• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kam Chancellor Hold out?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it is not. Did revis hold out regular season games with 3+ years on a contract?

The preseason holdouts are common. Less so now that the CBA put rookies in slots of money and locked them in. That stopped a lot of it.

Find me players with 3 years left that held out regular season games and were awarded. I haven't found any in quick searches.

Whether not it's been an effective strategy is not my point.

My point is that they are granted the right to hold out as much as they want, by the contract, that the team signed.

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen Kam Chancellor put his ass on the line and play some of the most physical ball we've ever seen in this city, he has left it all on the field every Sun day for my entertainment. If he wants the team to feel like they need him, so what? I don't take it personally, even if it is true. And what about all the reports about him working with teammates during his holdout? A couple weeks ago that was evidence that he was still a leader. Are those reports no longer credible because we're mad at him? Now he just wants them all to fail...
Sports and being a fan are a nebulous psychological thing. I Love Easley, Kam reminds me of him, but I'm pissed he's playing a losing hand and admiration of his fans, but all will be forgiven when our Hammer rejoins the Legion of Boom!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get what he is really holding out for, he's not going to change the system, he's not going to get money moved around like Lynch. He and other players should've taken their greed to their player reps before they all got hosed with the CBA.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether not it's been an effective strategy is not my point.

My point is that they are granted the right to hold out as much as they want, by the contract, that the team signed.
Have a link for that? Because he's being fined for every game he misses which is also in his contract. Isn't he then violating the terms of it and being punished for it?

There are fans that try to argue on behalf of the players over this notion that because teams can dump a player out of a contract that the players should be able to do the same. It doesn't work that way and will never work that way. Both sides pay for people to manage these contracts that are supposed to understand how they work and were the potential pitfalls are. Kam does not appear to be getting sound advice. At the end of the day it is on him to make informed decisions.

I'm still looking for examples of players doing what Kam is though. 3 plus years left and going into the regular season. Not preseason hold outs or guys pushing on their last year. This isn't as common as I believe some of you think it is.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a link for that? Because he's being fined for every game he misses which is also in his contract. Isn't he then violating the terms of it and being punished for it?

There are fans that try to argue on behalf of the players over this notion that because teams can dump a player out of a contract that the players should be able to do the same. It doesn't work that way and will never work that way. Both sides pay for people to manage these contracts that are supposed to understand how they work and were the potential pitfalls are. Kam does not appear to be getting sound advice. At the end of the day it is on him to make informed decisions.

I'm still looking for examples of players doing what Kam is though. 3 plus years left and going into the regular season. Not preseason hold outs or guys pushing on their last year. This isn't as common as I believe some of you think it is.

There are penalties for holding out, just like there are penalties for a team to cut a player. But both are within the framework of the contracts. Otherwise there would be a lot breach of contract lawsuits from players and teams. Loss of wages for missed work is pretty standard, and it doesn't mean that he's breaking a contract, just not getting paid for the time that he misses.

And I understand how uncommon this is. I just disagree with the fact that he's doing something that is a boc. Illiformed? Sure. Dumb? Yeah. Wrong? No more than a team cutting a player with times left on his deal.

Last edited:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard B&S play some clip of Stephen A Smith saying something to the effect of Lynch possibly not showing up for the game due to the Kam situation being unresolved.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard B&S play some clip of Stephen A Smith saying something to the effect of Lynch possibly not showing up for the game due to the Kam situation being unresolved.

What a stupid thing for him to say. Seriously, I guarantee he saw Lynch wearing 31 in practice yesterday, and came up with that BS on the spot.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If true then this is a bunch of bullshit. Are we allowed to be pissed and cussed out Kam Chancellor then?

However, I take whatever Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith said as a grain of salt... these two clowns are idiots.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are now taking more cheap shots at me and making insults? Weren't you chiding me for my tone at one point?

You can't come up with any answers so you go to insults. Not making yourself look any smarter you know.

I answered your 'questions,' that you can't understand that is on you.

And remember that irony thing I mentioned before? You shouldn't throw stones about cheap shots.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If true then this is a bunch of bullshit. Are we allowed to be pissed and cussed out Kam Chancellor then?

However, I take whatever Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith said as a grain of salt... these two clowns are idiots.

Why wouldn't you be pissed and cuss out Lynch if it's true? (which its not)

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think maybe a refresher read on collective bargaining would be in order for some.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, of course. It's misguided anger, but emote away!

Stephen A is a blowhard. I really don't care for either one.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We stay in contact, and really we're all encouraged by it," Richard said. "We want him here, he wants to be here ... and right now both sides are working. Both sides are working. Everybody cares, everybody wants the right thing, everybody wants him here, he wants to be here, we want him here, and right now – there will be a resolution." -- Kris Richard

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, of course. It's misguided anger, but emote away!

Stephen A is a blowhard. I really don't care for either one.

Oh please, spare me the "misguided" bullshit, I'm not here for that. It's quite simple and I've stated before people handles things differently based on their emotion. I'm not talking about just football but life in general. In this case, some people feel a certain emotional attachment to the athletes and they cussed him (Kam Chancellor) out in anger and it is well within their rights as fans.

Some, take a different approach and don't let it affect their livelihood and that should be the way to approach it. Just because some people take a different approach it does not mean "misguided anger" or criticize them for being mad at the situation. There was a post in this thread about how if people are mad at Chancellor about this thing then it's a "YOU problem" --- well, if people are so caught up about how certain people react on here... then it's also a YOU problem.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wouldn't you be pissed and cuss out Lynch if it's true? (which its not)

Who said anything about not pissed at Lynch? Of course I would be pissed. However, the bigger picture here is that Kam Chancellor's holdout has a negative impact and it will transfer onto the field.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh please, spare me the "misguided" bullshit, I'm not here for that. It's quite simple and I've stated before people handles things differently based on their emotion. I'm not talking about just football but life in general. In this case, some people feel a certain emotional attachment to the athletes and they cussed him (Kam Chancellor) out in anger and it is well within their rights as fans.

Some, take a different approach and don't let it affect their livelihood and that should be the way to approach it. Just because some people take a different approach it does not mean "misguided anger" or criticize them for being mad at the situation. There was a post in this thread about how if people are mad at Chancellor about this thing then it's a "YOU problem" --- well, if people are so caught up about how certain people react on here... then it's also a YOU problem.
No problem dude, enjoy.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said anything about not pissed at Lynch? Of course I would be pissed. However, the bigger picture here is that Kam Chancellor's holdout has a negative impact and it will transfer onto the field.

Kam has no control over what Lynch does. None. I understand being frustrated with Kam, but I Lynch did this, it would be 110% on him. If he did that, he should receive 10x the anger that is being directed at Kam. Not being there for the past 6 weeks and having your feelings be known the entire time while the team prepares without you is one thing, leaving your team hanging at the last second is something totally different.

And again, I guarantee that there is absolutely no validity to this story.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I answered your 'questions,' that you can't understand that is on you.

And remember that irony thing I mentioned before? You shouldn't throw stones about cheap shots.
No, the irony or hypocrisy if you prefer are telling someone to not do something and then doing it yourself. I never told you not to do anything. I simply pointed out that being a hypocrite isn't helping you look any smarter. And that's a fact.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems a few people up here are lost on what is fact and what is opinion.
These are the facts of the situation. There is no room for debate.

1. Kam is holding out from playing or participating in team activities and is carrying into the regular season. He is doing so of his own free will, not out of injury.
2. By not playing in game 1 his team has a greater than 0% percent more of a chance of losing unless you feel his replacement is exactly as good as he is or better than him, and if you do this discussion is way over your head.
3. Earl hasn't played a live down of football since the SB and will not have Kam to help lean on while he gets back into the swing of things. In fact he very likely will have to do even more with Kam gone to help make up for any mistakes from Kam's replacement. This puts Earl's chances of reinjury just due to Kam not being there at greater than 0%.
4. Kam wants something out of the team. We don't know the exact terms he's asked for as there have been different reports saying different things, however the fact he isn't here and is sitting out games means he is asking for something more than he has now.
5. If the Seahawks win and look good in the secondary his sitting out accomplishes nothing. If that trend continues he will have to come back at some point with almost no chance at an improved deal.
6. This means he needs either the team to lose, Earl or his replacement to get injured, or at least the secondary to not look good in order for his sitting out to be productive. He literally can't gain anything unless one or more of those happens as a result of his sitting out.

So it is my opinion he's a pile of crap for being willing to put the team and his fellow players in positions where injury and failure for them are greater while he waits to cash in on it.