The problem with those questions are the rules changed in the teams favor at the last CBA and there is less to gain from sitting out than their used to be. No expert can figure out why he's doing this. Even other agents are questioning the logic of this situation and few really support it outside of other active players who are simply loving any chance to chip away at more money. I mean if Kam wins anything out of this players will be bashing in all kinds of doors trying their hand at it as well.

Innnnteresting. Yeah if he's the 2nd best paid SS that is BUUUUUULLSHIT

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why's he doing it then? Is he irrational? Gone off his meds? I've already admitted that I don't think he's blameless in all this, and that he isn't likely to get what he wants.

He clearly WANTS something.

Given that he was a team captain, and widely respected, he doesn't have a HISTORY of making poor choices for team chemistry.

So what IS his endgame?

Spell it out for me, oh paragon of logic and cold clear rationality.
I have. Several times. You and a couple of others don't like it and throw it out, then offer none of your own.

The only reason to carry this forward during the season is in hopes that if the team or defense struggles it will force the hand of the team to give in and let him have what he wants. It's obvious and undeniable, and yet here comes the next set of denials from you.

Again, if you don't like that as a reason then provide your own. Simply saying I'm wrong and you have no idea what is right doesn't fly.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have. Several times. You and a couple of others don't like it and throw it out, then offer none of your own.

The only reason to carry this forward during the season is in hopes that if the team or defense struggles it will force the hand of the team to give in and let him have what he wants. It's obvious and undeniable, and yet here comes the next set of denials from you.

Again, if you don't like that as a reason then provide your own. Simply saying I'm wrong and you have no idea what is right doesn't fly.

C'mon you can answer the question without all the added verbiage. You don't need to gild the lilly. He wants more money, AND more specifically, he wants less backloaded money that he'd never see if he gets hurt.

THAT'S what he wants. I personally don't think he's going to get it.

But that's what he wants.

All the additional spleen venting by you is just that, venting.

The team knows that's what he wants, and HE knows why the team doesn't want to give it to him.

I suspect if Bennet hadn't made all the noise earlier this year, they would've moved the money ahead a year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! I missed a lot here while at work today. My feelings is that Kam wants the Seahawks to miss him. That does not = wishing them to lose. If I was in his shoes, I'd want to feel missed also. Anybody in his shoes would feel the same way. I don't criticize someone for looking out for his best interests. I do, everyone else does. The thing is this wasn't in his best interest IMO. Surprised the Seahawks even gave a inch, because they really shouldn't.

Guess we'll see how this plays out.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are nuts, you seriously think he's going to be sitting there, losing hundreds of thousands of dollars for one day, thinking "gee I sure hope my team that I'm holding out on does really super without me..."

All of you can say it's a business and he's just trying to take care of himself, but that doesn't make him right... it is a business, If he's not going to honor his contract he can fuck off like anyone else in a business situation.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are nuts, you seriously think he's going to be sitting there, losing hundreds of thousands of dollars for one day, thinking "gee I sure hope my team that I'm holding out on does really super without me..."

All of you can say it's a business and he's just trying to take care of himself, but that doesn't make him right... it is a business, If he's not going to honor his contract he can fuck off like anyone else in a business situation.

Or....lose a ton of money. You OK with that?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon you can answer the question without all the added verbiage. You don't need to gild the lilly. He wants more money, AND more specifically, he wants less backloaded money that he'd never see if he gets hurt.

THAT'S what he wants. I personally don't think he's going to get it.

But that's what he wants.

All the additional spleen venting by you is just that, venting.

The team knows that's what he wants, and HE knows why the team doesn't want to give it to him.

I suspect if Bennet hadn't made all the noise earlier this year, they would've moved the money ahead a year.
Cool story
Didn't address the topic AT ALL :L

We all know what he wants. That's never been in question or dispute. YOU assert I'm off base in saying he needs the team to lose to get more leverage. You speak NOTHING about WHY he's pushing this into the season. What does he expect to gain by making this distraction drag on into the season? You can't answer that. You won't answer that.

Harold, it's not a far push to go to needing them to lose from where you are. He won't be missed if the team wins and the secondary looks really solid. Therefor... Just a lil farther bro.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or....lose a ton of money. You OK with that?
What he's doing makes no sense. He's already given up half a million in fines just for this week because of his lost game check and the portion of his signing bonus he will have to write a check back to the team for. Add in everything else for missing camp. All to move a few million from '17 to '16? And now that the team didn't give it to him he's going to push it into the season. If the team plays well and wins without him he's going to be out a LOT of money. They should hold his fines against him, or at least most of it. Make him lose and show others this shit isn't going to work. Don't sign contracts you aren't willing to play for. Pretty simple.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool story
Didn't address the topic AT ALL :L

We all know what he wants. That's never been in question or dispute. YOU assert I'm off base in saying he needs the team to lose to get more leverage. You speak NOTHING about WHY he's pushing this into the season. What does he expect to gain by making this distraction drag on into the season? You can't answer that. You won't answer that.

Harold, it's not a far push to go to needing them to lose from where you are. He won't be missed if the team wins and the secondary looks really solid. Therefor... Just a lil farther bro.
Actually winning, but a noticeable lack of Bam in run support and dump off passes would work just fine for Kam. Losing , but the defense played excellent , doesn't really help his cause. He wants to be missed, does not= hoping for Seahawks to lose.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What he's doing makes no sense. He's already given up half a million in fines just for this week because of his lost game check and the portion of his signing bonus he will have to write a check back to the team for. Add in everything else for missing camp. All to move a few million from '17 to '16? And now that the team didn't give it to him he's going to push it into the season. If the team plays well and wins without him he's going to be out a LOT of money. They should hold his fines against him, or at least most of it. Make him lose and show others this shit isn't going to work. Don't sign contracts you aren't willing to play for. Pretty simple.
This whole deal was a bad idea for Kam, think we can agree on that, right?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen Kam Chancellor put his ass on the line and play some of the most physical ball we've ever seen in this city, he has left it all on the field every Sun day for my entertainment. If he wants the team to feel like they need him, so what? I don't take it personally, even if it is true. And what about all the reports about him working with teammates during his holdout? A couple weeks ago that was evidence that he was still a leader. Are those reports no longer credible because we're mad at him? Now he just wants them all to fail...