• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kam Chancellor Hold out?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can bet your ass that every team evaluates every contract, every offseason. Some are simple evaluations, and some are not. But with a salary cap hanging over you, you are constantly evaluating the money that you are spending, and/or want to spend or save. We see so many moving pieces in the NFL, it's a constant rotation of players (cuts, renegotiations, restructurings) don't see why it's a crazy idea that the teams are always going over what they have on the books.

As far as the ethical nature of what he's doing... I honestly see it no more unethical of a business practice than cutting a player under contract.
I didn't say anything you are countering. You appear to keep trying to move the goal posts so to speak.

Of course teams evaluate their rosters every year, that's hardly the same thing as saying every deal is a one year deal in effect.

As I already stated, signing long term deals gives benefits to both parties and both have incentives to stick with them until they are at least close to expiring. Those evals you speak of don't often end in cutting players one year in because of the dead money you'd have (which is the players insurance of sorts against that).

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I'm not mis-characterizing squat. I'm QUOTING you for fvck's sake.

'Pile of crap.'

That's a poster of a 'pile of crap,' you have on your wall.
Yes, you are. Read your posts again where my saying what he's doing NOW is entirely dismissing or somehow ignoring what he's done IN THE PAST. Or even that I've said or implied he hasn't done anything good during this. I have simply said he is putting our team in jeopardy and improving the odds that others get hurt for his own selfish gains. I think that's a shitty thing to do to your team. Just play your contract.
That's not true. Someone already quoted Kris Richard saying something would get done. And as of now the team hasn't lost, no-one has been injured, and the secondary hasn't played badly.

You have a problem with opinion and fact.
I listened to that interview and even the hosts afterward commented that it was entirely opposite of what Carroll had said just the day before and was likely just his coach holding optimism. There was nothing he eluded to that suggested he knew a deal was pending, it was more he just feels its going to get done. So your 'facts' are more than a bit off here.

If he doesn't stand to gain anything from injury, loss, or bad play then what is he sitting out for? You can't/won't answer that because there is no other answer. The leverage he is looking for is the misery of his team. Just how it is.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he doesn't stand to gain anything from injury, loss, or bad play then what is he sitting out for? You can't/won't answer that because there is no other answer. The leverage he is looking for is the misery of his team. Just how it is.

Too funny (the bold).

You're a trip man.

I'm out on this for a while. Possibly we'll revisit when there's a resolution one way or another.

In the meantime, stare longingly at your Kam poster, and turn your frown upside down!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If earl ends up reinjured and its because he's helping clean up after the NFG I'll be burning that poster in the parking lot on Monday, and yes I'll take pictures of that too.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If earl ends up reinjured and its because he's helping clean up after the NFG I'll be burning that poster in the parking lot on Monday, and yes I'll take pictures of that too.

Oh hell, one more.

I hear that Kam and Belichek have cooked up a deal where a patsy will shoot Earl in the knee prior to the game. Kam to get his new deal, and Bill, looking ahead to a Superbowl rematch.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too funny (the bold).

You're a trip man.
That's because it IS true.

Look, I get how fans get wrapped up into defending their own at all costs. Look at the Pats fans over Brady. Look at SF fans when they were defending Smith, or others that defended Hardy or Rice. Home town fans defend their guys pretty much no matter what they do, or at least a good portion of them.

Some of you are just not seeing how far your blindness is going to protect the views you want to have. That's fine.

Tell me what other options there are other than he will profit from a loss, injury, or poor play from his replacement. This notion that something else is in the works and will get done no matter what is ludicrous and speculative. It's hardly a 'fact'. If the team does well his position is even more weakened from where it is now. He can take the last offer given and come back or keep holding out and continuing to wait for any of the above to come true. That's the only way he will get what he is sitting out for. And that is how these things have always worked. We have seen it on other teams in the past. Injury happens and suddenly the team gives up the farm to make the problem go away. It's part of the business. Just a part I think it totally shitty.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh hell, one more.

I hear that Kam and Belichek have cooked up a deal where a patsy will shoot Earl in the knee prior to the game. Kam to get his new deal, and Bill, looking ahead to a Superbowl rematch.
Well, it's official. You are nothing more than an internet dip shit and will be treated accordingly from now on. Any thought that you actually were trying to get to any kind of honest discussion is entirely eroded now.

You get the fucktard award of the day. Congrats!

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Fact 'most other people' amounts to 3? Maybe 4?
2. Kam can only get what he wants if the team loses, someone gets injured, or the secondary plays badly. He stands to lose a lot if none of those happens. He's also increasing the odds that those do happen simply by not being there. That's enough to be angry about IMO.

If you all want to get caught up in semantics then simply say 'need' instead of 'want', but they are the same to me. I've also said he has to be conflicted as these are his teammates and friends whose lives he is messing with in his selfish acts he is involved in.

It's neither need or want. And there's a huge difference between needing and wanting. Seahawks obviously want him on the field and when he turns on the tube to watch the game he's going to have a hard time because competitors want to be on the field.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's neither need or want. And there's a huge difference between needing and wanting. Seahawks obviously want him on the field and when he turns on the tube to watch the game he's going to have a hard time because competitors want to be on the field.
I don't disagree with that. I said he will surely be conflicted. These are his teammates and friends on his team. He's going to be cheering for great plays. But once the game is over, he will be sitting there looking at what the outcome did to help, or hurt his chances. And everything I've said about those is true. He will make a huge profit if Earl gets hurt or the team looks bad on defense. He may lose a lot if they do fine. That's where he needs for the team to do bad for his holdout to be fruitful. It literally can't if bad things don't happen. It's just the nature of these.

So why the anger? because it really doesn't matter what the outcome is at this point. Even if they win and look good he still risked the team on his own personal gain. I'll obviously be far more ticked at him if they lose or injuries happen that I feel might not have had he been there. But I'll still have lost all respect for him just because he put them in that risky situation to begin with even if its all fine.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's official. You are nothing more than an internet dip shit and will be treated accordingly from now on. Any thought that you actually were trying to get to any kind of honest discussion is entirely eroded now.

You get the fucktard award of the day. Congrats!

Heh, holy hell you take yourself seriously.

Honest discussion? How would that work, anyone who disagrees with you can't see simple logic.

What do I win for my dipshit award?

How about your Kam poster?

Reactions: JMR

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, holy hell you take yourself seriously.

Honest discussion? How would that work, anyone who disagrees with you can't see simple logic.

What do I win for my dipshit award?

How about your Kam poster?
I stupidly attempted to have a serious discussion with you and ended up with more of your dip-shittery. I won't make that mistake again.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stupidly attempted to have a serious discussion with you and ended up with more of your dip-shittery. I won't make that mistake again.

Uh-huh

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, now that he's entering into the final year of his deal, now would be the time that Seattle would look to extend Kam. Rumors I've heard is that he should be looking at a 4 year 36 million (16 guaranteed) extension. that would keep him in Seattle through 2021.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd comment but I'm too neck deep in some asshatery, or some-such.

Heh, I'd totally forgotten about this thread. :)

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes our disagreement over Futch seem quite pedestrian in comparison bl!