• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kam Chancellor Hold out?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a epidemic. Not surprised about Kam, Seahawks have been getting a good deal on his contract.

Last edited:

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks caved a bit with Lynch last year in the same situation (>1 year remaining on deal, facing a holdout). This is the result.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had completed year 2 of a 5 year team friendly contract. As much as he is adored, I don't think the Seahawks budge this year.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many other needs to focus on. Kam's contract is probably last on the list to restructure.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had completed year 2 of a 5 year team friendly contract. As much as he is adored, I don't think the Seahawks budge this year.

Yeah pay raises are not in the budget.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Headaches caused by success.

These athletes know that you are 1 play away from retirement and you have to get as much as you can as soon as you can or be SOL.

When you are the starting SS for a back to back Conference champion, you may tend to think you are worth more than what they started you out with.

This is normal.

We'll see how this plays out.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These athletes know that you are 1 play away from retirement and you have to get as much as you can as soon as you can or be SOL.

When you are the starting SS for a back to back Conference champion, you may tend to think you are worth more than what they started you out with.

This is normal.

We'll see how this plays out.

I think he realized that quick when he tore his MCL for whatever his injury was and it didnt help that both earl thomas and richard sherman suffered major injuries in the packers game

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With RW not getting his deal, he probably sees an opportunity to get some more money that the team would've used to sign RW this year...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kam is paid pretty good for a strong safety. he is ranked 11th in the NFL over both safety positions at $5.65million. The thing with him talking about holding out is this though, it would take only about $1.5 million per year more to put him in 7th spot right behind Earl Thomas at 6. I think they have wiggle room for that BUT as we know the Hawks won't do anything when he has so many years left. Kam is being paid Well right now for a strong safety so something is going on with all these guys wanting more money. Someone is getting into these guys ears and to be honest i am looking right at Michael Bennett.

I hope i am wrong but the coaches will know who it is and if it is Bennett i say trade him now and use Irvin/Clark and Hill to spell one Michael Bennett in the line-up ( Clark on rushing downs on the outside and Irvin on passing downs With Hill on the inside ).

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does this kind of thing mean we should delete the salary cap ala MLB (I'm not for that) or change the structure of guaranteed money vs cap hits.

To me it feels like teams are currently handcuffed against players every year, whether they've signed a contract or not.

Perhaps taking away the team's power to terminate a contract whenever it wants is the answer. Then the individual won't feel like they're the only one without control. If a team terminates a contract but is also liable to pay the money that contract agreed to, there would be less demand from each player to collect immediately, putting teams in positions that the Seahawks have seen the last couple years.

Team success shouldn't breed individual greed. How do we cull that trend?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does this kind of thing mean we should delete the salary cap ala MLB (I'm not for that) or change the structure of guaranteed money vs cap hits.

To me it feels like teams are currently handcuffed against players every year, whether they've signed a contract or not.

Perhaps taking away the team's power to terminate a contract whenever it wants is the answer. Then the individual won't feel like they're the only one without control. If a team terminates a contract but is also liable to pay the money that contract agreed to, there would be less demand from each player to collect immediately, putting teams in positions that the Seahawks have seen the last couple years.

Team success shouldn't breed individual greed. How do we cull that trend?

Its just the name of the game. Every team that's highly competitive deals with it. Steeelers (Hampton, Harrison, Clark, Burress), Pats (Law, Samuel, Wilfork, Branch). Those are just the ones off the top of my head, if Schneider didn't plan on this, I'd be dissapointed.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kam is paid pretty good for a strong safety. he is ranked 11th in the NFL over both safety positions at $5.65million. The thing with him talking about holding out is this though, it would take only about $1.5 million per year more to put him in 7th spot right behind Earl Thomas at 6. I think they have wiggle room for that BUT as we know the Hawks won't do anything when he has so many years left. Kam is being paid Well right now for a strong safety so something is going on with all these guys wanting more money. Someone is getting into these guys ears and to be honest i am looking right at Michael Bennett.

I hope i am wrong but the coaches will know who it is and if it is Bennett i say trade him now and use Irvin/Clark and Hill to spell one Michael Bennett in the line-up ( Clark on rushing downs on the outside and Irvin on passing downs With Hill on the inside ).

It's the agents and the players themselves, Bennett doesn't have any influence on Kam. And as far as cutting or trading Bennett, not when it would take 3 players to replace what one guy does. Especially when those players still have a lot to prove (Hill-health, Irvin- productivity, Clark-everything).

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to success boys. This is what happens. I get what Kams saying, compared to what the rest of the D is getting and what he brings to the team he is underpaid.

BUT. Kameron, part of the luxory of being the FIRST guy extended is you got your money years before Bennett/Wilson/ET so, youve been rich while those guys (sans first rd pick ET) have been getting paid nothing (nfl standards)

Part of you getting paid early (before you were the all pro bam bam we know today btw) was the knowledge that down the line your contract would be friendly to the team so we could get the rest of the lob done.

"think about holding out all you want" but if you do, your gonna get fined per the cba and theres no new money for you.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why teams have to hold firm... Once that flood-gate opens players start popping up wanting more money as well... You cannot negotiate with players that have more than 2 years left on their contracts... Seahawks have to draw the line in the sand.... If he wants to hold out so be it, let him pay the dam fines...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just the name of the game. Every team that's highly competitive deals with it. Steeelers (Hampton, Harrison, Clark, Burress), Pats (Law, Samuel, Wilfork, Branch). Those are just the ones off the top of my head, if Schneider didn't plan on this, I'd be dissapointed.

True, but you don't give in ... Let um cry all they want...